1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[rockets.com]Shaq and Yao sound off

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The_Yoyo, Mar 6, 2009.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

True, but the Rockets were a better team and never choked in the clutch. That's why it was a sweep.

Plus, no one ever tried the Hack A Dream strategy.

2. joesr

joesr Member

that goes both ways guy, even more for Yao, how many times has he put multiple C's on the same team in trouble.

Both ways guy.

3. n_naik1

n_naik1 Member

This is a really awesome article. I like the way it ends.

4. Rocketaggie89

Rocketaggie89 Member

I think both yao and shaq need to step up and speak about flopping. They are both highly recognized and credible around the league, and i think if they came out publicly and said something it would affect how flopping is around the league. Stern's not gonna fine yao, seriously with all of that revenue he brings in, and shaq probably doesent even care anyways about getting fined :cool:

5. jasonmicron

jasonmicron Member

I know they made a pretty funny Taco Bell commercial.

I'm not really a fan of Shaq but I will say that his personality is just pure awesome, especially his sense of humor. Seeing him in that cap while riding that doubles bike with Hakeem was just funny as hell.

6. ralphabetsoup

ralphabetsoup Member

It's going to be a good old-school Center fest. Too bad ESPN or TNT isn't covering the game like they used to in the 'old days' of the Shaq/Yao matchup.

Cleve/Boston and Utah/Denv are getting the nod tonight. Down with Utah.

7. OlajuwonShake34

Yeah, I saw it on YouTube. Here it is boys.
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JnyWar8uOTI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JnyWar8uOTI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

8. OlajuwonShake34

Yeah it sucks. That's one thing I really enjoyed about when Yao played Shaq. They would always be on National T.V, Although I do have NBA League pass. I prefer ESPN or TNT announcers over ours. Not to mention, You don't always get the Houston announcers.

9. roxwin

roxwin Member

I guess you didnt watch the basketbell recently

10. sgt.pepper

sgt.pepper Member

i don't know what Shaq is talking about. when Yao was new in the NBA, no doubt Shaq would be doubled team, Yao couldn't guard Shaq one on one. But i think the last 3 years its been the other way around. Miami (when Shaq was there) and now Phoenix they've been double and triple teaming Yao, and Yao plays Shaq one on one.