1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey and Yao are not on the same page

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by boby, Feb 22, 2009.

1. declan32001

declan32001 Member

So? Dream has said that he was specifically brought in to discuss two trades, you can probably name them. And he was the MVP of getting the Rox to the NBA Finals in his second season.

Les, Daryl and Rick would never insult Yao in any way. And even if Yao were disappointed, all he has to do is request to be "in the loop", which I seriously doubt that he'd want to be.

This article is crap, and Yao's quotes are innocent any way you want to read them.

2. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Perhaps that is because in order to be called a leader, you have to act like one

Man, some of you just love fishing for drama. After it appears the locker room is improving, you start trying to insinuate that Yao and the GM are having issues

:rolleyes:

3. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Sometimes when someone is on fire they are just on fire. And I agree about rafer's defense. Maybe in prior years he had good d but this year his d was as bad as his floater.

4. boby

boby Member

Then how do you translate it accurately?

5. Landlord Landry

Yao has led us out of the first round as many times as McPastry has. Dead horse, broken record.

6. Blake

watch out, LL...the board is dominated by Y O F this time of night

7. yuisakata

yuisakata Member

Harris was called up again after The Streak when Carl Landry was injured, so I guess it's more likely to be Snyder.

8. boby

boby Member

Yao is definitely acting like a true leader after Tmac is out. Besides, any leadership training class will tell you "lead by example" is the most important thing as a leader.

9. efly

efly Member

All the SINA's articals are bullsxxts, they just want hit rate, that's the worst website.

10. Blake

Yao acts like a true leader on the CNT, not on the Rockets. This isn't even debatable. To be a leader on a basketball team, you have to do more than play well and work hard. Sorry, but it's true...and I am a huge fan of Yao

11. boby

boby Member

Your logic is lost here. Neither of them lead us passed first round but the question remains: why did Tmac get different treatment? Just because he was a wuss??

12. Sherlock

Sherlock Contributing Member

Is this the guy who claimed TMac yelled at Yao "we ISO you?"

This trade came in at 5 minutes before the deadline. I doubt anyone was consulted, besides the coach, who had been pushing for them to find a way to get him ahead of time.

Once it was clear that TMac was going to get surgery, Morey said they realized they were no longer contenders. Alston's value will never be higher, and it was a perfect time to take advantage of the Magic's need.

... good move. With Tmac gone, I doubt it will make a difference in how far we go in the playoffs, and if there is upside, and Brooks and/or Lowry blossom, we could go farther. Even if we don't, gaining experience for the next couple years is of greater value to get back to being contenders.

13. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Have to second this. I admit I was a little skeptical at first, but even at this early stage, I can already see that Lowry is more adept at finding shooters than Rafer is, and he seems to have a better instinct for creating offense. Rafer obviously has a lot of experience and knows how to organize offensive sets well, but as far as creativity and instinct goes, I'm liking what I see in Lowry. I saw at least two fairly impressive passes yesterday, and that was only his second game.

14. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

lol, you beat me to it. If so he's a joke.

15. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

This business about Yao not being consulted isn't a big deal. The trade basically came together hours before the deadline. There wasn't any time for the Rockets to sit with Yao and ask his opinion on it. And, frankly, it doesn't matter what his opinion is. The Rockets management have their job to do, and Yao's got his job which is to perform on the court. If management has to consult its player on a move like that at the last minute, that shows its indecisive.

16. Landlord Landry

my logic isn't lost here, if you want to use first round exit attcks, then thats fine but you can't use it at the expense of McPastry to solidfy an argument for Yao, which you clearly were.

as for special treatment, IDK what you are talking about? the fact that McPastry vetoed a trade and Yao didn't?

even if that were true and you had conclusive evidence, perhaps then we could assume Morey/Les learned from allowing a star player to influence personnel decisions and decided to null Yao's input.

but you are using a shady Chinese gossip column as your reference.....I tend to believe what comes out of Yao's mouth personally.

17. kaivin20

kaivin20 Member

just now back to sina.com to read carefully the original article by yangyi, and I'm a little surprised . First in Yangyi's THIS artical, there is no one word about somebody calling out T-Mac last season(maybe it's in another earlier article by yang). second in the article what 'insight' yangyi gave is not sth new and breakthrough, all totolly his own opinion and speculation.

18. soulsong999

soulsong999 Member

Apologies to those who don't read Chinese.

Boby, the most accurate translation will be: 激动 and being emotional (激动) is a result of someone who had to go through tough times.

Describing someone as "moody" - regardless of whether Tracy really is a moody person - was not appropriate and certainly not in the context of what Morey was saying.

SS999

19. blender

blender Member

No kidding. Some people can't leave well enough alone.

20. flashsky

flashsky Member

If we try to find what things hurt YAO, i 'd say it's T-Mac.

What things hv T-M done?made SteveF leave HOU,then RAF,pull reaponity to Yao when lose games and let praise on TM himself. T-M is a weak player,he liked jumpshooting more than other ways.If he can do sth like Parker or Gnobily, Rockets can defeat all 1st round opp such as Utah or Dallas.

Watch Steve and Mobley were doing, more powerful, but it's a bity when they met with Lakers which hv Oneal,Kobe,Malong and Payton.If not those 4 guys together...everything was possible.