1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Rockets 98, Blazers 94

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 24, 2009.

Tags:
  1. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Did not see game, but how did Lowry look? stats look fine, and zero TO's, but when did he get those minutes?

2. rocketman1979

rocketman1979 Contributing Member

Yao was awesome! :)

3. snitch

snitch Member

good win for the rox!!

4. JohnnyC

JohnnyC Member

yao says "hit the head"

5. ralphabetsoup

ralphabetsoup Member

Utah's whole end-season strategy will be to match up with us in the 1st round - I bet they're planning to align that up.

6. mwpq

mwpq Member

I agree with u. Team ball is the most important. :)

7. mrfirefly7

mrfirefly7 Member

That last foul Joel Prozebela got was great!

8. DaronMalakian

DaronMalakian Member

At least now I know that someone read the messages before post another ones, thanks.

Blazers basketball quality is really BS, they' have a very talented roster but in my opinion they run an horrible offense based always in 1x1s and 2x2s. We are a better team than the Blazers and we almost lose the game in home because of our problems with the p&r defsne -with Yao- and the late offense.

Brooks doesn't know to read an offense, when Portland did a change on the defense against Yao, we kept attacking at the same way. Then, after 2 bad atacks, his solution is to set a P&r and a turnover or bad shot, and then the TO. I mean, that's not a solid guard in my opinion, no if you don't have Deron's skills. Aaron is just too small to be that effective penetrating.

Artest did some bad shots too at the 4th quarter trying being the saver, and the team could not find Yao at the low post, thats = their defense beat us.. That's why I'm worried.

Sorry 4 the english.

9. jkckwong

jkckwong Member

Yao started the game quite aggressive but was immediately given 2 offensive fouls - that killed his momentum and he sat out a long time until the last 5-6 minutes of the 2nd quarter. Yes, he and the coaching team should consider how he should deal with high P&R, he played hesitant/soft and has been abused in the last few games.

10. thiuronium

thiuronium Member

Only if the refs allow Yao to play. In today's case, Yao was called offense foul, travel or 3s violation every single time he wanted to get his position :mad:

11. smallpotato

smallpotato Member

I agree with you,he drives to the basket but cant do anything, 20 shots is way too many for a PG!!!!!!!!!Tonight,he is not a GOOD Pg :mad:

12. BaiHua

BaiHua Member

Did you ever watch the game? The reason why Houston just had one point is because they were hard to get yao the ball rather than yao could not score. what i can say, dumb enough :eek:

13. rocketman1979

rocketman1979 Contributing Member

I want to see Yao take a few jumpers from the free throw line.

14. mjhaver5

mjhaver5 Member

we gotta stop chokin..

15. qian

qian Contributing Member

R U in secret love with Yao?

Every single fxxking time your post is directed to Yao with negatives. Yao had a bad game but We won.

Get a life, loser

16. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Yao has a mediocre game and the rest of the team picks up the load.

More importantly that's the same manner in which they put together their streak last year--team ball.

17. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Looking at the Box score, AB is shooting way too much and going 8 for 20... not good. He needs to learn the drive and dish. AB needs to get Battier, Yao, and Scola more shots. That is his job.

Bottom line we will take the W, that Portland stole when Roy hit the 40 ft with 0.5 for the win.

18. wxzcool

wxzcool Member

the ref will get many gambling money. you just need go to some sports gamble website to found the clue

19. Yakapo

Yakapo Member

one of ab's shots was a 72' heave at the end of the half. 8/19 is still better shooting than 5/13 or 6/15.

20. thefan

thefan Member

AB has got to learn to make the pass. When Yao gets deep position in the paint that is as high percentage of a shot as you'll get. Yao had his man sealed a few times this game but nobody was even looking for him. ...and of course that leads to the 3 second violation