1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Barkley actually gives props to Yao!?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jaingfang, Apr 20, 2009.

1. pppbigppp

pppbigppp Member

Man, and I thought it was because there exist a stipulation that states "Barkley has to tell us how a donkey's ass taste whenever Yao goes 9 for 9. Either that, or stop shooting himself in the foot for awhile'

2. yaorta

yaorta Member

he's owned by yao's drunk shrimp

3. bloop

bloop Member

You just made a point for why being "universal #1" doesn't mean anything and how being a number 1 pick is not correlated to performance. Going back now, very few GMs and even fewer fans would take Hakeem over Jordan.

You need some history. Both Bowie and Hakeem were taken at the top because they were centers. Not because "no one" expected Jordan to be good. People understood that Jordan would be a great player. It's less to do with Hakeem and more to do with biases in the league at the time towards centers. Again proof how conventional wisdom-- what Timnam calls "unanimous" is worthless. Jordan made an immediate impact on Chicago. You do realize that Jordan beat Hakeem for Rookie of the Year right? Unlike Tinman I have actually played some ball in my lifetime so I'm not going to say Jordan kicked Hakeem's ass because of that but it shows that Jordan was at least on Hakeem's level that year while playing on a worse performing team and so impressed voters that NO ONE ELSE received any votes for ROY that particular year.

A large reason it took him 6 years to "do something" is because he had to go through Detroit and Boston and he needed the emergence of Horace Grant to go along with Pippen. Hakeem had Ralph Sampson the year you think he took the "worse team" to the finals and both were all stars that year. Also as an aside, "literally" means exactly opposite of what you think it means. Hakeem "figuratively" destroyed the showtime lakers by himself (which I agree with). There were 4 other guys with him on the court

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

rookie.

in 1984 yes, everyone would have taken AKEEM instead of Jordan.
    Nobody travels back in time to do draft.

Dream was the #1 pick for every team. Nobody knew that Jordan would be the modern day Jordan.

And some history for you rookie, Dream made it to the NBA Finals in second year. That's some good returns if you ask me.

Keep replying you might learn something.

5. tinman

Supporting Member

rockbox,

thanks for schooling these rookies.

You know why this rookie is acting like he has PMS.

cause I said that Yao wasn't that great his rookie year and that he was not a unanimous #1 pick meaning not every team would have chosen him at #1.

Also I said we were 'lucky' to have Yao turn into a great player.

Somehow I squished theses rookies nipples with that one.

Oh remember how this board was Yao's rookie year? I mean from us Rocket first fans. We were still second guessing the pick because of good Amare was that year.

We Rocket first fans give praise when it is earned, we don't crave the media attention for no reason.

6. bloop

bloop Member

Doubtful since you can't even form a basic argument. You just congratulated Rockbox on posting that Hakeem's first Western Conference championship team with All-star Ralph Sampson was "the worse team in the NBA."

Your posts are trash so until you say something that doesn't actually embarrass you and make you look like self-inflated windbag there's no point farther embarrassing you.

But I will make one further correction so as to give someone who does deserve respect his proper due. Other than regurgitating points that your superiors have already made, your major point of knowledge seems to be typing out AKEEM in caps as if everyone doesn't know that Guy Lewis misspelled Hakeem's name on the roster and Hakeem was too humble to correct him. Guess what? It's 2009 it's appropriate to give Hakeem his respect and refer to him by his name.

Even if you dont respect yourself and spam nonsense under the guise of "contributing member" show some respect to Hakeem by addressing him by the proper name.

7. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Looks like there's a bloop on tinman's radar.

I blame Chuckles for the loss.

8. bloop

bloop Member

lol nice

9. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

I told you Barkley is usually wrong. When he bets Rockets, you can be sure of a loss.

10. tinman

Supporting Member

a bloop is what went down the toilet after lunch.

these rookies sure are sensitive. its quite UNANIMOUS.

11. tinman

Supporting Member

LOL,

you don't even know "WHO IS DREAM"

rookie

ps. why are babbling about "contributing member"? We're 99ers. Bow Down.

12. tinman

Supporting Member

You could tell Barkley was sadden by Deke's injury tonight.

13. Setuablaz3

Setuablaz3 Rookie

You are always talking about how you were born in 1860's and how you know this and that... noone gives a rats ass! Seriously, dont try and be arrogant when you have nothing to boast about.

Not all people here are born in jurassic era. So STOP talking ****. People are free to express their views without any prejudice or intimidations. Not that its working but you absolutely have no respect from new comers like me.

Learn how to post from some real members on this board.

14. LBJ-Tmac

LBJ-Tmac Member

Your like my dad dude. You have this idea about something in your mind and you always adament that its right and you blind out view or opinions from everyone else. You think your better then everybody else because you might have watched basketball longer then some of us but that doesnt mean u cant respect new ideas... you only respect people that have the same opinion as you or the "99ers"

15. Shaud

Shaud Member

Charles said it was ridiculous that Yao only got 6 shots.

16. tinman

Supporting Member

is that what you call it new ideas?

when someone gets upset that you claim that Rocket fans were "Lucky" to have Yao Ming become a great player?
    when someone gets confused that you say that he wasn't a unanimous #1 pick like Shaq or Tim Duncan or LeBron?

I call them "newb" ideas or better yet, people are lying that they were watching the Rockets during Yao's rookie year.

17. tinman

Supporting Member

I like when people claim to know about Dream and don't. I met the guy.
    And when I said "Akeem" that was his official name when he was drafted. So this idiot blop thinks I'm 'disrespecting' Dream?

Obviously a newb on this board. And I don't respect new comers who don't have anything good to say, only ones who do have something good to say.

You want me to STOP? hahaha . Hey, You AREN'T CLUTCH.

So newb,

let's get back on topic. People are saying that Charles doesn't saying anything nice about Yao for 7 years, yet I posted a clip in 2004 when he says "I LIKE YAO MING".

Goes to show you that people's assumptions here are not based on fact.

18. tinman

Supporting Member

Thanks Shaud,

I appreciate that you actually watch things and base your statements on facts not false assumptions.

You are one of the more legit new members.

19. moofs

moofs Member

Prodigious. His wrongness supercedes even Worrell's freethrow jinx (by a significant margin).

20. Shaud

Shaud Member

Thanks Tinman, and I have no clue why Charles gets criticized so much. Last year when he went down Charles was saying how much we needed him. So far Charles has been right about our Rockets, but yet everyone wants to criticize him for his opinion on us.

Without Charles TNT would not be as fun nor good to watch.