1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Jazz 99, Rockets 86

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 25, 2009.

Tags:
  1. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Why is Brooks lumped in with Lowry?? Today at least, Brooks played a bit better offensively, and Lowry got burned as much defensively as Brooks did. Dont forget the hectic 4th quarter it wasnt just Wafer playing 1 on 5. It was Lowry as well. Brooks came back in and helped spark the run to get it to 86-82.

I would give Brooks one grade higher than Lowry.

Yao: C+
    Scola: B
    Artest: C-
    Batter: B+
    Brooks: C+

Lowry: D
    Wafer: D
    Hayes: C
    Barry: D

All this, and the Rockets were within 4 points in the final few minutes.

2. ThaShark316_28

It's gonna be some nights when Yao needs to shoot near or over 20 times...tonight was one of those nights...its all good tho...get ready to see the Rockets finish 8-1 the rest of the way :)

3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

You can have him face up and you can get him better positions by using his teammates or using Yao as a decoy. All those options are better than watching him wrestle with the defender and not getting anything out of it, only to swing the ball around to Artest.

4. ferrarif1286

ferrarif1286 Member

am I comparing his points total with you when i said he don't look that good? Did he went to the line 9 times (dominating the paint driving at will) against any of those teams? My whole point when I talk about brewer is that when rox are playing the jazz, my first though is on mismatch involving yao w/ okur and boozer, next deron is another threat. Brewer is not suppose to pose this type of threat to this team with artest and battier (2 great wing defenders). If you let him out of all the jazz to dominate the paint and go to the FT 9 times, it would truly be a miracle to win.

5. ferrarif1286

ferrarif1286 Member

him facing up is after he catch the ball, which still come down to getting the ball down to him at first. And I dont know if there are better positions for Yao where one foot in the lane near the basket he is unstoppable if he catches the ball. True on top of the circle he will get the ball everytime he wants but theres not threat watsoever. If you can see those, Im sure a 20 year coach in the NBA adelman or JVG can see these too.

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

then write THAT next time instead of calling him a scrub. Its one thing to say the guys sucks, its a completely different thing to say we've got defenders who should stop him.

7. ferrarif1286

ferrarif1286 Member

So we shouldn't have defenders that can stop him??? artest who just shut lbj last month, battier who shut kobe down on national tv last year shouldn't shut a ronnie brewer off?? And wats wrong with me calling out a utah jazz player scrub? there's other members here that calls out worse stuffs about jazz. If you like them so much you can praise them in a place called the jazzfanzforum

8. fffffffaint

fffffffaint Member

Jazz just enlarges all our weak points!

We are lack of some guy who could cool down and lead team out of hot water.

9. tchou

tchou Contributing Member

You can't just look at the numbers. AB couldn't control the tempo for the life of him. He also forgot how to pass the ball the whole first half.

10. Marcus Bryant

Marcus Bryant Member

:confused:

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Ron Artest, however, did not see it that way. He barely seemed to view the game as a loss.

“We did what we needed to do,” said Artest, who made 5 of 22 shots. ‘We feel good. We feel good going into the playoffs. That would be a great matchup in the first round, Utah and the Rockets.

“We outrebounded them. I kept telling Yao (Ming), As long as you keep attacking the glass, you’re going to wear them out. They can’t deal with him down there. We did what we had to do today. We killed them on the offensive glass. I’ll take a game like this any day.”

:confused:

12. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

LOL, i can't believe you put my quote on your sig man, seriously? Something tells me you didn't get i was poking fun at your logic....

13. ferrarif1286

ferrarif1286 Member

That tells me you didn't get me poking fun at your logic too

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Let me plug that into the Ron Translator:

"We did everything we needed to do to win. We outrebounded them. We had the shots. We did everything but make shots. Making shots can be fixed by us. So we'll take this anytime because most of the time we'll make those shots, this was just an off day."

15. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

then you just made fun of yourself, now didn't you? :rolleyes:

16. ferrarif1286

ferrarif1286 Member

made fun of myself because you said I didn't watch enough basketball to know that there's luke walton, jason kapon outthere or because when you later said that if I watch sports news or read newspaper I'll read about other players? Last time I watched espn, they were discussing kobe wade or lebron for mvp not kapono walton or lowry for 6 man of the year lol.

17. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

ab better be on the bench for most games in the playoffs, most of the game

18. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

WTF! Artest is always delusional. The Rockets shooted 34.8%. If you shoot 34.8%, you get plenty of opportunities to out-rebound your opponents.

19. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

Agree!Should put Kyle in the starting lineups,he's alot better than AB at some point.

20. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

we are way better than those FUkkers,,, we were inconsistent, lowry and wafer pretty ****ed us up,, artest had bad game but you don't see him running down the court 7 or 8 times blowing off layups like lowy and wafer did,,,, those young guys need to slow down the tempo,,,, jazz are good defensive team and we lost bcuz of lowry and wafer,,, but we can put it behind us now and focus on winning on the next 9 games.....
    :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: