1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Aaron brooks Inexpierence Is Going To Kill Us

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by astros148, Feb 28, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Republic

Republic Member

Rose is on the Bulls, who had very little legitimate playoff expectations. They're essentially a perennial rebuilder. Rose can afford to receive on-the-job training.

The Rockets however..well, I'm not going to state the obvious about expectations and the like.

2. Republic

Republic Member

I agree it may not be one person's fault, but when I begin holding people accountable for this lousy performance, I start at the most obvious places. Need I say more?

3. tonyrock

tonyrock Rookie

Anyone can tell me will the coach see our BBS???

4. oldyellow

oldyellow Member

The coach never trust new guys in the fourth!!!

5. tonyrock

tonyrock Rookie

Yeah ,If we insist on using AB as the starting PG, we are rebuilding~

6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

This is probably my third 'pot meets kettle' post of the day. And again I am hypocritical by posting it... but I just can't resist... :D

7. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Hopefully Adelman has better things to do than worry about hundreds of chicken littles squawking on a BBS after a loss. :cool:

8. tonyrock

tonyrock Rookie

Rebuilding around AB? :mad: :D

9. bulk

bulk Member

No, DD. It's not about overall how many games we won because we could've won all those with Airballston. The main reason is lockroom issues solved and the team start clicking.

It's about how AB will react when game is on the line. It's about how he'll face elite PGs at play-off. I knew his defence is weak, but what concerns me is not only he's SO weak but his offence gets also affected when his defence assignment is heavy.

That ain't work when he face Deron or Parker or even Fisher.

10. yuisakata

yuisakata Member

Growing pains are necessary and inevitable. Give AB/KL some time before burying them with Rafer's airballs.

Let's hope this doesn't happen in the playoffs.

11. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

As a young PG, Brooks will have up & down, and make a lot of mistakes, this is just part of the process, we all have to get used to it.

12. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

bah. The final 2 plays. Its all artest.... Just because his having a hot night, he thinks whatever shot i throw up will go in.....

Yes, AB is getting killed by rose who is giving him fits, as he cant speed away from him like others. But just look at the final few plays.

5:50 Ron Artest makes 19-foot jumper
    5:16 Aaron Brooks misses driving layup
    4:43 Ron Artest misses 19-foot jumper
    3:58 Ron Artest misses 26-foot three point jumper
    3:56 Luis Scola offensive rebound
    3:56 shot clock violation
    3:24 Ron Artest turnover
    2:49 Luis Scola offensive foul (Brad Miller draws the foul)
    2:49 Luis Scola turnover
    2:15 Ron Artest makes 26-foot three point jumper
    1:44 Aaron Brooks bad pass (Derrick Rose steals)
    1:25 Ron Artest misses 27-foot three point jumper
    0:46 Luis Scola misses 14-foot jumper
    0:19 Ron Artest misses 26-foot three point jumper
    0:18 Shane Battier offensive rebound
    0:14 Ron Artest misses 25-foot three point jumper
    0:10 Yao Ming defensive rebound
    0:01 John Salmons blocks Ron Artest's 19-foot jumper

13. alcatrazpsycho

How does that work?

14. gta

gta Member

There's a reason I hated Rafer trade and tonight's game shows it. Noboby likes Rafer's fg%. But you simply can't ignore the good things he brings to the team. Rafer is a heck of a leader. He's way smarter than Artest and Yao in that aspect. He knows when and how to control the tempo. He can get the ball to the right people. He isn't afraid to pass the ball to Yao while Brooks simply have no idea how to make the entry pass. Not to mention Rafer is a pretty good team defender. Remember how our team struggled without Rafer last year?

I'm not bashing Brooks. I like him as a player. I just don't think he's ready yet.

When they announced the Rafer trade, I first reaction was wtf, did they just give up the season? While the trade may look pretty good in the long run, it just destroyed any hope we have for this season. Don't get me wrong, we are still going to make the playoffs. We may even get past the 1st round. However we'd have a much better chance to do some real damage with Rafer as the PG. You just don't trade your veteran starting PG away when there's less than 30 games left in the season!

That said, what's done is done. Maybe we should give Lowry a shot. Overall he's a better PG than Brooks at this moment.

15. s3ts

s3ts Member

There's no question about it.

The trade for Lowery for Rafer was a gamble.

There's a good chance next season, we'll be seeing a huge upgrade for the Guard position.

16. ibm

ibm Member

this discussion should not involve rafer. he's gone anyway.

personally i'd prefer lowry start over brooks. but aaron only has started 10 or so games and is in his 2nd year. the guy needs a little time.

the move by morey was a bit dicey, anyways. at this point, we can only hope that at least one of our 2 young guns will work THIS YEAR.

17. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

Airball

18. ferrarif1286

ferrarif1286 Member

Sometimes AB's decision making makes you headache and the 2nd to last possession of this game when he turns the ball over trying to pass to yao on a drive shows he is still far away from being a quality pg in the league.

19. dreamrockets

dreamrockets Member

Brooks is not starting material. He also ran the 4 th quater in the Blazer game and almost costed us that game. Tonight, he is totally lost. We will see more and more with him doing the job. He cannot run a team yet.

20. jadednaga

jadednaga Member

Brooks simply doesnt have PG fundamentals. Lowry on the other hand, the moment he dribbles and has control in fast break, traffic you know he is way more fundamentally sound. He gets his passes into Yao very well. It's his shooting that is weak but he sure can drive with the contact better than Brooks. Lowry should be the starting PG overall and Brooks can be the spark off the bench. How can Adelman and his assitants not see this?