1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Lakers 93, Rockets 81

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 4, 2009.

1. Chamillionaire

plus we just don't match up with them, they have their best 3 players playing well, and their role players and the bench always play well. while we have brooks and lowry... you get the point. no pun intended.

2. real_egal

real_egal Member

I will say this again and again. Yao and Scola can be very effective, but they need to play in a disciplined system and with guys stay in the system. They are not freelancing players. You consider that their weakness or not, that's how and what they are. You either trade them to get someone fit your current system or players better, or have a system in place and MAKE other players stay in the system.

Everyone wants a DW or CP, but we don't have to have that. Even a Eric Snow type of player should be able to utilize both Yao and Scola better, for he's disciplined and stays within the system. When guys on your team have the ball for most of the time, are all freelancing shooting first second and third players. No matter how talented or great they are, Yao and Scola will not be utilized effectively. It's just a waste. We don't lack talent, not Lakers kind of talent, but we definitely have 2nd round playoff talent. But if you don't use that limited talent effectively, it's going to be ugly.

I am not going to blame Yao for not forcing AB to pass, or Ron stop shooting; I won't blame AB or Ron or Von to ignore or waive off Yao, they are what they are. I don't want to blame RA for being a freelancing no system coach. But, do they mix well? It's not about whose fault it is, but rather what to do about it.

3. connoisseur

connoisseur Member

Chauncey Billups used to be the most appropriate orchestrator we could get. But Daryl missed that splendid opportunity.

4. fuzzy88

fuzzy88 Member

Yeah, and Rick kept Yao in against Mbenga. That was so plain stupid it is not even funny. Mbenga can easily be defended by Scola or Hayes, and Yao needed to rest (he was holding his shorts most of the 3rd and 4th quarter).

Aaarrggghhhhh!!

5. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

the game was close pretty much the entire time.

then Kobe iced us with 2 three pointers.

I know some people are going to blame Yao and Ron. Yao looked tired and Ron actually had a decent game. So what if he misses some 3s.

The point guard play was better on their end.

Also, they just have a size advantage on us.
    This is better than the way we got destroyed at the beginning of the year with our 'big 3'.

6. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Thanks God I didn't watch it because the score doesn't look good at all.

Once again, bench completly failed us and Aaron was nothing. We had only four players really playing. I know Lakers shoot 39% but we still lost.

It just looks worse and worse. Right now we are 5th but remember our schedule really doesn't look all that better. We play Blazers than Magic. We better win those games if we wanna have HCA.

Right now I don't see us beating a good West team in the playoffs. Maybe Hornets, mayube Blazers or Nuggets. But Lakers, Utah, SA - NO WAY.

7. chasingu

chasingu Member

poor free throw! we would have a better chance to beat them if we got more points at the line.

8. Power

Power Member

miss jvg :(

9. ibm

ibm Member

yeah, better than the first meeting in lala land. but we lost 'cause we didn't execute tonight late in the game - same ol' crap that has been like forever.

the lakers were kinda toying with us, at least kobe was. he only took like 10 shots. we obviously needed a win in a much worse way than they did. keeping it close for 3 qtrs is not a good reason to NOT feel worried and pissed.

10. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

We were not winning that many games against top teams under JVG, that was a problem. But at least we knew what to do and we used to blow out weak opponents.

11. xRocketsfanx

xRocketsfanx Member

i didnt get to catch this game but i wasnt surprised to see that houston lost jus cuz i think they choke againist good teams but good news is we've slid from 2 in the west to 5 in the west with no homecourt! games like this make me believe they will barely get out of the first round but not past the second

12. RocketsBearFan

Actually, no. The only 2 rockets guards who couldn't make entry passes was Sura and Brooks. Sura made up for it because he was a team player while Brooks is a mentally challenged midget that looks to get his no matter what. Jon Barry, Battier, Alston, Tmac, RonRon, Brent Barry, Juwan Howard, etc ...they ALL could or can make a decent entry pass. So who's the problem again?

13. choujie

choujie Member

The real problem is Yao still didn't see the ball defending by Mbenga.

14. choujie

choujie Member

“From the first minutes of the game up until the last minutes we didn’t run our plays,” Yao said. “We keep saying that from the first games of the season till now and we have two weeks left until the playoffs. We’ll see if we execute.”

Who's fault was that?

15. larsv8

larsv8 Member

You people are always looking to place blame on someone. Somedays you just get out played. In the game thread someone literally posted that we should rebuild from scratch 6 minutes into the game. It was a game versus the Lakers on the road, did you expect a blowout win?

16. ibm

ibm Member

i expected them to learn from the painful loss fresh out of phoenix just 2 days ago and improve, which they didn't. not at all.

maybe my expectations were way too high?

17. Strato

Strato Member

we are what we are.... and we cant do a dam thing about it

18. Strato

Strato Member

also the team looks way undisiplined to me..thats jumps out at me :(

19. vizier

vizier Member

yao said we simply can't not execute the game play right now, every damn we will have anywhere between 13 to 20 broken plays.

20. connoisseur

connoisseur Member

Yea, agreed.