1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who would you rather face in the 1st round?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by WhoMikeJames, Mar 18, 2009.

1. aaarcher

aaarcher Member

and New Orleans third? Cleveland final? :)

2. kkkpopov

kkkpopov Member

I know your hate for UTAH but I don't think it's easy for ROX to revenge them,why not we go further and beat them in the later round

this is my opinion
    1.Dallas(almost impossible)
    2.Denver
    3.New Orleans(it's difficult to range 2-3)
    4.Porland
    5.San Antonio
    6.Los Angeles
    7.UTAH(although......their style can kill us)

3. jedicro

jedicro Member

If by shut down you mean he flopped each one into foul trouble so they couldn't play their game..then yes, he shut them down.

4. colin2008

colin2008 Member

Utah - Revenge :cool:

5. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

I agree with all that:

MY DREAM (pretty unlike) Playoffs:
    1/8: LA/Portland
    4/5: SAS/Utah
    2/7: Houston/Dallas
    3/6: Denver/NOs

MY DREAM (but still likely) Playoffs:
    1/8: LA/Dallas
    4/5: Utah/NOs
    2/7: SAS/Portland
    3/6: Houston/Denver

(really between 5-7, Denver, NOs, Portland: I think we can take any. Reason I like this is because this way LA vs. Utah 2nd round: If we can avoid 1 outta those 2 that would be so helpful as both cause all sorts of fits for this team).

Also Finals: Cavs or Magic would be pretty good for us.

6. yao.zhao

yao.zhao Member

Whoever~ Rockets will break the 1st round, definitely!

7. landoo

landoo Member

As Men.....Please face to Utah.....Go Ahead.... :D

8. aragorn

aragorn Member

for devirgination out of 1st round, pick hornets obviously, Nuggets have JR and Melo, they can go crazy anytime.

for manhood and revenge, pick JAZZHOLE!

9. Tsquare

Tsquare Member

Only two teams I want us to face in the 1st round...

1. Utah - For same reasons as above and I feel we are now better suited to come out VICTORIOUS!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

2. New Orleans - I few like they are a overrated team and we can handle them

All Other teams...

NO! Why:

Portland - A lot of people here think we would matchup great with them cause their lack of experience(which is overrated to me) but don't forget that's exactly what everyone though of the 1st matchup we had against UTAH. They are a very tuff team cause they are so long and athletic plus they have that guy B. Roy who did this to us...

<object width="500" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aLgC1_V40nY&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aLgC1_V40nY&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="315"></embed></object>

Denver - Really fast, uptempo and athletic team. Bad formula for us.

Dallas - Uptempo team that would cause us matchup problems at the PF position(Dirk) and they too are pretty athletic; no to mention, they already beat us once in the playoffs.

10. Tsquare

Tsquare Member

*EDITED^^^

11. smallpotato

smallpotato Member

1 Dallas I think Yao play pretty good VS Dallas.And Kid are not as fast as AB.

2 Denver... We'd better have home court.

12. MiniPichu

MiniPichu Member

It doesnt matter.

Now that the number 1 loser in the nba of all times is out, im pretty sure we have very good chances to go past the first round.

Mcgrady induces a bad athmosphere on the players and the team.

We only need to get rid of that crap next year and bring something better for this insane salary and we will seriously be fighting for the championship.

13. MiniPichu

MiniPichu Member

lol 2 posts above me shows another awesome "act of failure" by mcgrady, where he conviniently loses his man (Roy) and gets a three pointer buried on his face.

Oh god, save us from this r****d.

14. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

McGrady actually played good D on Roy, it was 0.8 second game.

Yeah, spit on T-Mac, he's a bad player, really bad one.

Bandwagoner.

15. nuisance_night

nuisance_night New Member

that's a great answer!

16. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Denver
    Portland
    N.O.
    Dallas
    San Antonio
    Utah
    L.A.

17. thesaint

thesaint Member

I dont understand why Portland is hard team to face in playoffs. I think its easy to pass first round for the rockets if the face Blazers than any other team. Reasons:

1) No one in Portland can defend Yao, not even Oden even though i dont think they have faced each other yet, they usually double team him as we saw in the last 2 games.
    2) Current Portland team does not have playoffs experience.
    3) When it comes to it, Battier n Artest can wear Brandon Roy down.
    4) The only real threat for the Rockets is Brandon Roy n Aldridge, where as Rockets clearly has better chemistry where any starting 5 n Lowry, Landry n Wafer can score in double figures.
    5) The 2 times Rockets played against Blazers: First game they got lucky (Rockets took it to overtime in Portland), n 2nd Rockets showed they are better than Blazers.
    6) Bench has always been a big factor in Playoffs as defense gets stronger n starting 5 fatigue factor kicks in. Rockets has stronger n much playoffs experienced bench in Landry, Lowry, Wafer, Barry, Hayes n Mutombo.

Teams Rockets should not face:
    Jazz: Rockets should rather face Spurs than Jazz. Okur, Boozer, Williams n AK has always been a threat against Rockets. 1st game against the Jazz on December 27th, Jazz played without Okur n Boozer n they still took the game to overtime. Just too tough of a team.

18. TheBigDiesel

TheBigDiesel Member

I would love to face the Mavericks in the 1st round, however I don't think they are moving out of the 8th seed and if they do they will probably get 7th. I don't think our chances of getting the 7th seed are high.

Here is my order

1.) Dallas
    2.) Denver
    3.) Hornets
    4.) Blazers
    5.) Utah

For potential 1st round matchups.

19. Evil Empire

Evil Empire Member

my thoughts exactly

20. Rocket1

Rocket1 Member