1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STEVE FRANCIS FANS: WHERE IS OUR BOY?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Samar, Feb 27, 2009.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I heard he's looking for tickets to the Superbowl.

2. Samar

Samar Contributing Member

Francis' fortunes

Former Griz (twice baked) Steve Francis vows to soon play again in the NBA. Francis, 32 last week, averaged a meager 5.8 points last season for Houston and hasn't gotten into a game since. After starting this season on the Rockets' roster, he was traded to Memphis in December and waived last month.

"I'm definitely not finished with basketball," he said. "I'm 1,000 percent I'm not."

Francis is working out in the Washington area, where he's from. He's convinced he will sign with a team after the trade deadline passes.

"I'm going to play no matter what," said Francis, refusing to name teams that are supposedly interested in his services.

3. Samar

Samar Contributing Member

Francis says he will be back

Francis' fortunes

Former Griz (twice baked) Steve Francis vows to soon play again in the NBA. Francis, 32 last week, averaged a meager 5.8 points last season for Houston and hasn't gotten into a game since. After starting this season on the Rockets' roster, he was traded to Memphis in December and waived last month.

"I'm definitely not finished with basketball," he said. "I'm 1,000 percent I'm not."

Francis is working out in the Washington area, where he's from. He's convinced he will sign with a team after the trade deadline passes.

"I'm going to play no matter what," said Francis, refusing to name teams that are supposedly interested in his services.

Memphis Commericial Appeal

4. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

I bet he could make some fat cash in the Chinese league.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I hope he gets a shot, it is hard on athletes that have to go out like he has so far.

DD

6. jsmee2000

jsmee2000 Contributing Member

Couldn't you have posted this information in this thread ? A thread that was started today by (cough, cough)...YOU!

Also you are missing a link to your source.

7. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I'll believe this when I see it. Call me Doubting Thomas, I don't care but this guy is done.

8. stthomsfinest

stthomsfinest Member

I was waiting for some Francis news. We need some taste of where he's at physically now. If a team signs him, no matter what, we could at least get a look of where he's at, a chance we didn't give him (it sure would be nice to have him as a veteran point with Brooks and Lowry at this time though.) I would hope he plays this season to just show the league and the Rockets that he still gots it and then we can sign him next season and give him another try with knowledge of his ability. Third times a charm right?

9. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

Didn't we hear this a long time ago when he was released by Memphis?

I thought someone bumped the old Francis thread.

10. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

agreed

11. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

This is an old story and its been posted. I love Steve but his only job is going to be in the CBA.

12. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

He's going to have the last laugh.

13. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Seriously dude, you started two threads. One to ask a question and one to answer it. Was that really necessary?

14. Darrinlane

Darrinlane Member

lol...I still remember the old intro that said you could even talk about Elie if you wanted to.

15. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

LOLOL This is a classic from DD. He is basically wishing for Steve Francis to get a shot, which I would like also, but he is saying McGrady is done. So DD would you like McGrady to get a shot also once he recovers??

I mean McGrady does have a lot left more than the Franchise. They both talk to much about what they plan on doing instead of actually doing it. So who do you see returning to the court 1st?? :D Just a friendly question :D :p

16. stthomsfinest

stthomsfinest Member

It would only make sense that Francis would return to the court first since McGrady just had surgery and will take 6 months to a year to recover from it THEN would have to play back into game ready shape.

Francis on the other hand has had surgery,has recovered, is in shape and working out and is looking for offers from interested teams.

17. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

I doubt it he is in shape and has recovered. Rafer went out, Francis didn't see the court. McGrady was out. Francis didn't see the court. Ron and Battier was out Francis didn't see the court. He had plenty of chances and didn't step up not once.

18. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Francis at least deserves a shot. T-Mac's a cancer, he dragged this team down with his stupid drama queen theatrics and his selfishness.

T-Mac can have a shot, as long as it's not with the Rockets.

19. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

LOL now all of a sudden McGrady is a cancer. Wow. Well maybe to the fans but I've never heard anything bad said about him. You believe what you want.

20. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I guess you weren't on the board when Francis was a cancer. Everyone gets their turn... :D