1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Rockets 99, Bobcats 78

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 22, 2009.

1. frost123

frost123 Member

I think the Rockets are better than Magic defensively.
    We have Artest, Battier and Hayes, they are experts of defence.

It seems that Battier is starting to find his stroke back, hope he can continue to improve.

2. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

Yao only played 36 minutes. You guys are acting like he played 42+ or something.

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

forreal
    Neither Hedo or Rashard are known for their Defense
    the word SOFT comes to mind

Rocket River

4. blender

blender Member

I missed the game, but I would guess Adelman played the starters a lot so that they can get used to each other. This lineup hasn't had a lot of time to practice, so a blowout was a good opportunity for them to get some. No offense to the Bobcats.

5. sxp19820606

sxp19820606 Member

a real game which i want to see!
    :p
    although i havnt see the game!
    ha

6. ElDobleK

ElDobleK Literally Zan Tabak

Yeah, if that three isn't falling for the Magic, then they lose. Hence the panic when Nelson went out.

We're a more physical team than the Magic (save for our starting Centers, of course). Artest alone is more physical than Lewis and Turkey Glue combined. Now compare Battier, Landry and Scola vs. Pietrus, Tony Battie, and Courtney Lee... well, you get the picture.

7. iFei

iFei New Member

Love Artest, Love Rockets!

8. vslap

vslap Member

I like the way that Artest is establishing himself as the leader of this team. He is not as smooth looking off the dribble as Tracy but makes up for it with raw power and determination. He also has a beautiful shot as compared with Tracy's line drives from the 3 point line. He is bringing a toughness to this team by his example. I also like the way he is constantly pumping up all of the players on the team and being a vocal leader as well.

Yao would have more shot attempts if he started the game like he started the second half by being more aggressive even when double teamed and attacking the basket instead of instantly passing at the hint of a double team. He is good enough to score and or get to the free throw line if he would just be more aggressive.

9. G0 R0CKETS

G0 R0CKETS Member

Good game...nice D.

GO ROCKETS!!!

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

In case anyone has been wondering...here are our stats since Tmac's season ending surgery...

Games Played:4
    OPP PPG: 83.5
    PPG: 100.0
    OPP FG%: 40.6
    FG%: 45.5
    Diff: 16.5

These are elite team stats.
    If we keep up this...really we might be the 3rd best team in the West if we keep up this. Keep in mind we've played one playoff team the past 4 games but we'll find out more the rest of this week that is for sure.

11. Evil Empire

Evil Empire Member

we finally took care of business

teusday's game against POR is HUGE. Go Rox!

12. yxgemini

yxgemini Member

not safe to be so optimistic. because the surgery not happened yet.

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Lol, well I think there is a good chance he's going to be out for the rest of the season surgery or not.

14. scalper

scalper Member

maybe you havent heard the words "INJURY PRONE" for our 2 best players the last few years...

in a game where we won by so much... we can afford to let our bench players play more minutes...

the same concept that this is a team game...and one or two players cant do it alone

and if were even going to blame the bench players for not coming in and doing there job, like hold a lead or provide a spark... then we have to give them some play time...

come playoff time its going to be too late...

remember our record of only 4 players scoring in a playoff game... please never again!!!! :rolleyes:

15. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

This team feels different w/ AB and Lowry leading the show.
    Different good.

We have more punch.

16. jkckwong

jkckwong Member

I didn't see the game, but there always our savior R2K here :D .

17. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Member

What I was going to say. Ron only player 29 minutes also.

18. Herb

Herb Member

I think it's good that Yao paces himself. You don't want him to blow his load in the first half and get exhausted in the 4th. What Yao needs to do is play within the offense and pick his spots to be aggressive so the defenses can't zone in on him.

19. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Was at the game, the team really looked great out there.

20. Cbox

Cbox Member

The Rockets got to stop toying with me. I watch the first half and we lose a 10 point lead. Then I come back after the game has ended and we have a 20+ point win. Good job Rox!