1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What do you admire the most about the Utah Jazz?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Mar 25, 2009.

1. tslee98

tslee98 Contributing Member

You can't blame Wafer or Lowry (or even Artest) for the way they played. Collins was right that the speed at which they attacked the basket matched the pace the Jazz wanted to play at and rendered Yao irrelevant. But the team was desperate and needed to create and the last time we played the Jazz, Lowry used the same approach to lead us back from 13 points down. The difference tonight was that the referees were not calling anything, in part because these guys didn't attack the rim effectively and were obviously looking for bailout calls. That's why I think we need James White to become a regular part of our rotation ahead of Wafer -- because he can actually finish when he attacks the rim. Switch out White for Wafer and we get crazy dunks on those plays and you wouldn't call it ugly or selfish.

2. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

I consider the flopping and the fouling down in the post plenty of nonsense.

But yes, other than that they execute very well. Considering they've had the same coach and run the same stuff for 20 years, it's easy to see why.

3. Acedude

Acedude Contributing Member

How they sell their flops with precise yet not overboard embellishment.

How they set the best legal moving picks.

How they make the most out of pushing and shoving while the refs were looking elsewhere.

How they carry over the home success on the road.

4. Shaud

Shaud Member

Didn't you start the thread with the title something like "Do you want to be more like the Utah Jazz" ? Something like that.

5. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

The same and to truthful, I didn't even like Deron Williams until this season where he carried the team on his back with scoring and defensive play. He showed me he was an elite young point guard, right up there with your Chris Pauls and Rajon Rondos as the new all stars of the league.

But I still will wish him failure as long as he is on the Utah Jazz. Hate the rest of them more then I hate the over hyped Lakers and Celtics.

6. ydqkang

ydqkang Member

hard coach
    hard coach
    hard coach
    hard coach
    hard coach
    hard coachvhard coach
    hard coach
    hard coach
    vhard coachhard coach
    hard coach
    hard coach
    hard coach
    hard coach
    hard coachhard coachv
    v
    hard coach
    hard coach
    v
    hard coach

7. jedicro

jedicro Member

lol

Are you serious? DWill is about 8 trillion (rough estimate) times better than Rondo.

8. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

I admire their fouling and flopping. They have guys that will hack and take cheap shots all game long but they can also go into flopping mode at the drop of a dime.

9. JusBleezy

JusBleezy Contributing Member

This.

10. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I hate/admire their execution, as most of you have already mentioned. Especially off the PnR. Their PnR's are a thing of beauty -- very difficult to defend and nearly automatic. Plus, I envy the way players like Brewer are always cutting to the basket. Definitely something I wish our guys did a lot more of.

11. solid

solid Contributing Member

They are extremely well coached; they execute, execute, execute in a structured disciplined way; they have a boatload of talented players that can shoot consistently; they have both size and speed. When they are running on all cylinders, they may be the best team in the West AND every time I see them play I want to throw up.

12. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

OK to put my most serious face forward:

The Jazz are very effecient. They know what they want to do. If they didnt, Sloan wouldn't still be there. They are very consistent in what they want to do. Sure, they miss open shots some times, and they make circus ones, but everyone does that.

Aspects of the Jazz' game I can respect:

1. Play hard
    2. DWill (he does it the right way, one of the few Jazz who do)
    3. Fundementally sound on offense

Aspects of the Jazz' game I can NOT respect:

1. Flopping
    2. Setting Hard picks, but whining when one is set on them (partly goes back to number 1)
    3. Fouling. Consistently. Daring the refs to make a call.
    4. Did I mention Flopping?

13. theogcasey

theogcasey Contributing Member

I admire the fact that Kirilenko always looks like a creeper.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. tonyrock

tonyrock Rookie

Good point. but Wafer still shoul be blamed. our guards are not smart enough

15. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Golden!

16. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

I love the way Jerry Sloan all but called Kirilenko a p**** when he had an emotional breakdown in the playoffs. What I'd give to see Sloan and Tracy McGrady alone in a cellar in Gitmo.

17. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I could make a video of all the flops players do in a game. The Jazz get into your head doing it, and I don't agree with it, but fouls and flopping are part of the game because the NBA league office won't do a damn thing about obvious flops from the looks of it. BTW, I almost fell out of my chair laughing at a flop that Artest did in the last game against SA as Bowen ran by and breathed on him. There's lots of nonsense in the NBA then.

18. Marcus Bryant

Marcus Bryant Member

I admire their tatoos

19. choujie

choujie Member

Sloan, who takes out players going wild and bark at them.

RA is a good coach, but two things really fatal:

1. Allow too many selfish plays, allow too many hot head plays, not discipline.

2. Can't draw a set play at the end of game to save his life. Rely on "read and act" in critical positions is like suicide for the most time, especially with young and inexperienced PGs.

20. redao

redao Member

I admire their love for the Rockets. They are so happy every time they play against Rockets.