1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are we better without Yao?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Mar 16, 2009.

Tags:
  1. DaRrEnZhAnG

DaRrEnZhAnG Member

Are you an idiont? If we cant even Win the CRAP NO Bees without Yao, the whole Rox should be traded. It's the NO Bees, not the LA, SAS, Boston or Pistion!!! Watch the games, kid!

The Crap MIN without AJ almost won the Bees today when they down by 10 points in the fourth quarter on the road today.
    And you told everyone on the forum that we are much better without YAO only because we beat the NO bees after Yao have dominated for a long time?

The Boston have won the Washionton Wizard big without KG, are there some fools like you keep saying the Boston ARE BETTER TEAM WITHOUT KG??

2. big11

big11 Contributing Member

Why does Yao deserved being asked such a question EVER after all these bloody years as a Houston Rockets?

3. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

There are times during a game where we can play faster and have better ball movement/spacing with Yao taking a rest. If the size disadvantage is not too great against particular teams, having both Scola and Landry in the frontcourt at the same time would allow us to play a more uptempo game and get teams on their heels.

4. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Contributing Member

The pistons stayed on our outside shooters and cutters. They dared Yao to beat their single coverage and he did.

We only attempted 9 3-pointers in a game that went double OT, probably a season low.

5. yao.zhao

yao.zhao Member

Yeah, trade Yao for LBJ and KB then Rockets will start with 5 guards. :mad:

6. zerg1517

zerg1517 Member

it's no use to talk about this.
    we only want towin

7. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

[​IMG]

8. she'sdone

she'sdone Member

Hypocrite!
    I've noticed for a long time that you always like to find out some stats to bash Yao. You also like to make excuse for T-Slack. You're an a**hole.

9. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

:D

this is sig worthy

10. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I'm an a**hole because I don't share the same opinions about our players as you do?

There is seriously a mob mentality on this board when it comes to our star players. People can't just disagree and have a conversation.

11. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Hey! now you just described yourself.

12. rage

rage Member

A win against the Pistons doesn't seem much ...
    A win against the Hornets means a whole lot more ?

That is what you said.

13. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

Have to strongly agree with you on that. This was honestly a boring game. No one looked like they wanted to play. Brent Barry thought he was a harlem globetrotter. Guys body language looked like they didn't want to play. If we played the way we did last night in the playoffs then we are going 0-4 and out real quick.

14. durvasa

As Adelman said after the game, the Rockets were fortunate to beat the Pistons. The game should not have been so close. There is no question in my mind that the Rockets played better in the previous game against the Hornets.

Does that mean that the Rockets are better off without Yao? Of course not. I still don't know of any poster in this thread who's said such a thing. But acting like the Pistons game is some definitive proof that the Rockets are better with Yao just doesn't make sense. Suppose the Pistons hit that 3-pointer at the end of regulation and the Rockets lose. Considering the circumstances (Pistons without 3 of their top players, on the road, back to back), that would be one of the worst losses of the season, following one of the best wins of the season at New Orleans. And then it would be fairly obvious how ludicrous the "See? That's why Yao makes us better!" posts are.

Personally, I don't think you can look at one or two games and decide how much a player helps you win. The Hornets game wasn't any kind of evidence that the Rockets are "better" without Yao. All it did was show that the Rockets are capable of playing at a high level without him in one game against the Hornets. And the Pistons game didn't prove we're better with Yao either. It showed that Yao can play very efficiently and be an effective go to player at the end of games when the other team chooses not to double team him. Something most of us already knew. It didn't show that the Rockets can/will play at a high level with Yao, because we clearly did not do so yesterday. But that's ok ... I know the Rockets can play better, because I've seen it many times this season.

15. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

I think it depends on who is on the court for the opposition. Sometimes we are more fun to watch with him resting. Last night, for example, I certainly loved watching him make shot after shot and pound his chest. I REALLY enjoyed watching that.

#215 EssTooKayTD, Mar 19, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2009
  16. rage

rage Member

You are backtracking now ...
    Whether Aldelman said we were lucky to win has nothing to do with this discussion.
    IF the Pistons hit that 3 pts ...? IF John Starks hit that shot 10 yrs ago, we would not have 1 of our championships either ...

This discussion is whether we are better without Yao or not. You said many things in this thread, some contradicting the others ...
    One game does not tell anything and that is true for the Pistons game and the Hornets game ...
    I assume you've watched the Rockets more than just 2 games, man up and tell us what you think.

17. durvasa

The Rockets not playing well (hence, they were lucky to win) has nothing to do with a discussion on how much better the Rockets are with Yao?

8th post of the thread:

"No, we're not. But more than any other player, he changes the way we play. Some guys do get some more freedom in the offense when they don't have to devote so much effort to getting the ball to Yao. That can open up some things on the offensive end. We saw it last year during the streak, and we saw a little of it tonight."

Now, your turn to man up and point out the contradictions in my posts.

18. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

I honestly don't know why this thread was even made honestly. Yao is playing. Now if it was the last 2-3 years then that's a different story. I'm shocked guys aren't posting in the "Are we better without McGrady" thread. If one is made that is

19. durvasa

I still think questions like "What is this team capable of, without Yao" or "Are there situation/matchups where we're better without Yao" is a legitimate topic. I was hoping the discussion would be steered in that direction, but instead people would rather make posts like, "What a stupid thread. I can't believe all these knee-jerk Yao haters" ... yada yada. People are too concerned about protecting individual players from criticism instead of arguing what's best for the team.

20. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

Yeah agree. Some threads and post shouldn't even be made. Its like this board is divided into 3. Yao lovers/haters , McGrady lovers/haters, and Ron lovers/haters. They look at your name and automatically think your rooting for one guy instead of the team. Then when the team loses the whole board goes into panic mode