1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

trade Yao for Championship

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ppzh, Feb 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dionysus180

dionysus180 Member

and :D yao refused his continue contract with rox

2. roxwin

roxwin Member

STFU and GTFO,Shemac isn't in Rox uniform anymore.loser

3. Teamwork

Teamwork Member

If you have to support a family and put food on the table like Les does, you would never trade Yao. Please grow up.

4. kalmanfilter

kalmanfilter Rookie

"I bet we can easily get top 10 players in giving up him."
    How can you back up this if what you claimed was true?

5. sgt.pepper

sgt.pepper Member

trade yao? for who? the last time we traded a franchise center the rockets ended up with kelvin cato for how many years? 4 or 5 years? and do you really think kobe, lebron, wade or even dwight howard would come if they know that they won't be in a team with yao ming as the center? yao is the franchise now, not tracy so just live with that. :cool:

6. HakeemtheDream9

Get real, there is no way we would trade Yao. We could never get what he is worth in a trade, people need to stop being so ignorant on this board.

Ive got an idea lets trade artest because he has an expiring contract for chris paul, it works for both teams because we need a point and the hornets could get an expiring contract and make a play in 2010.

Get Real

Please think realistic before you post, your not only horrible but yet annoying

7. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Firstly you need to watch some Rockets games with an experienced Rockets fan because you have no idea how great a player Yao Ming is and this mentor can help you understand how significant each of his plays are

Secondly if we decided to trade him all 29 teams would be on the phone to Morey trying to get him away from us.
    :p

8. asha101

asha101 Member

LeBron has never won a championship. Kobe hasn't got one since Shaq left. Chris Paul, Deron, Dwight not even close. Steve Nash, Dirk may never get one. Yep, trade Yao away for the "Top Ten" player, Rocket will win a championship. Good logic.

9. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

new members should NOT be allowed to make new threads for at least 1 yr.

10. jwayne

jwayne Member

Man... Some people are just rediculous and Im not quite sure what they are watching... Numbers are numbers... 20 and 10 is great... Name 5 other Centers in this league who put up those numbers. Not PF's posing as Centers either, true centers...

Please, I hope people dont compare Yao to 6'7 and 6'8 Guards... Pound for Pound and Inch for Inch... Best athlete in the NBA... debate me. I took a few Bimechanics courses in college. Yao should be either really uncoordinated or laid up in bed. Not posting 209 and 10 per night and playing 30+ minutes...

FREAK OF NATURE = YAO MING

DISCLAIMER: I am a Rockets fan not a Yao lover... I give credit where credit is due. ;)

11. rsx_htown

rsx_htown Contributing Member

Yao needs to work on pinning his man and getting in good position to receive a pass and his boys need to space the floor better in the 4th quarter. I am more worried about Yao having to come out in a pick and roll/pick and pop basically all the perimeter player has to do is come off the pick and knock down the open shot or pass to the open bigman if he can shoot. Our defense will have to rotate over giving somebody else an open shot.

12. mig0s

mig0s Member

Dude i'll trade you for a cheesecake

13. IamKhan

IamKhan Rookie

Just want to list 2 tradedideas by Yao Haters not long time ago:

Yao for Stat
    Yao for Oden

What's next?

14. newengland

newengland Member

you feel pretty bored now with all the rox drama coming to an end don't you?
    or you are just a troll, who btw failed to put up a topic interesting enough...

15. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

Who the hell is Stat?

16. gatsby

gatsby Member

I think Yao has a perfect niche here - even if it isn't necessarily what he thought it'd be when he came here. He is undoubtedly the team leader and has been doing great stepping up his game this season I think.

Definitely keep him unless...well, unless Lebron or Kobe want to come here. if not, there's definitely no way I'd purposely trade him.

17. BornRedIn87

BornRedIn87 Member

i swear some people just want to make a tread, even when they have no basis for making it.

I understand u are excited that you got membership in 16 comments, but can we send him back to rookie status?

18. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

My God, I wonder how you became a member. Good Lord.

19. DOHCtah

DOHCtah Member

yeah seriously man.. how does a guy with 15 posts become a member??

isn't the whole rookie-member status system supposed to guard against idiots like this with low post counts from starting r****ded new threads?? :confused:

20. ibm

ibm Member

say something bad or controversial about yao - that's how your thread gets a lot of views and replies nowadays. lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.