1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are we better without Yao IN THE 4th???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketgenius, Mar 16, 2009.

Tags:
  1. ndnguy85

ndnguy85 Contributing Member

someone save me. i wish i could hide threads. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

2. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Yao is better serve as a finisher and just staying close to the basket for offensive rebounds. The team used to keep dumping the ball to Yao every play during the 4th in the past and he would usually turn the ball over or shoot a bad fadeaway shot. Yao can't create his own offense when the opponents clamp down like other players can.

3. Roxlover

Roxlover Member

We're not better without Yao,

But we're the best with Lawry ,instead of Brooks,standing on the court in 4th quarter!!!

4. smallpotato

smallpotato Member

We are better without Brooks in the 4th,no doubt,And I dont know why RA dont let Lowry finish the game ......
    But ,tonight,RA really made the right decision to let Lowry finish the game ;)

5. tandy11

tandy11 Member

and 1

6. Artesticles

Artesticles Member

What was really fascinating in the 4th quarter was how our lead gradually increased till the very end on the road. How often does that happen?

The key was defense. Our offense wasn't exactly great, but we limited possessions for them because of hustle plays and offensive rebounding. We made our FTs and drew tons of fouls. Look at the free throw differential! :eek:

7. yao.zhao

yao.zhao Member

idiot will do!

8. ibm

ibm Member

you're either biased toward yao or somewhat naive to believe we're better off with yao sitting on the bench in the 4th.

inability to pass him the ball? then all they need is adelman drawing up plays and practice. if he's doubled it's even better 'cause we can exploit the defense elsewhere.

yao's lack of d? he's been the anchor of our defense and he's picked up his d markedly as of late. he's slow on p&r defense at times yes, but that's the hardest play to defend in bball for centers, not just yao. so not a valid reason to bench him in the 4th.

yao needs to use his elbows to secure rebounds. that's all there is to it. landry had key rebounds tonight, but many times he's with yao on the floor in the 4th. i don't see yao snatch landry's rebounds. actually yao's offensive rebounding has gone up since adelman came. his putbacks like the celts game in boston or just saturday night against the spurs comes to mind.

9. big11

big11 Contributing Member

So you are saying you want to play Yao for the first three quarter and sit him for the 4th? Sure why not, if we're going in the 4th quarter with 20 pts lead! If this is not the case then I think your logic is false.

10. JSUB11

JSUB11 Member

How can somebody actually believe this? The OP is just trying to stir things up and infuriate Yao Ming fans.

Why dont the mods lock up this thread before it gets out of hand? We have enough trash threads in this forum as it is.

11. buaajjb

buaajjb New Member

Who can tell me what the IBTL mean?
    Thank you!

12. Malcolm

Malcolm Member

Another thread with Houston fans jump to a conclusion after 1 game

13. metalshred

metalshred Member

It all depends on the situations, there's no point of keeping Yao on the court at the 4th if he can't even move, and Yao MUST be there to close the games when playing against better Center/PFs like DH and Shaq. However, I would love to see more of Deke in the games as well.

14. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

why are u denying it????? it is so obviouse that we feed yao in the 4th and so easy for the other teams to realize that, it happend with the lakers where every time we try to get the ball, someone (kobe) comes in and strip the ball. Dont make yao a god now, i love yao but why dont we just play like last night where everybody contribute.

15. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

or maybe after several games now, where yao is tired and doubled and cant even catch the ball ,but we still feed him, or better word FORCE FEED him even when hes not catching the ball.

16. metalshred

metalshred Member

Did you make this account just to ask what IBTL stands for? Actually there was no need for that, and it stands for "In Before the Lock".

You are welcome. :)

17. tonyrock

tonyrock Rookie

I always knew I can see some idiots and stupid threads like this after a game

18. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Um, if the guy wants to ask a question based on observations when a certain situation took place(no Yao in the 4th) to ROCKETS fans, I don't think he really cares about the Yao Ming fans. Nor should he care. This is a Rockets fan site that existed before Yao came, and will exist long after he is gone.

Now, I think there are too many other factors to be weighed in if this is a good idea or not. Perhaps the better PG play was not so much Lowry but because we werent trying to force it down low to Yao. Maybe Lowry at PG will make Yao's job a bit easier and if we played next game with Yao and Lowry down the stretch we see some different results for Yao.

19. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

So Yao sitting in the 4th is bad, but benching AB in the 4th for Lowry is good? I mean, both are based on one game.

20. MorningDew

MorningDew Member

Your points are merely based on your biased perception based on your long-standing dislike of Yao's game. I understand people like you dont like big guy with a set of skills instead of bull power and bunny jump, but still you have to show your evidence instead your personal preference, especially when you are opening a thread...

Here I list some stat for your reference, hopefully you are looking at it:

Yao

Best Rox player in grabing boards:

Ranks #7 in the NBA in Rebounds Per Game(9.6)

Ranks #7 in the NBA in Total Rebounds(625.0)

Best Rox player in blocking shots:

Ranks #6 in the NBA in Blocks Per Game(1.91)

Ranks #4 in the NBA in Blocks(124.0)

Not to speak that Yao is not a selfish player on the court focusing in building his own Stats, most of time, he just boxed out his own guy and let Scola or Landry secure the easy rebounds.

Anyway, fact speaks for itself... better than one game knee-jerking rxn. You want to bench your best rebounder and blocker on the team to improve your defense, how is that gonna work, hater? :confused: