1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    WEST FINALS GAME 4 -- can the TWolves avoid being swept? Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

If Tmac is able to play right now and was asked who will win the NBA finals?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jaychi, Apr 21, 2009.

1. jaychi

jaychi Member

There has been a lot of discussion about it right now. i think someone should put a poll right now if what he said is disgraceful picking the Lakers to win it all.

My thoughts are if he was playing right now and was asked lets say after the Portland game. Would he have picked the Lakers? Probably not because he is probable hyped up winning that game. Let us say again : Before game 2, he was asked the same question. Would he have picked the Lakers? Probably not because he wants to do well in the game and he is not thinking of anything else but his team.

I am not sure what radio station (definitely not in Houston. I believe its Atlanta)he said the Lakers will win it all but he was probably insensitive and did not care about the Rockets. He was just thinking about his opinion and he forgot for a little while that he is a Rocket and he has connections there. Or? he believes no one gives a damn about his opinion even his teammates. Or? he does not think no one will hear his comments anyway.

Let us say again : This time as an injured player. In Game 2, He is on the bench cheering for his teammates and was asked the same question. What would he have said? Is he strong enough to say the Lakers on national TV? What's the point of cheering your own team if you think they would not win the whole thing? Why do you need to go to the playoffs if you think you can't win? Why not just forfeit your seedings in the playoffs because you think you can't win the whole thing?

I know some of the clutchfans members from what i have read that we should not make a big deal about it. Yeah, I can deal with that.Maybe he should be given the opportunity to defend his answers. I give him that. But for me, the way I heard his comments on the Carmichael show is final impression for me. He should have at least commented or defended his stand on the Rockets and not just comment on the Lakers and Cavs. If I had a chance to take Tracy Mcgrady in my team with that talent but with that kind of attitude, Never mind! I would have took Matt Bullard over him because of his love for the Rockets!!!

2. iku

iku Member

seriously man, f tmac
    who cares?

3. Simos05

Simos05 Member

Hey, who cares about T-Mac? We are in the playoffs, without homecourt, and are 1-0 with a blowout win over Portland. T-Mac isnt there, we all already know about his comments in Atlanta, 99.9999% of us hate him anyways. Whats the point in constantly whining and crying over what this obviously overpaid pre-madonna says? Can we please STOP with the T-Mac saga, screw him. Now lets cheer for OUR Rockets, and may they bring the title to Houston.

GO ROCKETS!!!!

4. Evil Empire

Evil Empire Member

We sooooo did not need another thread about this

5. zhaozhilong

zhaozhilong Member

Oh come on, there are much better things to do than being obsessed about what TMAC said.

6. jaychi

jaychi Member

Imagine if Coach Adelman was asked after a playoff win, who he thinks will win the NBA finals. Imagine the uproar if he said "Lakers, we're just here to compete until the 2nd round because we know we can't beat them".After that,Probably the spirits of the team will deflate and not even win one game.

I just think Tmac believes he will not be a Rocket anymore next season. He probably thinks he will be traded whether he likes it or not. Maybe that explains his answer.

Oh well! We'll just move on and support the Rockets! Go Rockets!

7. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

WORST THREAD EVER!

Man, he had MICROFRACTURE. He can't even walk.

8. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I hope to God that we get out of the first round, just so that TMac will be left wondering why HE can't get out of the first round.

If he was healthy and could play, I wouldn't want him playing on this team, and I don't think Adelman should let him.

9. rockets_fanatic

Why waste time b****ing about comments that most of us here think is most likey true anyway.

We blew out the Blazers once. Hell Yeah, we rock. How many times have we seen the Rockets start off strong just to falter?

10. Al Capone

Al Capone Member

What if the Rockets had Michael Jordan, Kareem, Wilt The Stilt, Hakeem, Gary Payton, Larry Bird and Magic Johnson all in their prime?

Who would win the finals then?

11. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I don't like to consider these 'what if' scenarios. I feel much more comfortable rooting for the guys we have to play on any given night. You play with what you have, just like Doc Rivers said after the Celtics' game one loss.

12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

exactly

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I think he and Ron would have continued to get in each other's way...and Tmac would have struggled for control of this team and the ball.

Right now, with Ron, he clearly defers to Yao (most of the time) and it is better for the team overall.

I said it before the season and it still fits now...Ron and Tmac do not fit.

DD

#13 DaDakota, Apr 21, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2009
  14. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

If Hakeem, Clyde, and Moses* came back in their primes, and brought along a fully clean and in his prime Original John Lucas, would we be favored to win the title?

*not Malone, the guy with the stick that performed miracles. He could totally hold down Kobe or LeBron.

15. D-Lite

D-Lite Contributing Member

He could also split the defense phenomenally

16. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I know he was just being honest, but his answer bothered me because it shows that mentally he doesn't really consider himself to be part of the team. It's clear to me that he hasn't been communicating with teammates or gotten emotionally invested in what the Rockets have been doing. That's a real disappointment, but I think sort of predictable. I said a couple months ago that I didn't think McGrady cared one way or the other what the Rockets do without him. If he shows up in Houston to support the team, I think it will be more about image than anything else.

17. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

We didn't need this thread. The opinions in the other one have been expressed one thousand fold.

We are playing the Blazers tonight; let's root for the team and stop hating each other because of an injured player.

18. Rasselas

Rasselas Contributing Member

I actually think it's a fair thing to gripe about. And if there wasn't a thread about this, I would have missed it. So I'm grateful for the OP.

True, if most of us were injected with truth serum, we would say that we think the Lakers will win the championship. Does that make us Lakers fans? Does that make us less loyal? No. It makes us non-crazy-people. Wanting your team to win is different from Believing your team will win. The first is a criteria for fandom; the second is not.

That being said... it really, really irks me that a current player on that team would publicly say -- while on their payroll -- that he thinks his team will not win the championship. That's bull.

As a thought experiment and for perspective... .Daryl Morey's a smart guy. Daryl Morey crunches odds. He knows that according to statistics, according to logic and reason, it's most probable that the Lakers will win the championship. I doubt he'd be saying, though, that he thinks the Lakers will win the championsip. He would probably say, "The odds might be against us, but our team is playing well, we've got a great bunch of guys, and anything can happen."

Agree with OP. I'm not normally a T-Mac basher and wish him the best in rehab, but this bothers me.

19. she'sdone

she'sdone Member

Poor T-Slack lover, does he have an operation in his brain? Just stop make excuse for this no-heart guy.

20. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Just because someone doesn't hate the guy for a grey-area comment doesn't mean they're a T-Slack lover. Why don't you spare us all the labels and give us intelligent reasons why you disagree?