1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

finally, adelman succeeds modelling yao to brad miller

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Birdrocket, Mar 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. BornRedIn87

BornRedIn87 Member

Probably the best analysis of people on this board I have seen, and that is why it has now become my signature, so people know where they fall in line...

2. Lovemachine2000

I guess I am both one and three then...

3. antstep

antstep Member

I agree with you. it's a leader better than a super

4. dionysus180

dionysus180 Member

no happiness on yaos face when hes leaving the floor.......... :mad:

5. santawood

santawood Member

Rick does not like superstar. He only likes his boy Brooks. He destroyed TMac. Yao is next...

6. Jonhty

Jonhty Member

that's because delusional fans making threads like this blaming it on all people but yao for not being a superstar every other day.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Don't you think that other teams know this too, and will double team him or front him more frequently?

During those times it is up to his teamates to take advantage.

DD

8. Gwalchmai

Gwalchmai Member

I may be posting in ignorance because I did not see the game last night, but wasn't this a back to back? Might that have something to do with Yao's minutes? Also, if you see that your offense is not effective against a given reason, for whatever reason, isn't wise to do something else.

Just an aside. One of the things that is nice about having a strong post presence is that you force the other team to gameplan for it. Even if Yao plays minimal minutes the other team has to account for when he is in the game. If a team is versatile enough to switch to another style of play, I think it puts the defense at a disadvantage. I'll worry about Yao when teams don't have to front and double him.

9. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

The rockets were doing fine last night, so was Yao. When your team won the game, and your center had seven blocks, other people scored, you would not need worry anything. By the way, Brooks was fine last night too, I was so mad on him on the Bulls's game, but he did good job last night.

10. ILoveTheRockets

AHAHAHAH literally spit water on myself

11. fogo11606

fogo11606 Member

So do you mean if every team front Yao then he can't drop 20+ and most likely we'll lose cause we keep taking jump shots?

Fronting is not the problem, need a sure way to beat fronting is.

12. A13

A13 Member

If everybody in this team can shoot more than 50%, I would SAY: OK, Shoot what-ever you want.
    But, If you shoot 20-30%, then you are 2nd Maclazy,
    will hurt the team... Do you Understand?

13. yxgemini

yxgemini Member

double-team happens when the rival team thinks that our team has a player they can't contain by 1-on-1. this is basically good news. Yao's teammates should be happy when it happens, and take advantage out of it. instead, they often panic. sometimes Yao panics too.

another more panicking-rising tactics:fronting. in its nature, fronting is also good news. that's means the other teams center/PF admitted his inferiority. giving up head-on defence, giving up his trench position, just try to block our C's ball entry with his body. that's time for our other players to make use of it! either make their own play, or break-in pass to Yao, then the fronting guy lost his defence already. instead, they panic almost every time. in one sentence, Rox don't have good plan B, barely any plan C. this is a real serious prolem.

it is even not curious why Rox beat so many good teams, lost too many to lowly teams. the key word is fronting. good teams tend to have good C/PF, they are too dignified to do the fronting job. Duncan doesn't front Yao. nor shark,gasol, bynum,chandler,howard,etc. they don't front and take on Yao with the faces, and got facialed most of the time. Cavs is another story. big Z is just too slow for the job, dignified or not.wolves, weak team with a fine big man, Al J. could beat Yao to ashes in the 1st Q., but since he doesn't front Yao, he could't stop Yao from coming back and outplay him in the next 3 Q's.

scrub big men don't give a **** about dignity. they admit their role, keep fronting Yao, and it works! who's fault? not enough plan B, no plan C. when plan A repressed, the team works with no plan at all. then they panic with a good reason.

14. ObiOneManu

ObiOneManu Member

can't agree more.
    most likely rox have no method.

15. Birdrocket

Birdrocket Member

i just don't know what happened in that game with chicago. the team collapsed with no solution at all. it's not the first time maybe not the last. that's why i am questioning adelman. is his system really working for a team without super star?