1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

what this team really lacks? Thoughts after Pistons game.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by roxfan123, Mar 19, 2009.

1. TheBigDiesel

TheBigDiesel Member

We truly do not have any athletic players outside of Wafer and Landry and they are bench guys.

Not to mention we also have some guys who are half brain dead, Artest and Brooks would be the best example.

We need more athleticism.

2. Roxlover

Roxlover Member

Yesterday Rox lack of Rebound, because of Scola grabbed little rebound.

In most of games, Scola can grab many rebounds,but he didnt do last game.

3. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

thats what im sayin

4. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

half brain dead is the qualifier for me. what does athleticism matter if the brain's too dumb to do the right thing? but half brain dead and athleticism hasnt stopped Travis Outlaw from finishing games

5. xouterheavenx

xouterheavenx Member

a killer instinct.

6. MiracleShot

MiracleShot Member

yeah that used to be carl landry.....

7. 99bb

99bb Member

discipline :mad:

8. TheBigDiesel

TheBigDiesel Member

I don't consider that guy brain dead. Josh Smith might be a guy that's brain dead if you ask me.

But Athletic ability can clearly hurt you. (A La Lakers game) They were clearly more athletic than us and they didn't even Lamar Odom and they still took us out.

Athletic ability is more like a boost, but IQ is much more important.

9. qiuhong

qiuhong Member

Where have you been?

10. DaronMalakian

DaronMalakian Member

Agree. We have enough talent... if we play solid basketball. But Brooks and Ron must be smarter, they have to READ better the defenses. And this is the big diference. Yao can be THE MAN, but he needs smart partners to be dominant. Adelman also can do something more to ease all that.

11. DaronMalakian

DaronMalakian Member

I suppose he has been watching the loses against Spurs, Jazz or Fakers. Thats it, watching how Ron can't create at the end against best defenses (nor Brooks).

12. qiuhong

qiuhong Member

Anybody thinks Rick Adelman should be responsible for most of it?
    Look at other team, no matter what the talents they have, most the of team have some kind of clutch shot strategies to follow. BBall is a team work, especially at clutch time. Even for Kobe, he need some screens and PnR.
    But I don't see RA has good clutch shot strategies. Just one thing that everybody knows, feed Yao. When that doesn't work, (for the most of time it doesn't) no one knows what to do. The whole team look total lost.

13. qiuhong

qiuhong Member

Has he been watching the loses against Milwaukee, Memphis and Philadelphia?

14. ydqkang

ydqkang Member

von has potential to excute the finnal shot!

15. cmellon

cmellon Member

Chuck Hayes will be our best bet for final shot.

16. ferrarif1286

ferrarif1286 Member

this team miss the 23 million wasted money down the drain

17. blender

blender Member

This doesn't have much to do with the Pistons game, but here goes.

I absolutely love watching this team right now, but in the long term, the Rockets have a real dilemma. This team was built to revolve around McGrady and Yao, and it can only go so far while missing a crucial piece of the puzzle. I appreciate the great efforts given by Artest and Wafer, and love watching our young PGs develop, but the reality is that there is a major hole in this roster right now.

However, the Rockets don't have time to wait another season or two until McGrady heals, and then hope he and the team return to form. Guys like Brooks, Landry, Lowry and Wafer can wait - and will hopefully continue to improve - but it may be too late for Yao, Battier, Artest and to an extent Scola.

Morey's going after Caron Butler at the trade deadline tells me that our GM is ready to reevaluate the McGrady/Yao core and is looking for new puzzle pieces to play with. Trading away our 32-year-old starting point guard also speaks of this reality as much as it does of the value of Kyle Lowry.

Fortunately, despite the gaping $20-million hole, this team is talented, competitive and IMO a pleasure to watch. I think they'll even win a playoff series or two.

But in the long term, Morey's got his work cut out for him.