1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How the West could could end up for playoffs

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ebu, Mar 28, 2009.

1. ebu

ebu Member

I was thinking it could turn out like this too

I can see the Nuggets taking the third seed from us cuz they have an easier schedule...the rockets should be solid for 4th

For those that don't want to play the jazz...u get your wish, cuz the jazz do have a brutal schedule and Dallas should pass them and Utah would end up 8th...The Hornets and Blazers could switch but i see this looking like how it will look, so looks like were VERY LIKELY to play the Hornets or Blazers...
    sounds really good huh? :D

This was an article on dreamshake....
    http://www.thedreamshake.com/2009/3/27/812317/western-conference-project

1 person likes this.
  2. KareemOlajuwon

I was just thinking the same thing last night. Unless the Rox can really step up and win as many games as the Nuggets despite a tougher schedule, we're going to have the 4th spot.

I can't believe Dallas let melo penetrate so much and score the final basket which gave them the lead for the game yesterday.

3. MiracleShot

MiracleShot Member

Yeah the rockets really need to just out-beat the nuggets despite the remaining schedule. However, if the 4th spot means home court adv against either blazers or hornets i would take that anyday. The thing is it also depends on how the blazers and hornets do because if the hornets were to stay in 6th i think we should try and fight for 3rd. When we play the hornets it is very interesting, we match up well and the NOLA refs arent like the Salt Lake City refs.

Also, Dirk Nowitzki got fouled on final shot! No call! I MEAN WTF HE WOULD HAVE IT IN OVERTIME

4. ThaShark316_28

I still say 3rd, because unlike most people on here, I don't think our schedule is that tough.

5. ccada

ccada Contributing Member

I think it's pretty safe to say that Utah and Mavs are going to finish 7th and 8th in either order, which is fine with me. Portland or NO, here we come.

6. ThaShark316_28

Utah screwed themselves on that East Coast Swing. Like the OP said, they are really f'n good. I mean if they were #1 in the West, you would look at their roster and say "ok, i see why they are 56-14"

7. Bigdaddy210121

I don't want the 3rd seed. If we can't move up to the 2nd i'll take the 4th seed. The winner of the Lakers vs the 8th seed takes on the winner of the 3rd vs 6th. I don't want to face Utah or the Lakers. So heres to Utah falling down to the 8th spot and the Lakers beating them out. :D

8. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Uh no, 1-8 winner plays 4-5 winner, and 2-7 winner plays 3-6 winner.

9. ccada

ccada Contributing Member

No doubt that they are a really good team, but I just took a look at their schedule, and although I knew they were bad on the road, the numbers are a bit shocking for a team with their kind of talent. If you look at the Jazz's record this year, in the games that they've played on the road against the current 1-8 seeds in both conferences, it breaks down like this:

2 wins: @ Philadelphia on 11/11/08, and @ Detriot on 12/19/08

and

15 losses, 16 if you want to include the loss to Charlotte who is fighting for the 8th seed in the East.

That is incredibly bad, and with 6 remaining road games against playoff teams, I wouldn't be surprised to see them crash in the standings.

10. Bigdaddy210121

Your right, i dont know what i was thinking. Here's to getting the 3rd seed! :D

11. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

I would LOVE to see #1 Lakers vs #8 Jazz in the first round. everyone should now root for the Mavs!

12. Shaud

Shaud Member

If you are trying to avoid the Lakers in the 2nd round then we do need the 3rd seed and not the 4th seed.

13. Crush

Crush Rookie

Houston will gain 3rd seed. End of discussion.

14. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

+1 +1 +1

Jazz fans consider the Lakers their archrivals, too. I'd LOVE to see them get SMEARED by Kobe.... oh the justice and the glory...

15. Landryman14

Landryman14 Member

I'm crossing my fingers for a Lakers vs. Jazz first round massacre

16. DreamRoxCoogFan

+3? :cool:

17. Asian Sensation

My ideal scenarios:

(1)Lakers vs. (8) Blazers
    (2)Spurs vs. (7) Dallas
    (3)Houston vs.(6) NO
    (4)Denver vs. (5) Jazz

or

(1)Lakers vs (8) Dallas
    (2) Spurs vs (7) Jazz
    (3) NO vs (6) Blazers
    (4) Houston vs (5) Denver

18. Raspy

Raspy Member

If the Jazz arent in the 6 spot they are screwed because they cannot beat the Lakers or the Spurs. Honestly I dont think Houston makes it out of the first round no matter who they play except the mavs.

19. Gakatron

Gakatron Contributing Member

Can't have your second option. You could have it with Denver 4 and Houston 5 though. I think the OP got it pretty good except I wouldn't be putting down Orlando as a loss. Yao > Dwight and Houston > Orlando... I just can't see us dropping that one at home.

20. antstep

antstep Member

it's my opinion that rocket will get the seed 5th to VS jazz 4th