1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carl Landry assaulted, shot in the leg (out 1-2 weeks)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by REEKO_HTOWN, Mar 17, 2009.

1. platinum

platinum Member

Just can not believe there is so big inpect of mafia in Houston.

2. fmp087

fmp087 Member

I actually thought the same thing. If it is an act of random violence why was the girl left unharmed.

Here is my theory: I think the girl was part of the set up. She knew the guys and they were going to extort Landry for money. I think they fired a couple of warning shots to scare Landry. One of them accidentally grazed his leg and he took off. I don't think they anticipated him to just take off and leave the girl like that. After chasing him for a distance (you are not going to catch a 6'9'' athlete) they left. Failed plan.

Farfetched I know.

3. sn09

sn09 Member

That was shot in the leg mind you. I don't know how fast you can run with a bullet lodged in your flesh.
    I don't know, you may be right, but i think i'm going to wait until Landry speaks. Somethign tells me that its just a random attack

4. horryabc

horryabc New Member

crazy!

more information?

5. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Yeah, I'm at work and had to use Paint instead of Paint Shop Pro.

6. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Landry shot, but only out 1-2 weeks?

Looks like the basketball gods don't hate us completely afterall, thank god Landry is alright, he is one of my favourite Rockets.

God bless him and hope he recovers in a week

7. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

As far as I understand, it was a graze, not a penetration. Running might have been extremely painful, but not impossible.

8. napalm06

:D Pretty awesome. Hard to read at first, but awesome. :p

9. YAOandMSC

YAOandMSC Member

All Chinese fans can not believe it.And today on CCTV's NBA live some fans even heard that Landry was killed! :(

10. Rock3t Man

Rock3t Man Contributing Member

LOL! you beat me to it, I would have done the same if I was an athlete, and can get any girl.

11. rznqp

rznqp Member

very sadness to hear that!
    landry,I love this guy!
    I believe that even gun can not stop him! :p

12. TheDreamShake

TheDreamShake Member

I would suggest saying off the streets of houston @ crazy hours of the night. I'm sure he was feeling good after the Hornets game, but it's just not worth it

13. napalm06

Damn. :eek:

14. eveluvsrox

eveluvsrox Contributing Member

its was mexicans not mormons
    but you never know :D :p

15. Rehabstudios

Rehabstudios Member

I saw someone mention the utah jazims might have been involved, but if you asked me its not the jazims. There is someone no one has mentioned with much more motive and a closer proximity to have the connections to pull it off. Mark Cuban is the money man behind this whole thing. If the Rockets slide he solidifies a playoff spot for the his team who are right on the edge.

But seriously getting shot has a way of putting things in perspective for you. Carl could easily say, "This is just a game, just a job. I'm going to spend more time with my family cause you never know when your time is up." On the other hand he could come back with the feeling he was meant to be here and this is what he was meant to do.

16. txtodd

txtodd Member

From the descriptions, clearly one of the dudes was Jose Barea.

17. eveluvsrox

lmaoooooooooooooooo
    that last dallas game i was all like who the hell is thatttttttttttt
    he looks like a mexican leprechaun

18. Lugz504

Lugz504 Member

Do you guys have MS-13 in Houston? The reason I ask is because last summer there was a warning on the local news that a cop had been tipped off to MS-13's new initiation requirement which was to rear end cars and shoot the drivers when they got out of the car. Poor Landry.

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Hopefully it wasn't one of these Ghetto Leprechauns that seem to be spreading
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nda_OSWeyn8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nda_OSWeyn8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

20. eveluvsrox

yes we do and i said that in previous posts..i got an email about this "gang"
    and before i even mentioned it my mom said what i was thinking.