1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What does coach RA see in Brooks?? What does he see in him over Lowry??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by devin23, Mar 13, 2009.

1. RocketsBearFan

Yao was pretty injured and jacked up in the first 1/3rd of the season. Something about barely recovering from a broken foot or some such nonsense.

2. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Not to mention we had another chucker on the team at the time...

3. ColdspringX

ColdspringX Member

for all those Brooks bandwagoners on this board, I dont wanna say you guys suck at watching basketball, but you guys are probably sucking at this moment...

yeah MJ was a chucker alright but his D was 3 times better than Brooks, sometimes when I watched rox games I found myself wondering, who is the worst defensive PG in NBA? Nash or Brooks?

4. frost123

frost123 Member

no way Brooks is Mike James on speed...Brooks is way faster

5. tsunami

tsunami Member

I don't know what planet he's from. But I live on earth and I agree what he said. Now tell me which planet do you live?

6. redao

redao Member

I thought it would be kind of hard to argue with 80% of winning percentage.

I remember the Rafer days.

yeah.

We had a great, charming, whole heartily beloved by Chinese fans, pure, pass-to-Yao-every-time, never shooting, all defense PG in Rafer and our winning percentage was barely around 50%.

Yet, the day when we traded him, someone whined like we just lost a Magic.

Now, trade Brooks? .........Is this a revenge for Rafer?

7. tsunami

tsunami Member

Excellent thread. 5 star.

8. mich

mich Member

AB should be from bench.

9. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Really? You agree that Brooks is Mike James on speed?

Let see...

They're completely different players on the defensive end of the floor. James had several inches on him. Quite a bit a stronger, better defender overall. On offense, Jame's only real weapon was his jumpshot, and he didn't have even a fraction of the speed Brooks possesses. He also fired up more ill-advised shots than Brooks ever has. Brooks has a decent jumpshot, but is one of the 5 or so fastest players in the league, and can get by anyone at will.

They're completely different players. It's an awful comparison, in every conceivable way. He may as well compare Brent Barry to Harold Minor for all the sense it makes.

10. OlajuwonShake34

Agreed, Mike James was a pretty good defender. Aaron Brooks is one of the worst defenders in the league, not just at the pick n roll too. He really just sucks as an overall defensive PG.

11. mig0s

mig0s Member

So basicly we traded Rafer for Lowry?

12. HueyNewton

HueyNewton Member

I GUARANTEE YOU THAT IF LOWRY WAS STARTING EVERYONE ON HERE WOULD BE MAKING THREADS ABOUT WHY BROOKS ISN'T STARTING. YOU CANNOT SAY THAT LOWRY HAS MORE POTENTIAL THAN BROOKS.

13. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Aaron is our starting PG right now. Get over it.

It's like a broken record every game.

"Why is Aaron playing? Why is Aaron playing?"

Aaron's a scorer, and with Tracy out of the lineup from now on, we need another scorer in the starting lineup.

At least, that's why I want more minutes for Aaron.

14. Chamillionaire

first and foremost, we're playing very well, so why change something that's working. the only problem i've had is his turnovers and also that he's a streaky shooter. when he's on, he'll net you 20. he's a better 3 point shooter and i expect him only to get better.

he's a small pg so he gets abused on the defensive end.

maybe Lowry will take over soon, and AB becoming the 6th man, but this lineup is working.

15. Chamillionaire

addition by subtraction. lose our starting pg but have 2 better one's because of it.

16. Artesticles

Artesticles Member

If we're able to sign Bibby in the offseason, don't be surprised if the Rockets decide to trade Brooks. Once T-Mac's season was over, they traded Rafer to create an experiment at PG. Can Brooks handle it as the starter? Once they find out the answer is no, they'll do something about in. In Morey we trust.

17. chen55

chen55 Member

The main reason for 16:4 is because tmac is off.

18. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Why would you sign a guard thats already in decline and release a young up and comer who is still learning on the fly?

19. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Thats strange, I succinctly recall Bill and Bull lauding Aaron's entry pass skills to Yao earlier on this season. He made a couple bad passes in the last 2 games, but he is only slightly worse than Skip was at getting the ball to Yao.

20. Artesticles

Artesticles Member

Because we're trying to win now? How many years do you think Yao has left? Next year could be T-Mac's last chance. Bibby in decline? He's 30 years old. If we want to win now, our starting PG shouldn't be "learning on the fly". Lowry is a keeper and should back up Bibby.