1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Rockets 93, Mavericks 86

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. fantasylcg

fantasylcg Member

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

i agree, a lot of commentators miss the first elbow or hit that leads to a player's reaction/retaliation, or sometimes they leave it out on purpose to paint a different picture, but hubie and the other guy caught it all and called it like it was...

3. MorningDew

MorningDew Member

I doubt you have watched it :confused:

He was denyed the ball by double team even he was at weak site, crazy to force the pass to Yao under this. Glad our team played smart

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think the team will calm down, a little out of control tonight.

But the reason for that is the message is clear before this game...Tmac is out...someone has to step up. I think Wafer tried to hard to be that guy, and the first half Brooks tried to hard at that.

Once everyone settles in his role, Landry comes back, Wafer will settle down and hopefully give us more efficient scoring.

IDK guy...I really feel this team has improved, not enough to be a contender, but a better team.

5. tangshuo

tangshuo Member

Nice defence in 2nd and 3rd quarter.
    Good shot in 3rd quarter.
    Hits freeshots.
    AB did good but he also gave up too many pts for that scrub or dallas would not in the game.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Not his fault, Yao has to show harder on the pick.

DD

7. Francis3mvp

Francis3mvp Member

Great win, especially when this group still needing to getting used to each other, Lowry will only get more comfortable the more games he plays, couldn't have asked for a better game from him, AB is very aggressive therefore committing turnovers, but he'll figure it out, great way to silence the critics of the trade. Artest got physical with Howard then that is all we ever heard with Howard, and Yao put in is 20-10, can't ask for more, and double double from Scola. Great Win, and chemistry will start kicking in. Oh yeah, and Kidd got outplayed big time by Brooks, little Berra dude was a pain in the ass, but minus Landry tonight, I'll take this win. Go lakers beat the hornets.

8. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Also it would be nice the refs to call the moving screen once in awhile...

9. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

Barrea is an all-star. who's guarding him?

10. zhao1109

zhao1109 Contributing Member

some of you guys are unbelievable: YAO stepped into the court when we down 16 pts in second qtr, narrow the gap down to 7. In the 3rd, he controled the game and we got 10 points lead. However, you guys still not happy with that?! :eek:
    looked at Dirk, another superstar in tonight game?

11. fffffffaint

fffffffaint Member

Now we could hang our hope on AB=.=

12. Herb

Herb Member

I'm glad Yao started to contest Bass's jumpshot... he needs to concentrate more on defense and let the offense come to him. He uses too much energy fighting for position and it's too predictable. Overall, it was a good team game except for the TOs. You know the game is exciting when Adelman puts his fists up!

13. SXT

SXT Member

Man, great game.

And it's pretty amazing how the Rockets beat a playoff team after having their rotation altered so dramatically in the past week. If Aaron had been used to running the offense w/ the starters, then we would've beat Dallas by 10-15. It's going to be damn interesting to see what the Rockets look like in 27 games.

14. apiwatchula

apiwatchula Member

I totally agree. Can't believe we played at home.

15. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Yao really needs a post up move where he brings his elbows up and does a quick spin. Landing a few incidental elbows into noses will cut back tremendously on the other teams willingness to aggresively double him.

16. ts79

ts79 Member

T-mac is on the way,I still high hope he comes back before end of the season.
    I think ,Rox can't win 7 game series of any team without their best player.
    Go Rox,Go T-mac.

17. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Scola, Hayes, Artest pwned Nowitzki

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

NO.....he is done...the team is better without him...if he comes back it is instant end of season.

Tmac is over in Houston......please never post that the team needs him again, it is an outright fallacy.

DD

19. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

This Rockets team is STILL deep, talented and balanced. They can make some noise in the West. By the way, our PG position combined to give us 25 and 10. Not bad!

20. motionsiknes

motionsiknes Member

too early to say this but im calling it out anywayss.....

brooks + lowry = PG version of scolandry?? whats our nicknames??? browry?