1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

WIth Rafer and Mcgrady out more likable team?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by diegot143, Feb 20, 2009.

1. diegot143

diegot143 Member

I noticed that today we were getting some calls and also i saw some positive dialog with the Rockets and the referees. My opinion is that Rafer and Tmac were just players that gave not so good of vibes to the refs. We have a team now that looks very soft in the eyes so to speak. Not that they play soft, but they are easy to watch bc they are likable, Brooks, Scola, Battier, Yao, MUtomobo, and pretty much most of the team is likable, and i do think that this will pay off with the refs, as in we might get more calls. Thats my theory atleast

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The entire team had much better body language and seemed to be more excited for each other.....it was like last year during the streak.

DD

3. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Really? I thought this game was horribly officiated for us. I hardly ever feel like this either.

4. rockets88MT

rockets88MT Member

5. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

The crowd was pretty good too, not your typical TC crowd.

6. XBLRocketman111

XBLRocketman111 Contributing Member

I thought the game was horribly officiated! don't know what you were watching? :rolleyes:

7. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

The refs stunk for us tonight.

I also completely disagree about the refs. TMac was probably the only guy on the team that I never had complaints with how he was officiated. Yao seems like the nicest guy you can meet and gets hacked all game.

Also for his faults, Rafer always seemed likeable.

8. platy

platy Member

team chemistry was real good but yao still getting the same treatment from the refs

9. DOHCtah

DOHCtah Member

homie.. just.. WTF are you SMOKING? did you watch the game even?? :confused: :confused: :confused:

10. diegot143

diegot143 Member

In my opinion Rafer and Mcgrady, the good players they were with us, just did not help is in you know getting the likable card with the refs. I believe we will be getting in the good side of the refs from now on, bc we all know how the league is, the refs tend to be protagonists, and i sure hope that we benefit from that from now on, i believe we will

11. diegot143

diegot143 Member

Both teams got questionable calls

12. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

Again I'm not sure what refs you've been watching, but Tracy and to a lesser extent Rafer didn't get a lot of crap calls against them.

I even recall a game a short while back when Rafer gave the ref a "good game" and the ref didn't penalize him for it. Its not uncommon to see him BSing with the refs during breaks.

Our guys that get bad calls are Ron, Luis and maybe Chuck. yao gets horrendous calls.

The refs tonight made bad calls on both sides, but late in the game there seemed to be a lot against us.

13. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

I don't know about likable. I do know about better. The Houston Rockets are a better team without Airballston and TSlack. Period.

14. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

I like the team 10 times better right now, but that's mainly because T-Mac's out. Watching him just kind of stroll around the court lately really rubbed me the wrong way. These guys ALL play hard. There's not a slacker on the floor now.

15. diegot143

diegot143 Member

My opinion as radical as it may be, is that Scola and Yao get the most called called against bc of looking different. Scola with the long hair is a target of the refs, and why? Bc they get bad vibes from players like Mcgrady. So they are the ones that get the calls but primarily bc of a Mcgrady and Alston and to a certain extent artest. I watched this game closely and yeah we got calls called against, but not terrible ones, like the ones against the jazz where two players pull scola down and scola gets the foul. I feel that this team seemingly being more likable wont have to deal with that sort of crap as much. I feel we will get the benefit of the doubt bc of our personnel

16. Ashes

Ashes Member

Scola gets called against because of long hair?

17. diegot143

diegot143 Member

Ok lets make it clear, im not saying bc of long hair, im saying bc he looks different and scrappy, he is the total opposite of what would be considered a super star. The refs see no consequence in calling fouls on the scrappy guy so they more times then not call it on them.

18. Shaud

Shaud Member

Anytime there is a trade it always seems like excitement that first night.

Don't know why but it always seems that way.

19. FFz

FFz Member

rafer is the only player in the NBA i've seen kiss an nba ref on the head and not get a tech... infact he does it multiple times.

20. rox0607champs

rox0607champs Member

this thread is pointless :rolleyes: