1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

RON ARTEST should be disciplinarianally BENCHED...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dero72, Mar 18, 2009.

1. dero72

dero72 Member

Fidel, my man...I dont think he does.

Seriously. In Ron's man, he IS the greatest man on the court on any given nite.
    It's part of the reason you love him...the mark of a great player.

Incidentally, sometimes thats why you need a COACH to step in and...COACH.

2. Exiscion

Exiscion Member

Yeah, I just logged in right after the game and didn't look at the time on the first post. Ron did put up a bad shot, but a few possessions later did get an offensive rebound from Scola's missed jumper.

3. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

Actually I was suprised that Artest wasn't taking leaning, fade-away, 3 pointers.

I was shocked to see the way he played Prince. I kinda felt bad for Prince. Artest was bumping him and his arms were everywhere. He even needed a towel to wipe his face before throwing the ball inbound!

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

and this thread creator wants to bench him. He almost knocked the freckles off Prince lol.

5. hoopwoo

hoopwoo Member

HAHA, that is a good one!

6. dero72

dero72 Member

Yep...I do.
    Pull him off the floor for a few minutes when he pulls that 'ME' crap.
    If we suffer in any way defensively, all the more effective...because fans, media, and primarily his coplayers will call him on that stuff.

Run the offense. Period. Yao should touch that ball once before anyone else shoots in a regular half-court rotation...especially on a night where the basket is 50 feet wide for him.

Again, Ron did this against the Lakers...he made the game about HIM...and I sincerely believe its why we lost that game.

His defense is great...but no excuse for boneheaded playing in other areas. Remember the Bulls...Phil Jackson and Dennis Rodman? Great defense...but when he started screwing up, not working within the designed flow of the game, Jackson would pull him before he could blink...

Let him sit on a bench for a few minutes or so...and think about it.

7. Gakatron

Gakatron Contributing Member

You take the good with the bad... when hes good hes better than anyone else besides Yao on the team and hes shown when hes bad he can make up for it and comeback.. if not in the same game then the next one. A lot of these offensive loving player fans think its all about looking silky smooth and Artest is far from that but I would rather have him than Wafer if I had the choice any day. Yes he could take better shots too but how many other players in the NBA can force their way from the top of the key to under the basket? It's these little things that can be the difference come playoff time, when teams defenses are working overtime I can guarantee Von Wafer won't be looking as pretty as he can.

So before you post these stupid knee jerk crap threads that everyone seems to think is good after any game that is close or a loss just remember no team has gone 82-0 and even Michael Jordan had games where he would think later he could of done differently. I swear some fans here expect us to be undefeated for the season, the team to shoot 100% and not give up a rebound.

8. dero72

dero72 Member

uhm...what??

so we should be satisfied with fixable errors...becaaaussee...'nobody's perfect'?

uh huh.

anyways, like i said, Adelman needs to fix this before the playoffs.

9. jedicro

jedicro Member

I only saw one play really bad play by Artest, that being the final shot in regulation. There were a couple plays where he decided to take over, but there wasn't really a stretch where I felt he was killing us by taking bad shot after bad shot.

I mean you say he's killing us, but he scored 26 points on 46% shooting and played defense out of his mind. There were times they needed to go to Yao more, but that's more of a team concept. It's like they don't know how to get it to him in closing play situations.

The blame for the faulty play at the end isn't Artest, at lesat not totally. It's EVERYONE who didn't get the ball to Yao. Adelman was screaming at them, and a lot of that goes to Yao for not getting position, but whatevs.

The biggest problem was the ridiculous offensive rebounding of the Pistons. Now THAT was a problem.

10. Gakatron

Gakatron Contributing Member

I'm saying you need to remove the sand thats building up in your vagina and get over it... the team is playing well enough why risk the chemistry and situation pulling out a guy who doesn't exactly have the best personality when it comes to things like that. I am also saying even when hes taking bad shots I would rather have him on the floor than anyone else at that position. I would hope Rick goes through tape with him at times and says 'look that was a bad shot, you could of gone to Yao' or whatever but to drag him is not worth the risk.

11. dero72

dero72 Member

uh huh...
    the way you begin your reply (with the name calling and all) negates any illusion of intellectualism you try to display in the rest of your post.
    All of that isn't necessary: just talk to me.
    You might be right, I might be right...or it might just all be opinions.
    Thats fine.
    Im not going to demean you with vulgarity: i dont even know you.

That said, we have no idea what Rick has already told him about this, as it isn't a new development. It cost us the LA game. Other coaches have done it...ARE doing it. I think it would work here.

Because it will cost us in a key situation.

12. absent2007

absent2007 Member

:confused: U on drug? 0-11 that's consistent miss...

Do u ever see yao 0-11, use your brain not your keyboard to think

13. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Whether you like it or not, we'll have to live with Ron going solo on offense sometimes and with the bad shots sometimes. This isn't some rookie or 2nd year player that Adelman has to reel in on a short leash, he is basically the 2nd option behind Yao to generate offense. Adelman trusts that Ron will correct himself during the game and do the right plays when it matters.

In other words, we are going to have to live and die with Ron's shot selections.

1 person likes this.
  14. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

you can tell battier really doesnt like playing with artest. he ignored artest on lots of cuts after artest wouldnt pass him the ball.

15. Rocketsgo

Rocketsgo Member

I can't agree more. Ron is a star, but not a superstar.

16. monte

monte Member

maybe that is the reason Battier couldn't find his offense rhythm recently.

17. yao.zhao

yao.zhao Member

Ron is willing to be a leader while Yao won't, they're all great player but maybe the difference between them is coming from human character. So , no one is going to be blamed.

18. Teressa

Teressa New Member

Somebody always overrates himself, calls "confidence", like Aretest. Somebody always underates himself, calls "no-confidence", like Yao

19. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

http://features.csmonitor.com/politics/2009/03/18/obama-its-like-aig-has-a-bomb-strapped-to-them/
    "“The same is true with AIG,” [Mr. Obama] said. “It was the right thing to do to step in. Here’s the problem. It’s almost like they’ve got — they’ve got a bomb strapped to them and they’ve got their hand on the trigger. You don’t want them to blow up. But you’ve got to kind of talk them, ease that finger off the trigger.”

Guess what, Rockets fans? Ron Artest is our AIG. Don't make him blow us up.

1 person likes this.
  20. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Now that Tracy is gone, seems that Artest is the new whipping boy of this board...