1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

People who wanted trade Artest!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bratna8, Mar 2, 2009.

1. sgt.pepper

sgt.pepper Member

i'd keep artest in the off season. the real question is...... trade tracy this off season or keep him for his contract.

2. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I believe Clutch made it clear that the Rockets were trying to move him. He mentioned some off the court issues. But when T-Mac went down, all that went out the window.

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah...I think we have a shot at getting Bosh in 2010 unless the rumor of him and Bosh going to NYK is true.

If it isn't...why wouldn't Bosh want to come back to Texas?

But Bosh or Joe Johnson are the only two ones I can see us getting.

4. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

Did he won us a Championship without me knowing? I WANTED HIM GONE. One of the main reasons was that Tmac wasn't playing well with him, and one had to go, with Grady out for the season that made the decision for the Rox to stick with Ron. He still manages to shoot some uncalled for shots, but still I never hated the guy. Rox still need another player at the 2 or 3 to contend for the ring.

5. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

Easy to make a thread like this AFTER you have seen everything play out. OP, please don't make dickish and dumb threads like this.

6. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

I think Bosh is overrated, but he is solid, I rather have Landry and Scola for about 10 million a year (not exact #s) than 20 a year. Stick with Ron and sign a good player, don't waste it all on a so called superstar

7. jedicro

jedicro Member

The clear, logical choice was to trade Artest before the deadline. He has an expiring contract, wasn't playing well, the team was struggling, and we had holes that could be filled. Then T-Mac went down.

They decided from that point that trading away Artest when you would no longer have McGrady would pretty much murder the season, plus he may play better without sharing the ball with McGrady, which he has. Therefore they decided to just make a minor adjustment with the Rafer trade.

People weren't just hating on Artest. He was the logical trading option given all the information. I'm glad we didn't though.

8. Alfredo82

Alfredo82 Member

trade him for who?
    like a drama again.

9. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Without Artest right now we wouldn't be worth nothing. We would be like the Lakers without Kobe. Artest is the heart of this team along with Mutombo. Yao is growing a pair too and that's good to see. Scola has become better. Saying all that we are a very underestmiated team imo.

10. Yao#1

Yao#1 Member

You act like the team was looking to trade Artest for simply a salary dump. Artest is a borderline All star and it appears the two guys we could have been after (Davis and Carter) are also borderline all stars. So trading him wouldnt have been a surrender on the season.

More importantly, Artest hasnt changed his game that much during the winning streak. He is still shooting a ton of threes and a bunch of fade away and off balance shots. The difference is lately they have been going in. He definitely is playing well right now, but everyone looks like they are playing well when they make shots ie: Rafer.

Wait till Artest has two or three games where his shot doesnt fall and he looks like the Bulls game during the last five minutes. Then everyone will be back on here screaming how we should have traded him for Mike Miller.

I hope he is resigned for a reasonable amount. My fear is he is going to want a big raise. Its unlikely any team will give it to him with the economic conditions. That being said he might feel the Rox owe it to him especially if they advance in the playoffs. It could drag out all summer like the Landry deal did, and who knows how Ron responds to not feeling like he got the love he deserved.

Whatever happens, it all looks good right now.

11. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

You guys are stupid and don't know basketball if you think trading Artest will help out the team. Yea so you that lazy non-competitive Tmac to lead this team?? Who shoot at a horrible rate and taking a majority of the shots from Yao?? Who don't play shyt on defense?? Who lack desire and who is injured-prone and a curse to this team every year??

Artest is an example of someone that work hard and competitive and will do anything to win game...you can't ask any more than that out of a player. You guys obviously don't know what's good in front of you and take things for granted. If he's traded, you will be sorry.

12. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Holy crap.....so Artest was the reason why TMac wasn't playing good :confused: :confused: :confused:

You're one of those guys who blamed Artest for TMac's poor play......the guy was trying to play on one leg which he never got right cause he was too lazy to rehab the right way.

13. TheMountainTop

Ron Artest has played real well after he has been put up into our lineup.

His defense seems to be coming back.

A combination of him and battier in our starting 5 is great.

The only thing i dont like about him is that he sometimes gets over zealous and jacks up ill advised shots but I think he is getting much better with that since tmac has been out.

I would like him to go inside more.

Overall I am glad we didnt trade him and especially not to the Clippers.

14. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

With the Alston trade, the Rockets clearly looked towards the future, so trade Artest away to get high draft picks, or some young talent would be a smart move.

Artest can have some good offensive nights like what he had in the past few days, he has showed that with the Kings and the Pacers in the past. But he has also showed that his offense was not consistent, his shot select has always been a problem, and more often than not, he lost his cool on the court from time to time, ended up caused his teams' games.

It's obvious that Artest is not in the Rockets' long team plan, they have tried very hard to move him before the deadline.

15. worzel gummidge

And he said he was worth $12M to a reporter last year. He won't be happy with of half of that. IMO the Rockets should look to for a S&T in the off-season...

16. liangdiwang

liangdiwang New Member

阿泰绝对物超所值,用好了能帮姚明拿冠军,而如果交易就太可惜了。

17. Classic

Classic Member

He might be worth 12 mil a season if it were the good times of 2004/2005. Given the state of the economy, he'll probably be offered something like 4 years 30 mil. If he holds out for more, you could probably end up saying 'Artest pulled a Bonzi.'

18. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

his locker room antics had nothing to do with my desire to trade him, granted i only had desire to trade him before tmac was hurt. it is his desire to sometimes go off the reservation and just go into me mode...you people talk about tmac in that respect, but how can you ignore artest's crazy antics? it's like every time we lose a game we criticize how he doesn't pass and he takes stupid shots, but when we win, it's like yah go artest! he's our hero! we need him now, but management has to decide where theyre going with tmac, if they plan to try and trade him for some decent role players than i would keep artest and make him and yao our guys, but if we plan to try and resurect tmac, well than forget it he can not play onside of artest, it just won't work and i think we saw that briefly this year...when will yall listen

19. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

how do you sign and trade a contract that already expired? that is if you are referring to the contract of artest...

20. ferrarif1286

ferrarif1286 Member

artest's FG went through the ceilings now without tslacker coming in and out of lineup.