1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

AB Appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DreaMac, Apr 19, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Shaud

Shaud Member

Umm it is not Ironic or bandwagoning considering his sig is a quote from Von Wafer in the preseason when he was praising Aaron Brooks by saying "Aaron Brooks is a problem".

So you can cut all that rolling of the eyes out.

2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

lol. I had to do the same thing the other day.... way to go "fans"...

3. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

AB is just a killer against the Blazers, I hope he can keep up what he did in game 1. I don't expect him to shoot this well for the whole series, but if he can score around 15-18 ppg.. That's a great mark and that should really help us win that PG spot. Most important is that he has confidence now, this will just make him better in the late game situations. Thanks AB!!!!

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

When AB is aggressive he can be Tony Parker like....that is the AB we need.

He is only in his 2nd year and only half as a starter...now you guys see why he is starting over Lowry.

DD

5. Im Just Sayin

Im Just Sayin Member

He was fantastic!

6. kikimama

kikimama Member

I appreciate Aaron Brooks. :confused:

7. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

Believe it or not, I still wouldn't make him a starting PG. Notice, his points comes most after Yao goes out and he had the full freedom to attach. At some point in 3rd though, RA had to put in Lowry as point and AB to 2 guard to steady the point guard play.

Also, Props to Alderman. He was coaching last night. He pulled AB and Yao aside to talk to them when offensive sets were out of sync.

8. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Um, Brooks had 15 points before Yao went out with his 4th foul. He had 13 at halftime, and hit a short jumper early on in the 3rd. He also hit a 3 very late in the 3rd after Artest/Scola ran a PnR and ABs man came to cover Scola. Thats 18 pts that were not directly related to him attacking due to Yao being out.

He then hit 3 3pointers in the 4th quarter. Doesnt sound like he was attacking, just doing a Steve Nash impersonation off a PNR or crossover dribble.

9. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

I'm more impressed with Brooks' intensity and defense last night. He played very good defense on Steve Blake.

10. SeeingRocketRed

I loved Brooks' game (though more passing from him and motion offense from the rest of the team were needed at a few points), but don't lose track of the fact that Artest quietly played exactly the way we wanted him to - with poise.

Artest had 17 points within our offensive structure, played good defense, passed the ball around, and only took about one bad shot the whole game (and immediately took the blame for it).

Give the man his props, because he can help this team a lot, and his contributions were crucial in Game 1.

11. ebu

ebu Member

Isn't the focus of the offense YAO so u wouldn't expect him to score much when Yao is out there unless Yao is creating open shots for him....

the good thing is when Yao was out, he kept attacking and scoring which is what we need him to do

12. BucMan55

I put this in the main postgame thread, but figured AB was taking a lot of heat for ignoring Yao in the 3rd so here we go:

It should be noted that ABs turnovers from overdribbling did not come until Yao was out of the game.

13. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Doesn't his sig say "Aaron Brooks is THE problem".

I could be mistaken, but I thought that was what it said...

14. fffffffaint

fffffffaint Member

I don't mind if he keeps his hand hot like this. But obviously he could not. So pls....try to be a good PG: Pass the ball the first time!

15. Shaud

Shaud Member

The Op sig says "Aaron Brooks is A Problem"

16. #1YAODADDY

#1YAODADDY Member

I am tired of you guys that want AB to pass first. He is in there to make open shots when yao is double. That will give yao space to operate. Rafer wasnt able to hit those open 3's thats why we traded him.

17. MaxwellsTemper

Is that why he's in there? I thought he was in there to play PG.

18. #1YAODADDY

#1YAODADDY Member

So would you rather have lowry in there and shoot those open 3's cause they will leave him open all day like they did when we had rafer. until lowry can hit those 3's i would rather have ab to shoot the 3 ball.

19. BucMan55

Clearly you dont watch the games or listen to what Adelman says about his offense. His offense doesnt require a PG to set up his teammates like other offenses. His offense is about movement and having guys in spots that can hit shots. He is in there to bring the ball up the floor and get the play going. That usually means giving the ball to Battier or Artest so they can attempt to get it to Yao, or running a PnR with Scola to get the offense running that way.

20. Super Von

Super Von Member

He played great. Gotta do it 3 more times.