1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Quote from T-Mac

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by roxwin, Feb 27, 2009.

1. jteg25

jteg25 Member

the problem with t-mac is he is too freaggin honest...you dont think that yao hasnt had the same thoughts of if i had kobe or d-wade were i would be? hes just smart enough not to say them. it just sounds like alot of excuses of why he hasnt had success. the article is true...all great players bi***..its just that you become greater when you learn not to open your mouth up to the media. thanks tmac for providing YOUR OWN TEAM with bulletin board material for the stretch run. maybe we should thank him for the motivation? ;)

2. Pringles

Pringles Member

Wow!

And I thought Iverson was worse...

HEY TMAC!

Iverson led a team that was far worse than yours to the freaking FINALS!

His excuses are very lame. His injury is the only one that makes sense. The, oh I didn't play with Shaq, Duncan, is pissing me off.

For all we care, Duncan and most of the fans rather have Manu than you.

3. Bleeding Red

Bleeding Red Member

Once a dumba**, always a dumba**. "You take a healthy me and switch me out with Paul Pierce [on the current Celtics]? There's no question. There's definitely no question." Yeah, the opposite is true. If we have Paul Pierce, we would have a ring by now. :rolleyes: This is why he will never belong to the class of MJ or Kobe. Dude rather whine than put in the hard work to succeed.

4. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Its no different than what all the wing players said when Kobe was b****ing about changing his game to play with Shaq. Also what so different than when Pierce said before the trade last year he was stuck being a great player on poor teams. I think people just need to let it go and move on. Its not like he's lying anyway.

5. pumbum

pumbum Member

I agree with this comment. I think TMac's comment meant that, Y2K TMAC with Shaq or Duncan would have been ridiculous. Shaq and Duncan have had points in their career when they have been able to dominate EVERY night. Yao has yet to become - and I doubt he ever will become - that kind of player. All McGradys teams have been average until he joined them as The Superstar.

All the complaining about McGrady is old already. He's going to come back a stud and he'll help us out again.... And every person here will be happy again.....

then steve francis will come back...

and cuttino will come out of retirement...

6. Lonestar

Lonestar Member

faint..... unbelievable, cannot believe it was from T-Mac

I could win a champion to play with Michael Jordan, seriously ;) ;)

7. Andychen

Andychen Member

LOL!!!LOL!! :rolleyes:

8. fffffffaint

fffffffaint Member

He is now mentally r****ded.

9. Pringles

Pringles Member

Not true at ALL.

He leaves Orlando, in few years they become champion contenders. Maybe he shouldn't have demanded a trade? He might have been with an "elite" center named Dwight. He should never have admitted that he quitted during games in that 21 win season.

The season before Tracy came to the Rockets... Francis and co took the team to a 5 game series against a Lakers team that had Karl Malone, Kobe Bryant, Shaq, and Gary Payton. You don't see Francis or Yao complaining that they didn't have another great teamate.

And what did Tracy do that made us a team better than average like you said? More first round failures, INCLUDING HOME COURT ADVANTAGE? Including Yao's prime? Including his own prime (against Dallas and Utah)?

He has no right to complain like this. To me, this season... Tracy = Marbury.

10. <3myrockets

<3myrockets Contributing Member

yea i guess average teams DO beat the current champs and hold one of the league's best players to 0 assists and 7-21 shooting. oh well

11. Ari

Ari Member

Well he is absolutely right, but it is still a completely stupid and asinine thing to say. Yao has never been good enough or as good as Duncan and Shaq in the past. That might change this year (it better), but the problem is McGrady has been the best player on the team all along and he never took the leadership mantle to heart and he has never proven that he can lift his team over the hump.

Those are also facts. I never thought the McGrady-Yao pairing was any good anyways so I was never really too disappointed with their penis shrinkage when the moment was there to be seized. But repeated first round exits, with such talent, is inexcusable. There is no justifying it.

So again, he is right but he is also a bona fide dumbass. I think that much has been proven over time.

I have a feeling he too realizes he will never again put on a Rockets uniform, and he seems OK with it.

12. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Too bad Yao's too polite to respond with something like that. It would be the ultimate STFU.

13. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Kobe's second is Pau Gasol and they made it to the finals last year.

IMO, Yao Ming is clearly better than Pau Gasol so what does that say about TMac.

I'm sure Yao wish's that he had been playing with Kobe the last several years instead of Tslac. Maybe he would have played in a couple of NBA championships by now.

14. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

How awesome would it be to see Yao come out and say he could have gotten past the first round with a decent sidekick, and then list like nine or ten guys? Kobe, Lebron, Pierce, AI, Nash, Parker, Billups, Carter, Kidd... etc.

15. YaoFanMing

YaoFanMing New Member

come on TMAC, are you kidding me? you call 22 winning streak team a AVERAGE team???
    what's your point? to hurt your teammates??? :mad: :mad:

16. boby

boby Member

Hell, Yao can pass the first simply by kicking Mcgreedy's lazy ass out of the team! Mark my words!!

17. Lonestar

Lonestar Member

We got $8million guy named Ron. We will pass 1st round this season :cool: :cool:

18. Teressa

Teressa New Member

T-MAC is done. I usded to respect him so much... not anymore, never! He never accepted the truch. till now, he still think he is KOBE, LBJ? Give me a break, he deserves to in bed forever, making day-dream... I pray... Pity on Yao and ROCEKTS

19. sofar

sofar Member

It is not he has average teams, it is he makes every his team average.

Shaq? Duncan? He is the Mr. 20M man.

This may be his team:

C: Shaq
    PF: TD
    SF: LBJ
    SG: himself
    PG: CP

This guy, T-whateverac, is behaving loser and talking b****..

20. absent2007

absent2007 Member

OMG, funnest rookie post ever