1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tracy McGrady Attended Shootaround

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Mar 29, 2009.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

2. Shay

Shay Member

I hope to see him on the bench during the playoffs , he is still my favourite player and I believe he can still be a 2nd best player on a good team , I hope it's with us next year.

/puts flame suit on

3. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

You might get flamed, but I understand what you're implying. Tracy isn't' my favorite player, but I know what he brings to the table, when he's fully healthy.

Either way, the team might benefit by having his support on the bench. It is a team game afterall.

4. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

so if we go on a 5 game losing streak or another player gets shot.... we know why...

#4 Nice Rollin, Mar 29, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2009
  5. AAAproduction1

Great news, I hope we see T-mac at his best next year. Can a player win the most improved award twice. :D

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Tracy needs to concentrate on rehab, I would prefer he keeps his mojo away from this team, until he is ready to play ball...

DD

1 person likes this.
  7. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Getting Tracey to show up is a good way to get you back to posting. :p

8. mms

mms Member

Great move by Tmac. I think he is signaling his teammates he wants to play with them.

9. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Good news! Best wishes to his rehab!

10. MisterPink

MisterPink Member

After the initial shock of him declaring himself "done for the season", I can look at the whole thing a little more objectively...

Maybe he comes back next year.

Best case scenario -- he comes back, everyone's happy, he plays really well in the system, and we're a better team because of it. Then we could see what kind of contract he's looking for and perhaps work something out with him -- again, only if he fits in with the team and plays well.

Or maybe he comes back and just doesn't have anything in the tank anymore, or he doesn't get along with the team, or he doesn't want to play in Adelman's system -- whatever. Then we've got a huge expiring contract to deal off to some team looking to dump salary.

The whole situation could have been worse, and this team has been playing better since he left. I'm not saying they're definitely better without tracy around; just that they're performing better this season without tracy in the lineup.

11. Shay

Shay Member

We will never see T-Mac at his best ' T-Mac at his best was the same level Lebron and Kobe are now.

I am hoping he can be pain free and we can see the T-Mac from last year ' or from some of his better games this year for 3 more years hopefully.

It's really sad that when he was at his best his talent was wasted because of a supporting cast of Andrew Declerq and Jacque Vaughn.

T-Mac was really T-Mac only his 1st year in Houston , after 05/06 he was never the same.
    He lost some athletic ability and some passion for the game too imo.

12. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

So he can't even hang out with his teammates until he's fully healed? Thats a bit extreme.

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

This is positive, its not smart for either side to burn that bridge yet.

14. Shay

Shay Member

Thats because it wasn't Tracy Mcgrady out there this season ' a shadow of him self is a compliment he looked so bad this season.

I hope he is not done and can get back to the level of last year.
    Even if it won't happen in Houston

15. startover

startover Member

We better not lose the next game otherwise some of us here will be very angry ;)

16. DaDakota

Supporting Member

I guess, I just think he needs to stay away until the organization decides what it is going to do with him......no distractions, there is work to be done here.

DD

17. bamtonio

bamtonio Member

dont understand

18. DaDakota

Supporting Member

He is joking that Tmac is bad luck.

DD

19. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

Completely agree.

He needs us so he can showcase his ability and angle for a new contract.

We need him to either fit in, or be good enough to trade for a better fit.

Keeping things amicable provides more of a chance for him to be worked back into the team. And, if healthy, he still provides a solid fit for the organization.

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Someone tell Tracy that he needs to go workout in Florida or something, this team has dreams of getting past the first round this season :p