1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Trading Sengun? Stop me if you've heard me talk about this one. We're talking #Rockets LIVE right now ...

Talking Rockets - LIVE!
  3. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Jazz tracking: avoid them at all cost!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by waihh, Mar 25, 2009.

1. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Lame lame lame to run away from a team

2. waihh

waihh Contributing Member

Again, if the rox is playing for the title this year and anything other than that is considered a failure, then I would not start this thread. Then the rox has to clear up every obstacle enroute. It really did not matter too much which one is to be cleared up first.

Reality is, the rox is in a mood of "let's see what we can do?" in the offseason. It will give Yao, Artest, Scola, Battier...the much needed experience, and give the organization a chance to identify what to improve next.

I am not suggesting the rox to start to lose games intentionally. Actually no one except the Lakers can affort a few losses. Anyone else which intentionally loses may not be able to make the playoffs. But imagine this, if in the last two rounds it is clear that winning leads to Rox vs Jazz, but losing leads to Laker Jazz, what will you choose? I would choose loss even if that leads to the loss of home court advantage.

3. DESMONDDD

DESMONDDD Member

you will have to face your nightmares eventually

4. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

It would really hurt to lose to the Jazz three years in a row if we was to play them again. I would really hate the city Utah with a strong passion :mad:

For people thinking we can beat this team in the playoffs I like the way yall think, but its not going to happen they are the better team and just has our number nothing we can do about that. If we have to lose a game or two to not play them in the first round I think it may be best to do.

5. ccada

ccada Contributing Member

Okay, a couple things, and I'm not trying to be a jerk, because I'm guessing English is not your first language:

1) Utah is not a city, it is a state. Salt Lake City is where the Jazz play;

2) I don't believe the Jazz are a better team than the Rox. They absolutely, positively cannot win on the road, and consistency is how good teams are judged;

3) If you're going to make a post like this, please change your signature.

6. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

Nailed it.

We just haven't been focusing on the propert goal. We've been thinking about beating the Jazz. We should be thinking about making Kirelenko cry, and the rest will take care of itself.

7. 34to11

34to11 Member

Are you serious?

By your logic, why not just drop to the eighth seed and hope for an early exit so we can get on to the off season.

You don't run from challenges and hope to improve...you improve by facing those challenges.

You lace 'em up and play.....Whoever......Wherever.

By the way, I put your comments in a more appropriate color.

8. mandoo347

mandoo347 Member

what would hakeem do
    oh i know...
    DOMINATE AND BEAT THE j*zz
    end of conversation ;)

9. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

No one else on this team can produce like that, unfortunately we are going to need that in the play-offs!!

10. chasingu

chasingu Member

i just hate the white in the Energy Sources solution Center.

11. Marcus Bryant

Marcus Bryant Member

what kind of white do you hate? the toilet paper?

12. JoeZ

JoeZ Member

Sooner or later we are going to have to beat them. Like it or not. We may as well keep trying til we do.

13. Nicksta

Nicksta Member

Much rather play the Hornets. We match up well against those guys

14. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

15. Palmray

Palmray Contributing Member

16. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

I work for Memorial Hermann and we had a special event held today at Children's Memorial and Chuck Hayes was there. I asked him the question, would you guys like to face the Utah Jazz in the playoffs.. Chuck hayes Response " Hell no at any cost" Lol

17. Palmray

Palmray Contributing Member

Well, just bring them on. I want the Jazz in the first round. It's time.

18. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

are you making that up, I don't doubt a Rocket would say that but Chuck

19. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

First of all, I don't think he is making this up b/c I saw this on the news today. As far as what Chuck said, that shows you right there the mentality of the Rockets players. If they don't even want to face the Jazz in the playoffs, then they obviously feel the way a lot of us do, that the Jazz are just a bad matchup for the Rockets which would likely lead to an early exit.

20. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

If Chuck feels that way imagine how Yao feels