1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Rockets 93, Magic 83

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 7, 2009.

Tags:
  1. IndonesiaFans

IndonesiaFans Member

It's a solid win and showing we are getting better and prepare for the playoff.. We must pass the first round this season!

2. kalmanfilter

kalmanfilter Rookie

Cool!!

3. Zfan

Zfan Member

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

WTF that combination of elbow and knee is textbook style.

4. Red Chocolate

Red Chocolate Member

^^^^

flagrant foul on yao amirite?

5. lewzhy

lewzhy Member

:eek: Bromantic[​IMG][/IMG]

6. cst_chenchen

cst_chenchen Member

Great win. and happy to see Carl came back

7. lightyear82

lightyear82 Member

win, pleasant win
    just enjoy the win, merely, cuz even if this team can reach the westen final, the lakers will definitely frustrate them badly.
    the final title dream is only a dream, the reality is that we, as fans, have such precious wins to celebrate. so just cherish them, indeed.

8. pacmania

pacmania Member

Just an observation. Did you guys see the play when Yao was being fronted and the Rockets spread out the floor. I think this is the best way to play the fronting defense. All the offensive players are outside the three point area as Yao was being fronted on the left side. Im not sure about the exact players on the floor in that play, i think it was battier, Artest, and Scola outside. Kyle Lowry likewise ran outside the three point line on the right side opposite to Yao.

With this offensive formation, the basket looked so exposed , so that the only way the magic could stop it was with their PG ( the one guarding lowry on the opposite side hedging in case of a lob pass) this left lowry wide open in the corner for a three.

The Rockets exploited this play perfectly, as the player holding the ball for an overhead lob pass to Yao faked the lob pass and instead sent a cross court pass to lowry who drained the three.

I think the best way to exploit the fronting defense is to spread the floor with all players outside the three point line. That way , the basket seems so exposed for a lob pass and Yao can move near or under the basket in this setup . At the same time if we swing the ball around, the defense has to scramble all the way to the three point line, leaving them vulnerable for a drive.

And I think the lob passes being thrown to Yao should have more arc or the trajectory is lacking in the vertical aspect. the passes being thrown should be more vertical so when Yao catches it he doesn't have to bring the ball down in case he gets doubled and he can execute an overhead pass to other players outside without bringing the ball down where smaller players can swipe it.

9. Johlia

Johlia Member

nice idea lol...

10. Johlia

Johlia Member

yes we had pretty damn good second unit I agree with that, it s almost strong as spurs, but compare with lakers and jazz, it became the reason that why we choked

11. ssk256

ssk256 Member

Seriously, other houston fans are so unappreciative.

12. vci_guy2003

vci_guy2003 Member

thas funny..i tHOUGHT i heard clyde saying it like that..maybe he's mocking his name hah

13. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

That was an impressive game. Dwight just doesn't play well against big, strong guys because they make it tougher for him to catch the ball around the basket and get offensive rebounds.

Big win and Wafer is still on fire. Keep it up.

14. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Member

Nice win over one of the top Eastern squads. When I read that Landry already came back I was surprised but I'm glad he is back and feeling good enough to play. Let's go Rockets!

15. kaiziW

kaiziW Member

Good win 4 ;) more

16. kaninthy

kaninthy Member

GOOD WIN!! LETS FINISH THE SEASON 4-0

17. nomad_balla

nomad_balla Member

artest is annoying. we know he can play D. basically holding rockets ransom with his good defense because we have to put up with his horrific shot selection. can u imagine how good we'd be if artest will just fall inline. he wants the damn huge contract.

18. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Member

I missed this 50th win due to a power outage in my neighborhood! Bah!

19. ralphabetsoup

ralphabetsoup Member

Not a surprising win.

We still know we can beat any team in the league except the Lakers.

Orlando fans say they don't want to see us should they make the Finals. They would prefer the Lakers, whom they have beat twice. Other fans say they are glad they only have to play us twice a year, cause they don't match up well with us.

http://www.topix.net/forum/source/orlando-sentinel/TUELP2T0II2AGI9TV

20. oschadha

oschadha Member

WTF that combination of elbow and knee is textbook style.[/QUOTE]

Beautiful, simply beautiful.