1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How many of you really miss Tracy McGrady?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ItsMyFault, Mar 3, 2009.

?

Do you miss watching T-Mac? (the healthy one of course)

1. Yes

835 vote(s)
    51.5%
  2. No

786 vote(s)
    48.5%
  1. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Jamal Mashburn just mentioned on Espn the Rockets need Tmac to finish games. They need a go to guy since Yao just aint gonna get it done. Artest can make shots but he just doesn't have the offensive skillset.

2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yup....

That is why our team is so impressive.

We are getting zero production from a max contract.

3. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Even if you get another max contract player it aint gonna cut if your "Best center in the league" gets neutralized so easily.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Any center can be nuetralized, it is up to the other players to take advantage.

The new rules allow for double teaming before the ball gets there......any center....would be nullified by what Yao gets...

DD

5. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

I agree with that, that's why I don't know what direction this team is going in. We still have Artest, but there are too many questions with him and closing games. Yao can be limited, you need that take over wing player. The closest thing we have to Mac right now is Wafer. I think he outta be in there at the end of games, he should at least get a chance, I mean we don't have much else.

6. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I'm sorry, but that statement just isn't true.

7. Artesticles

Artesticles Member

Shaq in his prime disagrees with that statement.

8. illwil29

illwil29 Member

Any center can be neutralized, but a superstar is suppose to leave his footprints all over the game. Wheter it's passing, rebounding, defending, or scoring. Yao has to find ways to impact the game no matter what. Not be foul proned and classified as just a center.

9. illwil29

illwil29 Member

You are right. I miss T Mac he is the closer that would finish games if he were healthy this year. I hate to see so many people turn their back on Tracy and stab him in the back. During the 22 game win streak they were shouting MVP. Then this year they are yelling trade him and this team is better without him. Everbody must be a Richard Justice and Fran Blinebury followers. Those two guys are part of a cult of controversy. That's why I could not be an athlete in Houston and get stabbed in the back. You guys are hippocrits.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I 100% agree, when they are fronting he should be KILLING them on the offensive glass......Yao gets his head down far too often.

Playing hard all the time is still something he struggles with if he is not getting his touches...he gives up too easy.

As for the thread topic, I only miss the aggressive attacking or driving Tmac...not the jump shooting one.....so I guess I only miss 33% of him.

:D

Shaq in his prime played in the no double team rules.....take a look around the NBA is any Center dominating anymore or is it all wing play or jumpers?

There is a reason...the post game is almost dead, and it is because of the new rules...if you can put a guy in front and in back......it forces someone else on the perimeter to be wide open.

Ouch, how can I argue with such a strong well reasoned argument like that?

:D

DD

#310 DaDakota, Apr 17, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2009
  11. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Reminds me of what Memet Okur said about Yao after the playoffs. Something to the extent of him being one dimensional and easy to predict. His physical limitations makes him vunerable to pressure often. When teammates are able to pass the ball to Yao, he usually just passes it back if he's pressured thus wasting a lot of shot clock time and causing rushed shots. I think Yao just needs to play physical and attack the basket quicker like Shaq in his prime and try to draw fouls.

12. dadesokan

dadesokan Contributing Member

If we had TMac,we would not even be playing Portlan in round 1.

His ability to attack the basket would easily neutralize this fronting issue that so easily eliminates Yao. With TMAC we sweep the blazers.

Now the roxs have to find a way to get Yao the ball deep. We have to be really physical in this series to win. Its the only way.

13. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

Listen, the T-Mac from last year was not exactly healthy, but if we had that T-Mac, we would be right their with LA in dominating the west. The Rockets just can't catch a break.

But if you think about it, you have to wonder if whether or not it's even possible for T-Mac to share the spot light.

When Yao went down, T-Mac played inspirational basketball. He wanted all the credit so he put in the effort. Some may think that that's extremely stupid to say, but I wouldn't doubt it if T-Mac woke up every morning (during the streak) to read headlines:

"T-Mac leads rockets to 15 wins"
    "Sweet 16"

And so on.

I do miss T-Mac, though. But I don't think his best place (in terms of production) will be with the Rockets. I hope he comes to my local Kings and helps the franchise sell some tickets.

Even then, I believe that T-Mac is motivated when eyes are on him, and only him.

14. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

We certainly miss a healthy TMac a great deal.

Duh!

TMac is a very good defender, distributor, when he is very healthy he can flat get any shot he wants and when he is in rhythm he can dominate from outside or driving the lane.

TMac if healthy puts us up there with the Lakers.

Problem with TMac is when he is hurt regardless of how severe it really affects him mentally and hurts his effectiveness.

You could see him really struggle just trying to overcome the mental part of his first surgery much less the pain in his knee.

Some players can be effective with some pain, not TMac.

The Rockets REALLY miss the healthy TMac - very much

15. Chiron

Chiron Member

I did A hypothetical trade:

TMac for Lebrons Left Testicle...at this stage in his Career Lebrons Left Testicle has more Up side than TMac...sorry its true. I was going to do a trade for the right but it would put us over the cap.

16. she'sdone

she'sdone Member

No more T-Slack please.

17. StevieCrossover

i had a dream about tracy mc grady. We were playing the Maverics in the play-offs and he was back from his microfractur surgery. I was surprised. He showed passion and got tangled with many of the maverics players. But it was all a dream.

18. FR0497

FR0497 Member

Agree 100%. A question similar to this should have been asked during The Streak last season. Something along the lines of "Would you miss T-Mac if he went down?" I guarantee the poll results would be a lot different. Shows the true bandwagon fans.

19. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I've got some fool's gold for sale. How much should I write you down for?

20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I miss the 2nd round of the playoffs, the WCF, and the NBA Finals.

I like the streak of 2 straight NBA Championships

I like when our highest paid player doesn't talk to Stephen A Smith when he's hurt.

I like when our highest paid player wins the MVP, Defensive player of the year, and MVP of the NBA Finals in the same year

I like when they refer to our best player they think of the Rockets not Orlando