1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Jerome "King" James] Morey was after Nash before Trade Deadline

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Feb 27, 2009.

1. wingcommander87

does morey have a wish of having tony parker score 50 on us when we play the spurs? :confused:

2. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Member

I like this. :)

3. Steve_Francis_rules

I love how there are people on here who will stop at nothing to defend T-Mac's playoff performances because he "carries the team" all the way to first round exits, while there are others who accuse Nash of having been "exposed" in the playoffs year after year. The guy has led his team to the conference finals twice and almost did it another time before losing to the eventual champions.

4. bjshot

bjshot Member

I was thinking that Rockects might use T-mac to get Nash and Babosa after season. I don't think that nash is better than Ron/Rafer right now. Nash declined very fast in recent 2 years. It's like a desperate move for rockets. It's good for rockets it didn't happen.

5. walker

walker Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

NICE!

6. Shaud

Shaud Member

Phoenix was not going to trade with a team they were competing with for a playoff spot.

Said that before the trade deadline. I thought it would be common sense.

But I guess not.

7. scalper

scalper Member

too bad... I think if Tmac was playing like he was last year... on the 22 game win streak we might have had a better chance at someone like Nash...

I doubt putting up Yao and Tmac would have gotten Lebron... from Cleveland

8. joesr

joesr Member

for real huh

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

This is good news, Nash plays matador defense.

10. scalper

scalper Member

well Tmac is giving us nothing right now...

and I would rather take a given like Nash... even though he is breaking down...

then a unknown... like in 2010 when all the other teams will be/or have cleared cap space...

really we dont need a superstar/star

if it was up to me... I would have traded Tmac for 2 good athletic upper rung 2nd tier players who fit into our system...

11. HKC

HKC Member

We're better off with this team instead of a team with nash and most likey no Artest and other players if the trade would have went down.

lolz...the magic and pistons just started, 1st shot of the game=Alston jack up for 3...BRICK! :D

12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Well done, sir.

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yep....

14. Chamillionaire

glad we didn't make that trade considering how well we're playing, but nash is probably one of the if not the best shooter in the league. he would have been great here, he'd get open looks all day and he'll create more open shots for everyone else too.

the only thing that worries me about this is that he is too old, not many years left.

15. scalper

scalper Member

well I thought it would have been a trade primarily between Tmac and Nash plus fillers....

thats of course before Tmac announced last minute surgery :rolleyes: before the trade deadline...

16. jackweiwei

jackweiwei Member

I don`t want Nash,he is not a good defender,also he is not fit for YAO.
    Now we have ron-ron,we have shane,also we have luis,next season,we trade T-mac,then,we will have a good SG or a C.So if you want more,that is the chanpion!And i believe that it is too close for us!

17. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Nash? Why not - Phx is in an amazing mismanagement mode/fiscal crisis situation so, go for the gold!

Artest + Brooks woulda given Phx cap relief of @$3mm X 2. Nash woulda given Rox an honest shot at June.

BTW - Caron Butler? Were the Rox ever anywhere near in on that one?

18. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Nash? Yeah, that'll piss Dallas off even more. :D

19. Possum

Possum Member

Yeh we might of had to give them Head too. ;)

20. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

yeah okay, your name is "Steve_francis_rules" and you're trying to tell me about basketball? nash does not play any defense whatsoever. never has. tony parker had a freaking field day vs him. get a clue.

his TEAMS made it to the conference finals, that is correct. they were also incredibly stacked. granted, if it wasn't for donaghy they probably would have won the series vs the spurs. guess what...that doesn't mean nash isn't the worst defensive player ever to be named mvp (let alone mvp TWICE). quit sipping the kool-aid.