1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Bulls 105, Rockets 102

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 28, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Well,

I blame tracy, his lazy eye hypnotized ron to crazy on that last shot,

That was why he was pisted at the end of the game...

:rolleyes:

2. rhino17

rhino17 Member

name one other time AB has lost this team a game?

3. ibm

ibm Member

the spurs when they didn't have either parker or manu. his 1st game as a starter.

coincidentally or not, we collapsed in that game almost in identical fashion.

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Lol I know right.

AB is only 10-2...I mean dang Brooks, stop losing us all these games! :mad:

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

"The Rockets had addressed their problems at home. They got better and they won games, six in a row to move to fourth in the Western Conference.

They could not, however, do anything about their shortcomings on the road.

That was to come when they got to Chicago.

Instead, their six-game winning streak ended with a fourth-consecutive road loss. And not only has winning on the road moved up as a problem still in need of repairs, they also left town reminded that they must do something about their inability to punish teams for fronting Yao Ming, as the Bulls did in the second half to all but expel him from the game.

This was not a return to Milwaukee or Memphis, where lethargy beat the Rockets in their previous road games. They played hard. And Aaron Brooks needs games like these to progress. He is tough enough to take a few whippings and come back stronger."

http://blogs.chron.com/nba/2009/02/yao_and_rockets_lead_disappear.html

I agree with the underlined text. This was not a good loss, but we did not lose because we gave a lackluster poor effort. We played hard and just didn't execute down the stretch. I can take losses if we're giving it our best.

6. blender

blender Member

Tough lesson to learn but one that should make the team better. Bulls did a good job keeping our PGs from penetrating which really put a damper on the Rockets' offense.

Probably mentioned by others in this thread, but we really could've used Landry in this game.

7. kaiziW

kaiziW Member

How can it happen ?we have 17pt lead in 4th Q.Can't understand! :mad:

8. Chamillionaire

it's been hours after the game and i'm still p*ssed. i can't believe how they can let that lead slip. unbelievable. literally. :mad: this is where a healthy mac would have helped us. overall, everyone played well, yao had his usual mediocre game against noah and miller, c'mon, he oughta have had 30 pts and at least 12 boards.

9. Chamillionaire

i can't accept a loss where we let a lead like that slip, i doubt the lakers or the celtics, magic or the cavaliers would let a lead like that slip.

10. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

And I think we need to get past the expectation that the Rockets are as good as the Lakers, Celtics, Magic or Cavs.

11. santawood

santawood Member

what is wrong with Landry? is he out for the season?
    and what about Chuck?

Why only Yao and Scola played as post players?

12. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

im nto sure about Carl but as for Hayes, I think hes resting his shoulder. I think he tweaked that should during the Cavs game.

13. hiephopp

hiephopp Member

I predicted this loss...don't get me wrong, i am a ultimate rockets fan, but the way things went tonight, makes me wonder if the nba is truly rigged. Read the facts, the bulls are 27-33, rockets are 37-22...yet chicago was favored by 1 point in betting. How does that make any sense?? Houston has a 17 point lead in the fourth, but somehow manage to lose by 3. HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN???? :confused: Can somebody make any sense of this? I know the rockets were out hustled tonight, but some of the calls and non calls were just ridiculous.

14. Setuablaz3

Setuablaz3 Rookie

And some wise guy tried overselling me on RA.

2 seasons with Yao and yet fronting defense by a poor team shuts him down. So much for his motion offense.

I dont know how many times I've talked about Artest value to this team and also mentioned its not to try and be another t-mac. I really thought he was joking when he said "LBJ was a new and improved version of ron artest.". I was not even close...

15. tandy11

tandy11 Member

look at our great pg :eek: :eek:

16. That Kid 13

That Kid 13 Member

Artest is a warrior. The heart is there, but just makes some dumb decisions sometimes.

17. neo_tony

neo_tony Member

100% agree

18. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

- I dont understand all the hypes about Brooks, so many fans say he's a better shooter than Alston. But the stats tells you Brooks's career FG% is only ~ .015 better than Alston. That's not too much at all.

What's the difference between Brooks and Head? Brooks has speed while Head is a better shooter. Head may be even a better PG than Brooks. Today's Head is tomorrow's Brooks. It's the same old story. You cant masquerade a small SG (only .400 FG% and he's a good shooter?) into a PG becoz he has speed.

- Artest is not the dude u want to have the ball if your team need to score at the end of game.

- Yao, as always, only have good games against some RIGHT matchups. Speed always kill Yao. Teams front him hard with bigs always kill Yao. Yao was basically out of gas in 3rd qtr in last nite's game. Yao couldnt leave his feet to grab a rebound in 4th qtr (0 pt, 1 defensive rbd from freethrow).

- Here we go, 3 games from out of the playoffs and the Rockets have the hardest schedule.

19. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

1. Brooks is better because he is young. He will get better at things much like how most young guys do..

2. He was incredibly hot and outside of him and Yao, no one could create a shot.

3. No Landry..donno why Rick wont use Deke at all.

4. Lets just pray..though I do think that we can pull this off and get HCA.

20. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Can this game be our wake up call like the 1994 wcsf's game 2 where the team also blew a 20pt lead in the 4th only to come back strong in game 3.
    This was the ultimate Choke City job ever so maybe we can become more Clutch than ever, let's hope so :(