1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    The Timberwolves are roughing up the Nuggets, can they hold on for a Game 2 win? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Steve Francis on TNT

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by E.J. Tucker, Apr 15, 2000.

1. E.J. Tucker

E.J. Tucker Contributing Member

Hope you'll got to see the Kid do well on national TV. He did the Rockets and himself well, spoke well and didn't say anything that should make anyone mad. The Kid is on his way with the media and the NBA. He even talked about being drafted by Vancouver and his reaction, handled that well also. He had a real admirer with him in John Thompson that helped him out.

The future is in good hands!!!

------------------

2. Houston Rocks

Houston Rocks Member

I like how he said that Barkley used to make him get donuts and stuff when they were on the road.
    lol
    ROckS

------------------

3. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

ya from w hat i've heard on this site and radio they nba really wants to promote him and have told him t hat. lets just hope they don't do any crap like persuading him to go to la which is a bigger media market etc

------------------
    Shane
    "Save Our Rockets"
    "Life without basketball in Houston........without an arena that is what it will be"

4. wizard

wizard Member

interesting stuff..one thing that needed to clarified was that ernie johnson thought the rox were playing the hawks tonight. He said," lenny wilkins wouldnt want you to play tomorrow." and francis replied my coach wouldnt want that to happen. wierd..

------------------

5. Old School

Old School Member

I heard Johnson say that too. He was probably wrongly assuming Francis was in town to play the Hawks because that's when most of their in-studio guests come in.

I only saw Francis during the first halftime show. He seemed like he was acting pretty smooth. I liked watching the move he put on Kenny Smith. You can clearly see his jock strap hit the floor as Francis blew by him.

Old School

------------------
    Just Build It!

6. Stevie3

Stevie3 Member

I'm a Kenny Smith fan (saw him on ESPN Classics today with MJ at UNC) but it was kinda funny to see Stevie fake him out and blow by him. Chuckle, chuckle.

I only saw the first halftime also and was surprised how serious Steve was. I thought he would be a joker type. I haven't really seen him get interviewed much so I don't know his personality except that he is a nice young man wanting to do what's right.

------------------

7. trudru is tite

How many posts does it take to become a member???

------------------

8. Drag-On 88

Drag-On 88 Member

not sure, i believe it's 30 or so.

anyhoo, back to Francis...i'm pretty sure he's a guy who likes to joke around a lot, but since this was his first time on national television (TNT)...he probably wanted to present himself as someone who can be mature and serious. He was very impressive on the way he answered Ernie and Thompson's questions, especially the Vancouver one.

------------------

9. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

Franchise was great, I didn't think he would wear a suit though.

------------------
    THE DEAN

10. Calvin23

Calvin23 Member

Francis did really well. Where was Kenny Smith though?? [​IMG]

11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

just pushing fabr to the bottom...

carry on.

-------------------
    recalibrate flood control for the weekends

12. mct

mct Contributing Member

Do anyone know why Francis was in Atlanta? Did he go just to be on TNT?

------------------