1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Barkley actually gives props to Yao!?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jaingfang, Apr 20, 2009.

1. Jaingfang

Jaingfang Member

Watching inside the NBA I couldn't beleive my eyes and ears...Charles Barkley has complemented Yao Ming for the first time i have ever see. He said that Yao has great offensive moves and is very scary if he stays healthy, Kenny and EJ were all suprised when they heard it from him. Also Barkley actually said the Rockets were going to win the series against Portland, which also shocked me. And as they were going to commercial break playing that T-Mobile commercial with Yao, Kenny said "As a tribute to Yao" and Barkley said "Love Yao..."

I seriously am still in utter shock from that segment that i've heard due to all the dislike I heard from Barkley since Yao's rookie year.

2. ibm

ibm Member

skipped the inside show. chuck must've eaten the heads of the shrimps today.

3. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

Jail time can change a man.

2 people like this.
  4. CountyClerk

CountyClerk Member

This :D

5. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

That sucks! Charles' predictions are wrong most of the time. The team roots will lose the next game. There goes game 2.

6. YallMean

YallMean Member

I knew somebody was going to post that little brain fart of Barkley's about the Yao here. As much as I don't care about what he says negatively about the Rockets, I don't have the euphoria after I heard it on TV just now. Whatever.

7. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

I meant to say the team he roots for, usually loses.

8. drowsy11

drowsy11 Member

look what people dont realize, even alot of us rockets fan, is that yao is hands down the best low post player in the game. JVG said it early this season in one of the first national espn games and i rmr thinking, yao is awesome but is that really true? yes it is, and he is. dwight gets all the hype and rightfully so but yao deserves alot more hype as well. people pay way too much attention to his failures but when he busts those moves out its a beauty.

9. ydqkang

ydqkang Member

Jail time can change a man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Barkely is the type that give props to players that produce in the playoffs. Yao is finally stepping up big time.

11. rocketsqtc

rocketsqtc Member

eat da head!

12. rocketsqtc

rocketsqtc Member

Charles will call it as he sees it. He's still one of my all-time favorites. He's a man of his word, kissed that @$$ for Yao.

Speaks volumes about Yao, he's taken the high road everytime because cream rises to the top.

13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Gotta long way to go. One poor game and it will be back to square one.

14. TimRox

TimRox Member

go kiss the donkey ass.

15. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Barkley always says nice things about Yao. It's just 75% of the board selectively chooses what they hear from him. Or they are just liars who never even watch TNT inside the NBA.

16. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Hasn't Barkley been complimentary towards Yao for a while? Not so much the Rockets as a team, but I thought he's usually very nice when the topic turns to Yao.

17. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I saw that and Kenny and that other dude laughed at his change of heart, why:

1. Charles Barkley picked Portland to win this series and now he has Houston winning the series?

2. Charles has such HIGH praise of Yao in distinct contrast to saying he was a bust and the whole donkey-kissing incident way back when?

or both 1 and 2?

18. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

For a while yes. Don't forget that he said I hate Yao Ming because he is Chinese in an interview on one of the Houston radio stations just before the start of this season. You can probably search for it on the front page of the website.

19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No you DO CARE about what he says, that's why you and 99% of Clutchfans post everything he says.

I'll give you an example of not caring, I don't post on a bunch of threads in the GARM or even read them. Why? I don't care. If I did care, I would.

That's the whole irony of the "Barkley-haters".

1. They do care cause they seem to know everything he says about the Rockets
    2. They never knew him as a Rockets player and what he did for the team
    3. He's been right about the Rockets every year.

So the "Curse" of 1997 (not making to the 2nd round ever since Barkley) is justified for the ungracious Rocket fans who don't appreciate Rocket greats.

20. bloop

bloop Member

this is actually very bad news for Houston.

Barkley doesn't watch any of the games unless it has Kobe or Wade in it. This simply means that conventional wisdom after a 30 point blowout is that Houston will win... very dangerous to get complacent

If you watched the segment Barkley didn't actually give Yao genuine props. He said "if he could be healthy."

Now he's a dumbass because Yao played more minutes than any other center this year ergo HE HAS STAYED HEALTHY ALL YEAR so his qualification is lol but he didnt' say Yao was great... be said "if this" "if that" so semantically he said Yao was "this" short of being dominant/great/a star so basically Chuck was covering his ass. He was giving Yao props for a great game (which he didn't watch) but he also said "if he could stay healthy" so he could tell Jet and Ernie later that he didn't actually say Yao was kicking ass if he changes his mind