1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutchfans Game Thread: Rockets @ Spurs 3/22/2009

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

2 people like this.
  2. D-Lite

D-Lite Contributing Member

This will be a deciding game. I look to see the rockets struggle at first, but then gain momentum in the second half and keep it close

89-85 rockets win!

Will duncan be playing?

3. D-Lite

D-Lite Contributing Member

Also, i thought this game was at 2:30?

4. BigBigRed

BigBigRed Member

This is a huge game. Let's hope the Rockets can get this one.

5. Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut Member

go rockets go! we win 93 to 89

6. GKlutz

GKlutz Member

win please! 2nd is yours, and we just want to be tp 4 ;)

7. Bamushake

Bamushake Member

i really hope ABC picks this game up
    ROCKETS WILL WIN

8. sky1

sky1 Member

The ABC and ESPN change their broadcast plan. They forgive the game of heat VS piston but live this game. There is no doubt this game will attract more eye-balls. But it is too early , I don't think the rox could pass the spur, our guys are on road and the spur is stable. If they done well in the free-throw last night they could win the boston. So it's a tough job.

9. getdwade2010

getdwade2010 Member

i hope we can win this game! to fianlly get that 2nd seed and division lead..

10. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I have a feeling that Yao will come back strong in this game. He will have to put up better numbers than he did in the TWolves game, if the Rockets are to have a chance against Timmy and the Spurs.

Shane will have to shut down Roger Mason Jr. behind the three point line, and Aaron Brooks will have to stay in front of Tony Parker.

Rockets by 2...I hope.

11. atwood

atwood Member

defense game, rockets win,101:95 :D

12. jeffvangundy

jeffvangundy Member

This is the biggest game of the season..unlike most other games..this one has huge playoff implications and can get us closer to the division title..We'll see how Artest And Yao Handle this playoff environment and hopefully we can get this win under our belt and hold on to the 2nd seed even when we get it

13. TheBigDiesel

TheBigDiesel Member

We need a big night from Yao and Scola. We need Yao to get a 20/10 game in order for us to have a chance at winning. With Landry gone we lose a lot of hustle, spacing, defense, rebounding, athleticism and his presence.

The key-matchup is clearly going to be Yao vs Duncan. Yao is usually the guy winning the matchups in this. However, the Spurs certainly have better talent with Tony Parker playing for them. They could easily kill us with their 2 man game.

I sure hope we can win, we just need Yao to get the ball and score and do his thing on the other end as well.

14. eveluvsrox

eveluvsrox Contributing Member

we win to keep winning

that is all

15. rocketsallday

rocketsallday Member

Artest will have a monster game even though he will chuck us to death he doesn't give a chuck who ever calls him a chucker , you bunch of motherchuckers , chuck all of ya'll, as he would say in response you bunch of up and down bandwagon unfaithful chuckers, From now on I have faith in where ever AB Artest and YAO leads us so to all you one minute here goes another hate thread fans and to all of you ," Chuck you, Chuck you , and by the way you too buddy Chuck you too.

Rox win 87
    Spurs 83

Parker has another good game but so does AB so the match each other the X factor will be you guessed it right Von Wafer as a matterfact he will be the x factor the rest of the year including playoffs

16. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Artest usually lights up the Spurs, I think if he can post up, he will create matchup problems for SA and they will have to keep swiching on him which will open up other guys. We cannot miss FT's like we did in the last meeting, and we have to play that defense that we played against the Hornets on the road a few games back. Go ROCKETS!

17. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

Nail the Spurs 95:87! :cool:

18. ind0fo0

ind0fo0 Contributing Member

Why does game chat start at 12? I am gettin' confused about this game. ABC or not. 12 or 2:30PM...?

19. xRocketsfanx

xRocketsfanx Member

Man this is as big as it gets down the stretch for the rockets. Time to prove if they can handle pressure!

20. mic

mic Contributing Member

According to TV Guide, the game starts at 2:30 P.M.

We really need to win this game. Every game is crucial, but this one is particularly critical.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.