1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"See you in Houston"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Wakko67, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

I know we have a game before this and there will be a thread for the game, but for the time being, is anyone psyched about the Cavs game?

I am very curious to see if Yao backs up what he said after the last game. I hope that guy didn't forget.

2. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

well i would prefer they focus more on the blazers first, that game is huge for playoff seeding, tie breakers etc.

losing to the cavs will hurt but if i was presented with an option of only winning one of the two i pick the blazers game.

but i am confident they can and will win both

3. Gene the PIG

Gene the PIG Member

I'm psyched! That last game was a bunch booshee.

The refs OWE US. :mad:

4. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

I think the whole Eastern conference is hyped up with permission of David Stern.

I mean LeBron is a great player but he wouldn't be a nearly as popular if the league didn't advertise him so much.

The team of Houston Rockets has never and probably will never be advertised as Lakers, Celtics, Cavs or Knicks will ever be.

I hope we can revenge to the loss earlier in the season, thought we would win that game, that ended the little streak of 4 W also.

5. speedball

speedball Contributing Member

my wife got me tix for this game for my birthday (best wife ever) and i am planning to EXPLODE the toyota center with my loud whistle--oh, you'll hear it!
    You'll be like, "whoa, what's that?" know what i'm sayin? BAM!

(if you read my post real fast, it makes sense.) :p

6. zilches

zilches Member

It's really sweet to see all the pre-game enthusiasm going on. Downright refreshing.

I think Clutch is going to be forced into posting the game threads earlier.

7. rock8ts

rock8ts Member

Meet Shane in Houston, that is.

8. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Hopefully the refs will let Yao stay on the court, unlike the last game in Cleveland, which was a travesty.

9. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

Yeah. I understand that Lebron is a phenom and all, but let our guy get some love. Thats all I'm saying.

First I'll be happy as long as we win. I do hope he comes out with fire and hits forty though. At least 40! A huge block on LJ would be icing.

10. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Word of caution, if your whistle resembles the sound of the ref's whistle, then it will be confiscated. The refs will literally stop the game and they will dispatch security personnel in your area. They probably could reserve the right to even remove you altogether. That would suck.

11. dero72

dero72 Member

Yao needs to focus and concentrate on one single thing for this game.
    He needs to make it a mantra of sorts...

'I will NOT fall down on the floor tonite.'

12. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Member

Wow. Did not know this.

13. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

i just want to see yao throw an elbow to sideshow bob's ugly face. only a pipedream though.

14. Realistfan1551

Can't wait to see this game. It's on TNT too, last time It should have been on national T.V as well.

I remember last year, Yao Ming blocked LeBron's left handed dunk too. That was pretty sweet ;)

15. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

You would think games against the Lakers and Celtics would create much more hype, but damn it all, this game has got me excited. After that unfair travesty they called a "game" last time, I've been waiting for this Thursday oh so long.

Yao was angry. And I believe that his heart, determination, and will will lead the Rockets into this game. We didn't have a healthy and sharpshooting Battier in Cleveland, but now that he's back, Lebron is going to be up a creek without a paddle when he has to face two of the best defensive players in the league: One a cold calculating defender, the other a brute, rabid thief.

And I'm really not worried about the Cavs' bench. Maybe Williams and Illugaskus.

Here's hoping to prove to the NBA the Rockets aren't pushovers. And Yao is definitely a best from the East.

16. RocketMania1991

Want to buy tickets ;(

17. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

i cant wait to see this game as well!

18. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

this is going to be a good game.

19. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

Please, oh, please, stupid NBA refs, don't decide the game by your stupid one sided calls. I want to see Lebron play. I want to see Yao play. Don't send them to the bench early because you want to control the game.

20. solid

solid Contributing Member

For some reasons which may be obvious to some, the Cavs don't match up well with the Rockets. Artest will work over Lebron like he did last time, and I expect the Rockets to win. But what about Portland?