1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Brooks actually a good 3PT shooter?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BrooksBall, Apr 17, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Maybe. You need to remember J-Kidd, Magic, I.T.

But certainly top 5.

I think Magic is still the best.

2. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

i don't know how to link the chart but if there was a way to combine lowry and brooks charts we would have a bad ass point guard.

3. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

I dont think Brooks and Artest should play at the same time.

4. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No doubt Magic is hands down the best overall. (Not even close imo)
    Second best player of all time I believe.

You "could" make an argument that Nash is a better offensive player though.
    (Let us not get into that argument)

#24 RudyTBag, Apr 17, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2009
  5. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Aaron Brooks can shoot but he can't finish around the rim and doesn't really have vision...makes panicky decisions with the ball...given his current abilities he should really be a scoring guard off the bench not the starting PG. The one praise I will heap on him is that he's a very good shooter in the clutch and I think if anyone were to be chucking up long prayers down the stretch, it should be AB not Artest.

6. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

Oscar Robertson.

7. Obito

Yep.

I also think Oscar Robertson is VERY underrated. He was LITERALLY a walking T.D.

Love nash's game though.

8. Obito

LOL I justed posted it 2 secs after you did.

9. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

Brooks is a poor shooter with overall FG% ~.405 but his 3p% is on average ~.365.

10. BrooksBall

I didn't see him play much but he's one of my favorite players of all-time. I've read a lot of stories about him and heard anecdotal evidence. He was stuck in a bad organization until late in his career so he didn't win as many awards and championships as he might have under different circumstances. The Royals were a joke.

11. redao

redao Member

Brooks needs to shoot more. the starting job slowed him down too much.

12. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

I dont even understand why fanz here call him a good shooter or scorer. Are you guys smoking something?

13. Obito

They were. I didn't see him play at all but from the highlight and stories. I'd say he was the most versatile player ever, even better than MJ, Kobe and magic. He did win a championship with the bucks in the 70-71 season It's too bad ity wasn't celebrated because of the racist issues.

Oscar Robertson and Abdul Jabbar should be considered one of the best duo's to ever play the game.

14. BrooksBall

O was in the twilight of his career when he won with Kareem but he was still crucial to their success. The racism back then was a major issue, even within the league, including front offices.

15. Obito

He's a very humble guy too. All the suffering he had to through during that period and he's a class act.

1 person likes this.
  16. BrooksBall

Absolutely.

In addition to the praise O got for his basketball abilities, everybody he ever came across talked about his humility and good nature. It's even more impressive that he was like that considering the nature of his environment.

17. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

He's a good shooter the only problem is he thinks too much on some of his shots and gets a conscious. Great shooters have short memory his is too long.

18. blk5g

blk5g Member

bcuz he is fighting with his incstincts. he is a sg turned pg we all know that, he is trying to do the right thing in this system and it is hurting him i think. sometimes when he shoots you know its going in and most of the time it does ( when he does not hesitate and just playes ). remember against nash and the suns when he was going back at nash. he didnt see any other rocket uniform outthere he just played 1 on 5 and he won the game for us we need that brooks in the playoffs

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I just want him to attack more, screw waiting on the rest of the team, play your game and force them to catch up.

DD

20. Hmm

Hmm Member

and get blocked by the backboard in the late minutes of a crucial 4th quarter..