1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Playoff tickets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by NateNate, Mar 31, 2009.

Tags:
  1. NateNate

NateNate Member

It is my main goal and dream to be able to make it to a playoff game. I dont care where i seat, i just want to be in the building. Anyone know when they go on sale? Also how difficult is it to get your hands on some and how is the best way to get some? I wanna go BAD!

2. theogcasey

theogcasey Contributing Member

Two years ago I got mine at a Toyota Center machine at Randall's. Very simple.

Last year I got mine online through the Toyota Center site. Also very easy.

This year I was able to get pre-sale seats for the entire first round at an amazing price. Absolute easiest way if you are a plan holder.

A lot of people also line up at the TC box office but I imagine that could be a nightmare in many ways. Stick to online or Randall's if at all possible.

3. Marcus Bryant

Marcus Bryant Member

ask your mom to give you some cash and buy a ticket with the cash. :D

4. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

easy. sign up for rockets insider and you'll get a link in your email. or just keep looking here. im sure somebody will post the link

5. RocketBlood

RocketBlood Contributing Member

That's exactly what I did. Go to HoustonRockets.com and sing up for Rockets Insider.. They will send you and e-mail to purchase tickets for the playoffs before being released to the public ;)

6. AAAproduction1

Thanks alot. you jst jinxed us. JK

7. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

1. z-LA Lakers --
    2. x-San Antonio 10.0
    3. * Denver 10.5
    4. x-Houston 10.5

x-Clinched Playoff Spot

8. Rocketsmith

Rocketsmith Member

I'm a partial season ticket holder and they have already offered us tickets for the first round. We could only get tickets in our price range or lower and we had up until today to buy them. Tickets will only be sent through flash seats, so I'm sure they will have some for sale in a few days. For the next rounds, they will only allow us to get tickets on a special pre-sale.

9. NateNate

NateNate Member

im good to go

10. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

last year i was at the bus 2 and a scalper came up to me and offered me a ticket for 20 dollars, not the most secure way to get in the building as you can never know the price or the availability, but worst case scenario there ya go

11. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

since it looks like i'll be going i have never had an issue in the past getting tickets.

either through the pre-sale, regular sale or the CF groups and all

1 person likes this.
  12. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

you have one loss on your record now right?

either way it's still good luck having you around.

13. The_Yoyo

sigh yeah i do unfortunately I had a pretty good unbeaten streak while it lasted, 18 wins but i think I would have bought 200 lotto tickets had we won both games last year with the squad we had going up against utah (no rafer, no yao, injured battier, injured mcgrady)

it should be fun this year though regardless of who we play...i would prefer a team other than the jazz (outside of the obvious matchup issues) because i think it would be really fun to see a different team in the first round this year.

14. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

So that's y u sent me that email.... :p

15. djohn2oo8

djohn2oo8 Member

how much do playoff tickets usually cost?

16. JLEW1818

JLEW1818 Member

I just looked at the rockets site, to see how much. The minimum for 2 tickets is like $572 bucks..... Looks like I'll be watching on TV.

17. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

i got lucky and bought 2 tickets the playoffs for 175 from ebay. third row upper level.

18. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

Hmm. Us season ticket holders don't even have our playoff tickets. That's interesting.

19. The_Yoyo

i doubt the price of a ticket is 286 each for the uppers and all. the last time i paid like 30 bucks for an upper level ticket for the playoffs.

also playoff tickets are not on sale yet even to season ticket holders so i have no idea how you paid 175 for 2 and even at that price it sounds like you got ripped off.

after the rockets made a promo to not raise and in fact reduce some season ticket prices in light of the economic situation i doubt they would jack up their prices 9 fold for upper level tickets (case of the tickets costing 286 minimum) thats even higher than tickets in the upper level here in LA for laker first round playoff games

20. djohn2oo8

djohn2oo8 Member

go to coasttocoasttickets.com and you can place an order for the tickets, and they will be printed out and shipped the week of the playoffs