1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Final Season Standings

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Big MAK, Mar 29, 2009.

1. Marcus Bryant

Marcus Bryant Member

I really don't understand what kind of stupidity makes you deprecate Aaron that bad, Aaron is the best PG our team has got since SF left houston IMHO.

It's undeniable that Aaron is undersized and soft, and he's also not pretty good at defense due to that. btw how many PGs can you find that can play D and O both that well? Deron Williams and CP are better than Aaron, Rondo and TP may also be a little better than him, Billups may also take a place over Aaron... then whom else can you think of that plays better than Aaron does? Rafer Alston or Derek Fisher? Jameer Nelson is just at the same level as Aaron at most, but he is already done for this season, that's why the Magic robbed the grizzlies and forced them to trade Lowry to houston in order to get the Magic Rafer Alston who is not even half as good as Aaron.

I really don't care too much about which spot we're gonna stand at when the season ends, keeping healthy is more important than the season standing IMHO. any positon is OK only if we can avoid the Jazz.

2. BruceHR

BruceHR Member

True.

Perfect opponent would be Hornets and Blazers

3. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

Last night I wanted to start a thread with predictions of every team ending record, so I took a glance at every team games left. Looking at the schedule I think we will win 53. This is how I see the seedings

(1)LA 66wins vs (8)Dallas 49 wins
    (4)Hou 53wins vs (5)Portland 53wins

(2)SA 56wins vs (7)NO 50wins
    (3)Den 54wins vs (6)Uta 52wins

Posted Yesterday in another thread

4. Marcus Bryant

Marcus Bryant Member

I would like the rockets to take the nuggets, either yao or melo will finish his second round virginity if these two teams face the the first round. :D

5. Steve_Francis_rules

And that's why we've moved up in the standings since he became the starter, right? :rolleyes:

6. BruceHR

BruceHR Member

Denver's high altitude is not a good factor. Especially for Yao, he is a big man, he is easier to get tired than other. Even regular season we leads 3-1.

When we face Hornets, we need to limit Chris Paul, limit his ball-passing. Maybe this is a challenge for AB and Lowry. Also dont forget we have better defence when we face Hornets..

7. davidghall

davidghall Member

I predict...

LA 66-16
    SA 56-26
    Den 54-28
    Hou 53-29
    Port 53-29
    NO 51-31
    Dal 50-32
    Utah 49-33

8. auddj

auddj Member

i understand why you dont want to face them, but i believe that by facing them and beating the dog mess out of them is going to give this team such a confidence boost that even kobe couldn't stop...

9. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

i feel like your right. but it at least better be in the second round :mad:

10. ncagg42

ncagg42 Member

I love how in all of yalls projections you have us matched up against the blazers in round one...

You realistically believe that? Or wishful thinking haha

11. Super Von

Super Von Member

It doesnt matter if we finish ahead of the Nuggets, they win their division so they get the 3rd spot already.

Pretty safe to say were not gonna overtake the Spurs. Which means well most likely be 4-6.

6th is fine we'd play the Nuggets. 4th or 5th right now looks like wed play Portland. But those 2 spots change everyday.

12. Emma

Emma Member

Teams of Rockets' bit**es: Portland, Nuggets

Teams who's conquerable but a little tougher: Hornets, Mavs

Teams the Rockets need to play big luck to get through: Spurs

Teams that would give Rockets an early summer vacation: Lakers, Jazz

13. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

The crystal ball shows me this standing:

1. Fakers
    2. Spurms
    3. ROCKETS
    4. McNuggets
    5. Bees
    6. Jail Blazers
    7. Jass
    8. Ponies

14. Malcolm

Malcolm Member

I was about to ask where are the homer picks

15. Malcolm

Malcolm Member

I was staring 4 like 5 minute tryna figure out who where the bees good stuff playa lol

16. Marcus Bryant

Marcus Bryant Member

he even thought the Jazz would wipe out lakers. LMAO :D