1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bill Worrell

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by WhoMikeJames, Mar 8, 2009.

1. DOHCtah

DOHCtah Member

or the deep redneck hick twang of the Memphis dude.

2. yao123

yao123 Member

stfu...bill worrell is the best dam comm there is....

3. tofu--

tofu-- Member

Bill is fantastic, you haters.

4. RocketsBearFan

I can't believe you guys are complaining about homerism. The amount we get screwed over by the refs, some homerism once in a while is refreshing.

5. MD_in_Training

Sure, he's biased, but have you heard the Boston commentator Tommy Heinsohn? He's considered easily the most biased commentator in the business. I remember a year years ago (pre-Big 3), when he went on a two-minute rant about how Scalabrine should have been an All-Star.

6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Right on.

7. natrix964909

natrix964909 Member

It's pretty hard to evaluate him since he has to sit next to the flaming dog turd that is Clyde Drexler.

8. Streets 01

Streets 01 Member

Bull > Bill

However, I have league pass too, and my favorite commentator is easily

Walter "Clyde" Frazier

I love that guy for some reason.

9. Artesticles

Artesticles Member

Just bring back Calvin and let him do all the talking. That'll shut up Bill by default.

10. hotpotato

hotpotato Member

Many times I had to listen to commentators for other teams because Rockets feed wasn't available, and at times I was bored/annoyed to death, that when I realize what a fantastic commentator Bill is! IMHO Rockets and fans are lucky to have Bill doing the broadcasting.

11. MD_in_Training

Frazier gets the award for least biased commentator in the league.

12. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Bill is still the best CC on TV. (Except for Gundy)

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

He's a human!
    all you people want is more more more!
    Leave Worrell ALONE!!!
    your lucky he even comments for you bastards!!

14. dero72

dero72 Member

I think Bill's problem is not Bill...it's the fact that he doesn't have the color-commentary companionship that he needs...the humor mixed with knowledge and basketball IQ.

Yea, Im talking about my boy Calvin Murphy.

BRING C.Murph back...and the commentating will be more exciting, funnier, and interestingly enough, more intellectually alluring from a B-Ball IQ point of view.

15. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

Bill's not perfect, but he's very good. Carrying Clyde might weigh on him a little bit though.

16. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

I have absolutely no problem listening to his commentating on the game,homerism is nuff' new to every fans.I've been watching some other games on their home telecast.That,definitely,is annoying when they shows how loyal they are to their team and no credits to the opponents.

Come on,it's no big deal if you're a Rockets fan,I don't buy the fact that you wanna hear some comments that's gonna flame himself.

17. mozart123

mozart123 Rookie

I could get past his homerism and his mistakes when he calls the language of Argentina Argentinean or says Argentinian national team, its Argentine but oh well I don't want to be too picky about things, he a good commentator, he praises other players from opposing teams and commends players on the rockets and when he sees dumb plays he calls it out too.

18. dero72

dero72 Member

i still have a little harmless bone to pick with Les Alexander because of the way Calvin was sort of left out to dry.

Wasn't right.

19. warbirdzone

warbirdzone Contributing Member

Bill Worrell is a super homer, but I like him that way. On the other hand, I felt very uncomfortable listening to Clyde Drexler's goofy laugh sometimes. It's almost like I'm embarrassed for him when he goes heh...heh...heh.... :confused:

20. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

LOL, yeah so true about the magic trick thing. Clyde isn't that bad IMO. Just that everytime the Rockets hit a big shot he yells "YES" in the background.