1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Rockets 105, Timberwolves 94

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 1, 2009.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

Because DH is superman and Yao Ming is the great wall of glass? I don't know about you but I certainly wouldn't want our season to go down the drain because Yao broke his leg fighting for position while up by 16 with 2 mins to go :rolleyes:

2. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I have an idea...

Let's sit Yao down for the rest of the season and then start playing him again come playoff time.

To hell with the team... let's dedicate the rest of the year to resting Yao.

3. Pueblo

Pueblo Member

Not a big deal to leave Yao there. It was not like Yao was taxing hard. Just because a chinese commentator made a stupid comment about "punishment", it is no problem for Yao to play a few more minutes.

But I still don't like how Rockets played against fronting of Yao.

4. robywang

robywang Member

So you are saying every center is constantly fronted/doubled/tripled every game?

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Why do people think RA wants Yao to be tired?

Has no one thought that Yao wants to play these minutes?

RA is trying to solve the fronting problem. It is a HUGE problem because teams make our BEST player USELESS.

If we don't solve it, we will be one and done, because Artest isn't Michael Jordan.

Yao plays about the same minutes as 57 year old Shaq. Shaq tried to sit out back to backs and found out IT WASN'T WORKING.

So did Tmac try the same thing.

You know what Rehab is? It's warming your body up and keeping your muscles strong. Playing these minutes will help Yao in the future.

6. jkckwong

jkckwong Member

I agree but if Yao looks tired and can't contribute it is not wise to still trying force-feed him and seeing his TOs. It is common sense that a tired body is vulerable to injuries and we don't want to see that happened to Yao.

Some people said Rox can practise how to tackle the fronting strategy but if Yao is tired should Rox take the risk just for "practise" purpose?

7. fffffffaint

fffffffaint Member

Win is good.
    But I begin to worry.

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I'm saying every Center fights for position.

Whether it is being fronted or not. Dwight Howard fights for position HARDER than Yao because he only has moves right around the basket.

9. RocketsHero

RocketsHero Member

was this before or after Brian C judoed Yao to the ground?

was this before or after we were up 16 with 1:51 to go, after a timeout yao is still on the court?

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

Well I have a better idea. Why don't we play Yao Ming only when needed, like when the game is still on the line? :rolleyes:

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

These minutes will not hurt Yao. He could get injured in the first 5 mins of a game. Injuries usually are not accumulative. Yao will get a day's rest and be ready to go. His body will be sore just like everyone's else but he'll be ready to go. Injuries are more bad luck than anything else unless you're out of shape like Tmac or Baron Davis.

12. nerdyyatrice

nerdyyatrice Member

good win but we still need to solve the fronting problem. Either feed YAO relentlessly or take him out!!

13. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Here's another idea, let's stop getting so damn worried about Yao playing 3 extra minutes tonight...

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Have to solve the fronting problem.

This is not something RA only does folks. A lot of coaches use garbage time as practice. I've seen Phil do it especially.

This is a big problem where the other team can make your best player useless.

Just picture if there was a way to instantly take the ball away from Kobe or Lebron......their teams would be right around where ours is now.

15. roxfan4life00

roxfan4life00 Member

Good win. Would have been great if we had won in Chicago because we would have been just that much closer to the Spurs and perhaps 1/2 game behind with the Nuggets for third place. :( :(

16. jkckwong

jkckwong Member

If Yao is 4 inches shorter, 40 lbs. lighter, don't have to tackle double- and treble- teams, don't have to run up and down the court under Coach Adelman's motion offense system, yes he can. If the score is close and Rox is just leading a few points, yes he must. But if Rox is leading 15 points in the last 2-3 minutes, why risk the chance of injuring Yao?

17. robywang

robywang Member

You sounded like every center spends about same effort to fight for position no matter against what kind of defense.
    It's MUCH HARDER to fight for position if you are fronted/doubled/tripled all the time.

18. Laoyi

Laoyi Member

Don't ask me why but ask Adelman? He can not use any center with Yao's size 16 min without a break in the start of the game, even Kobe rests after 12 min.

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Dwight runs as much as Yao, plays more minutes per game than Yao, and has to fight through double and triple teams also.

Dwight has to fight harder because he can only score directly around the rim unlike Yao.

20. robywang

robywang Member

You obviously have no idea about being more injury-prone when tired.