1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jazz tracking: avoid them at all cost!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by waihh, Mar 25, 2009.

1. ndnguy85

ndnguy85 Contributing Member

like the last 2 times?

2. waihh

waihh Contributing Member

Unfortunately, after tonight games, Rox and Jazz are right on track to play each other in the playoffs again.

3. John232

John232 Member

And we shall lose once again.

4. Darrinlane

Darrinlane Member

I might be wrong and someone might have already posted this but....I want to face the Jazz as the last two times we beat them in the playoffs we won it all. Go rockets!!!!!

5. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Standings aren't going to be set until the last week of the regular season. Utah could still end up 7th or 8th(We could still end up 2nd or 4th). They are'nt a particularly good road team and the wins they do have on the road are against teams with less than a .500 record.
    Look at their remaining schedule, they have 6 out of 10 games on the road and all 6 teams have winning records. When it's all said and done I think we'll end up playing Portland. No need to avoid playing anybody.

Home New York
    @ Portland
    @ Denver
    Home vs Minnesota
    @ New Orleans
    @ Dallas
    @ San Antonio
    Home vs Golden State
    Home vs LA Clippers
    @ LA Lakers

6. Fiah

Fiah Member

NBA.com has us at #4 and Jazz at #6

7. acjeitherocket

yahoo sports has us 3rd and the j*zz 6th :(

8. 1individual

1individual Member

Nothing to worry about, once we have 1-3 games left we can decide if we want them or not. We can always tank the last game or two to avoid them. But avoiding them isn't a good thing. Maybe we'll able to beat them with HCA and make them look like elfs.

9. jshabang

jshabang Member

wow have u even read this thread...lol :D :p ;)

10. StevieCrossover

You think the Rockets are chicken? To be the best you'll have to beat the best! The Jazz may matchup better against the rockets but that's the coach decision to change up the way the Rockets normally do things. I'd like to see the matchup. We lost to them 2 years in a row. I'd like to see payback. I wouldn't want the Rockets play the bob cats in the play-offs. That'd be too easy and no challenge. Winners are when put to the test they succeed. I don't want to see the Rockets weakening their way out of defeat.

11. ndnguy85

this whole revenge idea that some people have is just r****ded.

sacrifice some of your pride and instead try to focus on how we can get into the 2nd round.

can we win against the jazz if they played basketball, yes. but do they? no. they flop and wrestle with u.

other than artest..no ones gonna fight back on our team.

12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Sounds pretty defeatist to me. I think you are undercutting guys like Scola, Lowry, Landry, and Wafer. They're passionate and they work hard behind the scenes.

We're not going to put our tail between our legs and run from the Jazz... that's all there is to it. We're just going to do our best, and, come what may, we're going to beat it. Nobody ever won a championship by sacrificing pride.

13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Perhaps you don't remember the legitimate reasons for losing the last time. Hint: It included Yao, Alston, and (to an extent) Battier. Also, we didn't have Artest, Wafer, or Lowry.

Why are you so determined to lose, anyway?

14. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

People talk about "tanking", but tell that to the players' faces.....I don't think they like losing on purpose.

15. jshabang

jshabang Member

Is anybody getting this thread?????

We are not saying avoid the jazz period.......we are saying NOT IN THE FIRST ROUND

I would be the first person to welcome them to toyota center in round 2.....we want a piece of those punks.....dont get it twisted because we say not in round one....

I am all for a showdown and we might just beat the brakes off those floppers......but I need for my own sanity to not get another first round exit....and trust me the rockets need it more than we do for there psyche as well

16. ndnguy85

exactly. all i am saying there's more of a risk with losing in the first round with the jazz.

17. StevieCrossover

the thread says avoid them at all cost.

18. jshabang

jshabang Member

exactly....avoid them in the first round is what this is all about boss......thats whats being dicussed

19. PiggyTails

PiggyTails Member

For some reason, I think that no matter where we end up, Utah will strategize to play us in the first round of the playoffs. Just look at it from their point of view, they defeated us the last two years in the first round. Looks like a piece of cake to them, right? At least that's what I think. Let's hope this is not so.

20. HoustonForever

I highly disagree. I'm sure quite a few fans remember how the Detroit Pistons defeated the Chicago Bulls in several consecutive playoff series...then the Bulls got a breakthrough in 1991 when they defeated the Pistons in 4. I think we should embrace the challenge of the Rockets facing the Utah Jazz (1st round) and defeating them. Forget about all the flops and play intelligent basketball. Crush them in the first two games, and then defeat them in Utah.

Facing seeming unsurmountable obstacles builds character; I really think the 94/95 Rockets would have benefited from facing Seattle and defeating them...that way that cloud wouldn't be hanging over their heads.

Let's get it done. :p