1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NOH-WAS/UTA-ATL/OKC-DEN/DAL-POR

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ItsMyFault, Mar 10, 2009.

1. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

3/11/09 Western Conference Playoff Positioning

New Orleans @ Washington -- I think New Orleans should be able to win this, I mean it's a gimmie for them, but slippages happen.. Go Wizards!

Utah @ Atlanta -- I think this is the biggest one of the day, I think Atlanta will take this one for two reasons.. 1) They are at home and they really play well at home 2) I think Atlanta has the athleticism and power to play against a physical Utah team Go HAWKS!

Oklahoma City @ Denver -- This should be a pretty easy victory for the Denver, and especially because they have been slipping as of late, but I think they are hungry for a win and this would be a crucial game to drop for them.. The last time these two teams played, it was a close game. Anyways, Go OKC!

Dallas @ Portland -- I honestly believe Dallas can win this game, but It will be hard on the road and without Josh Howard.. Hopefully Dallas can take em!

2. OlajuwonShake34

Dallas is on a back to back..They are playing the Suns today. They have no chance against the Blazers, especially since it's at Portland

Atlanta has a great chance of winning since it's at their homecourt, and since the Jazz have a huge advantage at having homecourt as well.

Hornets-Wizards? Wizards have no chance.

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

None of those games matter more than Lakers and Houston. As long as we win ours then anything else that happens is bonus.

4. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Well obviously... That's not the point of these threads. The point is for discussing the games around the league that will impact seeding and affect the Rockets.. because all 4 of those games will affect the Rockets in some way.

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Did anyone hear Boozer on fan night say "We have as good a chance as anyone, we're gonna have the two seed..."

Cocky much? Utah you can't win games on the road...dang I hope the Hawks smash them.

6. mozart123

mozart123 Rookie

List of players I hate on the Jazz, starting from the most hatred

O'w****
    Kirilenko
    Boozer
    Korver
    Brewer
    Harpring

ATL will smash them tonight

7. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

man i really hope the hawks come with it tonight, they are a tough team at home and the jazz aren't the best on the road (hmm could it be the lack of calls? the crowd not intimidating the refs?)

right now nothing would make me happier in seeing the rockets win:

the hornets lose (super unlikely)
    jazz lose (possible)
    denver lose (unlikely but you never know with either of these teams)
    portland lose (yeah they are closer to us need more separation from them)

8. mozart123

mozart123 Rookie

quite likely, Nowitzki has been hot against the Blazers.

9. ScriboErgoSum

ScriboErgoSum Contributing Member

I think Utah's streak ends tonight, and the Hawks will win.

The Hornets will destroy the Wizards, especially after they dropped their last game.

Enver should win, but I don't know. The first two games between these teams were close, and I never underestimate the Nuggets ability to lose games. I think the Nuggets will win, but I would not all be surprised to see them choke this away.

Tough call between the Blazers and Mavs, but I'll go with the Mavs. They have to be feeling good after they took out the Suns, and they are 2-0 against the Blazers this year.

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Hornets will slam the Gizards

Utah will lose to Atlanta if the Hawks play their "A" or "B" game. Otherwise, Utah has a good chance.

Denver will smack the Thunder down hard.

If the Blazers bring their "A" game, they will beat the Mavs, but I think they are due for a letdown.

11. mozart123

mozart123 Rookie

great start to Atl- j*zz game, 13-4 ATL lead.

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Wow Atlanta's stadium...maybe they just come late but that is a 4th seed team, cmon Atlanta.

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Oh wow, charging foul then a Technical... Cool down Joe, they are going to flop worse than that, trust me.

14. mozart123

mozart123 Rookie

Jerry Sloan is the most overrated coach in basketball, punk has never won a damn thing, the NBA will be better off when he dies.

15. cujo

cujo Member

i have link for jazz vs Atlanta if its ok to post it here

16. airbulllard

airbulllard Contributing Member

come on wizards!! doubt it will last but it could happen!

17. cujo

cujo Member

18. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

One of the worst posts ever... on more than one level.

19. ScriboErgoSum

This is why you're a rookie. You might not like the Jazz, and you might not respect the style of play they employ, but you're way out of line to call him a punk or a loser. You're a pretty sorry excuse of a poster to wish for his death. Thankfully most Clutch Fans have a lot more class than you.

20. ScriboErgoSum

Chris Paul and Deron Williams both looking terrible in the first half. I'm feeling good about our chances tonight.