1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Rockets 93, Grizzlies 83

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 8, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

Haha! Denver lost to Sacramento!

Firmly at #3... well, no ties this time, Utah back 0.5. If we beat Denver tomorrow (and their starters played the entire game), we'll have a healthy 2 games on 'em.

2. fffffffaint

fffffffaint Member

Now tough time is coming~~~

3. sephiroth.hk

sephiroth.hk Member

nuggets is very good in home game like jazz.
    rockets must play with energy tomorrow to beat them...

4. kwng

kwng Member

Good win. What's with Battier nowadays? He kept throwing bricks. I hope he get back into shooting practice.

5. Dei

Dei Member

Same rookie class.

6. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

I am not worried about Denver at all, they are going to fall off fast, they'll get past up by the Jazz and Hornets

7. dave18

dave18 Member

nice win! let's beat nuggets tonight! damn, I will have to tolerate those 2 denver commentators. they are disgusting.

8. albuster

albuster Member

Nice game. Relatively good officiating too and that's what is needed to make the games enjoyable, win or lose.

9. zokay

zokay Member

10. houstonsnk

houstonsnk Member

Great win tonight, cant wait till tomorrow, well tonight, against Denver.

11. sean_chz

sean_chz Member

a great win

12. OpportunityCost

Also on a positive note...I am glad that Artest cut down on his shot attempts, only 10 today. He seemed to be passing alot more. In the Utah game he shot too many forced and contested shots...we need to get back to the ball movement that we had in the Cleveland game...

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Nuggets are in a funk so hopefully they'll stay in their funk for tommorow.

Get good win boost team confidence against the Lakers.

Lakers won't be so lucky this time, they won't be sending Rafer Alston to the FT line :D and Battier and Artest were still kinda hurt...they are in full force now...ask Lebron.

14. smallpotato

smallpotato Member

Yao's show time!
    I hope he would show up tommorow!Block NENE :cool:

15. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

I like Von's aggressiveness even if his shot isn't falling. I'm loving this team. Lowry is a mini-Artest. he is quite a physical player and really quarterbacks the team well. Scola is a beast. Yao is being more consistently dominant. Artest has been killer from downtown. Landry was blocking shots. I see our team coming together.

We are attacking the basket much better these days. Seems we are getting more offensive rebounds as a result.

In the West 3-8 are so close. A win tomorrow night in Denver would keep us on top, and closing in on SA. Denver will come out ready to play after faltering to the Kings.

Then we've got Lakers and SA coming up...
    New Orleans...
    then revenge on Utah.

16. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

i can tolerate some home team bias, but that one guy is just awful.
    it pains me to listen to him. physically pains me.

17. fayesun

fayesun Member

wow
    The Nuggets lost to the Kings tonight and they dropped to the 7th spot??
    :eek:
    One lose is gonna be costly.

18. Wooderson

Wooderson Member

I am loving this TEAM right now (and yes, the emphasis on "team" was intentional).

I'm liking how we're starting to see patterns emerging from different lineups.

Brooks and Lowry on the floor together seem to give teams fits. Throw in Wafer and we actually have a team who will run and penetrate.

Battier and Artest - Batt-man and Ron-Ron...they are our lock-down combo on the league's stars.

Artest and Scola - I don't know how to describe it, but these two just seem to feed off of each other. The on-court awareness between the two has been absolutely sick at times!

I didn't get to see the entire game tonight, but I saw enough to be happy (and yes, cringe now and then). These are the games that we need to win...no, let me rephrase that - these are the games we should expect to win. Let's hope that they keep this up!

19. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Can some1 explain to me how this is a succesfull win when you cannot even hold on to a 20+ pt lead in the final 4 minutes, even with players who do not normally get a lot of minutes ? Can some1 please tell me what happened in the last 4 minutes ?

Also why did Wafer get a technical and how come he put up so many shots, how was he playing ?

For the rest it sounds it went great for 3 and a half quarter, especially shot blocking, rebounding and shooting percentage wise. Artest is really playing great even when he's not scoring much; his percentages have been around 50% lately which is something that with T-mac and his bad ankle never happened.

A win is a win, especially with the crazy Western Conference just like last year. There's a lot less focus on it by the media but it's just as crazy as last year.

20. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

Now the Nuggets come.

I think they will not come unprepared, Rockets gotta show resilient and win that came.

Playoffs game usually bounce back from tough losses and Nuggets just lost two in a row, one to worst WC team.