1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

AB Appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DreaMac, Apr 19, 2009.

Tags:
  1. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

I knew he would step it up in the playoffs. This guys has played alot in this kind of atmosphere/intensity. He is used to hitting big shots. I said this morning in the other thread that if you give him the green light he will light it up.

Great game by AB.

2. kwng

kwng Member

He needs all his confidence!

3. dmc89

dmc89 Member

proud of AB, please keep it up!

4. leonking

leonking Rookie

He should have 30 shots a game. Give him a 100M contract before he leave, Morey

5. Gene the PIG

Gene the PIG Member

He was fantastic.

6. landryfans

landryfans Member

AB shooting well, but he did not pass to Yao well at 3rd quarter, :mad:

NO appreciation yet!

7. tonyrock

tonyrock Rookie

What the hell are you talking about?

With AB's dribbling, Rockets can't score in the first 3-5mins of 3rd quater.

We were lucky that Ron step up and The opponent is a young team like Blazers.

If it is another team like spurs, you will see a pathetic collapse again.

Anyway.AB did a great job in the first half.

8. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Aaron shot well tonight, but he didn't do a good job of passing especially to yao.

9. fleshbody

fleshbody Member

I appreciate his half-time buzzer-beater and those brutal, seal-the-deal treys in 3rd/4th quarter. His decision making aslo improved after several stupid turnovers and props also go to Rick Adelman for squeeze AB for some cool down lecture.
    Generally, I love what he did in this game, but he needs to keep it up. Remember, playoff is not about ONE game. ;)

10. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

Man you just cant please anyone. THE GUY HAD 7 ASSISTS. 27 POINT (ON 10/17). And you guys are still complaining that he didnt pass the ball? Yes he dribble alot on a couple of plays but he had to because there was no movement at all. How can you not be happy with this performance?

Turrible.

11. HoustonN06

HoustonN06 Member

Awesome playoff game for him.

12. Birdrocket

Birdrocket Member

thank god, he finally learns how to assist.

13. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

"We will mis Rafer come playoff time" rofl

14. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

Yeah I think Adelman did an excellent job of keeping both AB and Ron in check. Anytime they made a bad decision, he would pull them to the side and talk to them. He made sure we didnt loose control and got exactly what we wanted. Great coaching job.

15. Birdrocket

Birdrocket Member

thank god, he finally learns how to assist.

16. tonyrock

tonyrock Rookie

Come on ,one game win doesn't mean you win the series and the champion! Brooks did a great job in the first half! But Please do not put this thread too early!

How can you be satisfied so easily to a team has a heart to win the series and champion? I wounder would you put a thread like AB is the MVP of the league after we win the series.

If the Rockets can't win the series with Blazers , it would be a big joke in the NBA again.

So, Please calm down! Rockets still needs to improve,so is AB

17. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

A very good game by Brooks but by no means perfect. The coach kept him in check.

Yes, in the 3rd there were some disturbing plays and lack of offense. Yao stopped getting the ball again. I was sincerely afraid the Blazers would close the gap just like the Mavs did. However Artest made two very important midrange jumpers and we never looked back from there. Yao didn't have to come on the court again.

How the Rockets execute in a close 4th quarter game has yet to be seen, though. So I wouldn't say this series is a sure sweep. The Blazers were a young and nervous team tonight but they WILL bounce back from this performance and there WILL be some tightly contested games.

18. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

honestly, i think it was a blessing in disguise when Yao picked up his 4th foul and got benched. he was being useless on offense because of Portland's fronting. you bring in Mutombo and now your defense and rebounding is much improved.

19. littlefish_220

That is total BS. Yao defends quite well today. I appreciate all efforts of Deke, but he can't defend one on one against Oden.

Plus, there is no hard fronting at all for quarter 3. AB just forgets to pass to Yao.

20. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

My first post clearly says GREAT GAME BY AB. I didnt say AB is KOBE. Read before you post. Give credit where its due, thats what I have learned. If the guy had a good game, give him his props. We all go crazy with the criticism if he has a bad game, then why not appreciate a solid performance. Geez :rolleyes: