1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do You Think We Have a Chance to Beat the Lakers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Old Man Rock, Apr 20, 2009.

?

What are the Rockets Chances against the Lakers?

Poll closed May 10, 2009.
  1. Excellent Chance

38 vote(s)
    8.3%
  2. Good Chance

138 vote(s)
    30.1%
  3. Slim Chance

240 vote(s)
    52.4%
  4. No Chance

42 vote(s)
    9.2%
  1. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Okay I know we haven't taken care of Business with the Blazers yet and I don't want to jump the gun. But this Rocket team is not like others in the past. And unless there is some unforseen event I just don't see the Blazers capable of beating us 4 times in 6 games.

So then that takes me to the next question. Assuming the Lakers beat Jazz what are our chances against them. The media has written us off. They only talk of the Lakers in the finals against the Cavs. Even our very own TMac doesn't consider it a possibility. But somebody forgot to tell them we have to play the games first.

There is no question the Lakers are more talented. But in my mind the Rockets will work harder and longer and I think it is possible to out hustle them. And one thing is for certain if the Rockets have time to prepare for you watchout. So I think it is possible and I agree with JVG it will go down to game 7 and then anything is possible with hard work! How about you what do you think?

2. DcProWLer277

DcProWLer277 Rookie

We can't stop Kobe and Artest seems to just piss him off everytime we play them which makes it worst.

3. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

looking ahead much?

there is still potentially 6 games left to play against the blazers

stop trying to jinx the rockets

4. Grimm920

Grimm920 Member

I think we are fully capable of beating LA. We have 2 great back court defenders that can guard Kobe as best as anyone in the league. The only problem I see is at the PF position since thats where the height advantage over Scola will play a part.

As long as we play tough I honestly think we can take them in 6. Pray for no game 7 because that is a death sentence.

5. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Agreed.

6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

Historically, the team with the best low-post player is at a distinct advantage. Barring foul trouble or fatigue, and with some resolution to the fronting problem, Yao should be averaging 40 a night on any team - including Gasol/Bynum.

But as we've seen in past playoffs, the league seems to want the concept of dominating big men to remain in history.

7. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

hey let me create that Can We Beat The Cavs In The Finals thread...

8. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Really yes, but I think it boils down to how Brooks and Yao play. If Yao gets shut down, and AB starts turning it over like mad, we are screwed. Even if Ron drops 30 points on the lakes, and doesn't miss a shot, we still need those two to play well on both ends of the court. Part of the reason why we dominated the Blazers stemmed from the fact that neither Yao nor AB turned the ball over in the first half, and I think AB finished the game with like an 8/3 Assist/TO ratio. AB was flawless, dynamic, and above all efficient. Yao was much the same. Yao set the tone with an early block and Portland settled for the jump shot early. The lakers aren't that way. KB24 drives to the basket so often it'll make our heads spin, but as long as Yao has a presence down low and Shane locks down Kobe's we should be good. The key for us to beat any team is to force them to settle for the jump shot. The only way we can do that is be efficient on the offensive end, not get in foul trouble, and not turn over the ball. All those duties are reserved for Yao and AB. My fear is that AB won't match up right against Fisher and we'll be in trouble. Either that or Yao just gets in foul trouble. Mind you, we haven't beat the lakers ONCE this season, we are 0-4. A win is possible, but heavily against us.

9. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

Anything is possible, there would have to be many things that fall into our favour though. RonRon would have to play like a sidekick superstar and Yao would have to be able to destroy Bynum, plus our bench would have to outplay theirs, no easy task. But, unlike T-mcgreedy I wouldn't totally count out the Rockets.

10. Old Man Rock

Oh come on Yoyo there is no jinx in this team. They are who they are and they have no chokers. They leave it on the court. The only worries I have our if the refs take Yao out or Ron Ron goes nuts. Yes both of those things are possible but I am voting that don't happen and we make it to the next round convincingly. If we don't come back here and flame me. But mark my words this Rocket team will not cave in like Tmac teams of the past. There is no choke in Clutch!

11. yao123

yao123 Member

if kobe and some of his lucky shot stop going in at the last second of the game....we will beat them...the regular season game, we had a really tight score going down...its the man lucky shot that let them win. :mad:

12. Old Man Rock

Why start a new thread on that topic. There is no doubt about it! It is the Lakers that will be the tough task. If we can do that we will destroy those little boys in Cleveland and BronBron!

13. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Hold the freaking phone, man. Don't post idiotic threads like this when we've won ONE game in the first round. Hell, don't even post it when we've won THREE. We should be talking about the Rockets and Blazers in this forum until the first round is done.

14. houstonsnk

houstonsnk Member

ima slim if they got 7 games. They will be "beaten" up by the jazz. I just hope the rockets keep playing the way they do

15. Asian Sensation

Like to look ahead much? There is still a TON of basketball left to be played and the Blazers are not going quietly. It doesn't matter if we won by 30 points or 1. We've won one game out of 7. You should know better Old man.

16. Al Capone

Al Capone Member

You son of a b****.

17. Old Man Rock

If you want to talk about the Rockets and Blazers go do it. HELL If you want to jerkoff to internet p*rn go do it. But if you don't like this thread than DON'T READ IT STUPID!... Did your mama not teach you how to turn off the computer.

This thread is clearly a response to Tmac's lack of faith in his own team and to poll the community to see how thy felt. And anyone who can't see that is an idiot!

18. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

:D Internet...ITS SERIOUS BIDNEZZZ :eek:

sooooo...who wants to start that thread on when the Parade will be?

19. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

This is a bad thread for a lot of reasons. Looking ahead for a Rockets fan is just stupid. It's really just another thread to whine about Tracy McGrady. He's done. Who cares what he thinks? I bet the Rockets don't.

20. smartfish

smartfish Member

This thread should be locked.

We haven't won the series yet.