1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

West. Conf. Games today

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mozart123, Feb 25, 2009.

1. Spurs210

Spurs210 Member

i didn't start it :cool:

2. mozart123

mozart123 Rookie

so happy boston celtics lost to the Clips.

Clippers fought hard, they were resilient and overall the Celtics are a turnover machine

3. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Brooksball, u won't get much argument out of me regarding dream v howard. I'm just saying that early in his career, even if he had the dreamshake, he was more raw power and ability than anything. Yes I know he had the turn around in college and I also know his footwork was uncanny for a 7ft er, I'm just saying that Howard can become a better offensive player jus like Shaq did. People used to say all shaq do is dunk, but then when you got past that, you started seeing the drop steps,pivots, baby hooks with both hands. Howard doesn't have to have the arsenal of dream because no one will have that, but if he gets his jump hook consistent like Willis and continue to improve from a basketball situations format, he'll be a 25 ppg guy. Will he get to 28 like dream? No, but if his curve for the next 5 yrs are as steep as the previous 5, he's going to finish with 20k pts 10k rebs and 2k blks. There isn't a lot of those guys just hanging around doing nothing.

4. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I don't like this Dwight vs. Hakeem talk at all. You're talking two totally different players there. If we're playing the 'comparison game' he's much more comparable to a less dominant version of Shaq. Both can attribute their success in basketball to their sheer power and athletic advantages against their opponents. Both are neutralized the same way: deny positioning, stand your ground and force them away from the basket. Both share the same most effective move: drop step. Both were former Magic #1 overall picks and started their careers in the same city.

5. uci

uci Member

lawl so much crying just like crying pop and his scrub team, sigh...

6. uci

uci Member

talk about making it a series, lakers lost 2-4, spurs lost to lakers 1-4, i guess spurs should probably quit trying cause no one is expecting u to come close anyway

7. goodbug

goodbug Contributing Member

Lakers have a 75M payroll vs. Spurs 68M, not that far apart.

8. rockets_34

rockets_34 Member

Spursfan, you may want to add this to your sig...

hakeem >duncan>>>>robinson

9. Spurs210

Spurs210 Member

Raven Mortal Combat movie: "I don't think so"

but hakeem is the best center of all time while duncan is the best power foward

could argue about this all day if we could but hakeem was better than robinson

10. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

quoted for TRUTH