1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DD's Rocket talk - The Trade ! (Video)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Man I could have gone my whole life without ever knowing what you looked like.

Dude I thought you were like 50! Haven't you had like 7 jobs?

2. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

I think a much better comparison would be the Magic...they are TOTALLY inside out with 4 shooters surrounding DW12

DW12= yao
    and all the rest are shooters...

I AM SO HAPPY WE GOT RID OF RAFER..

only yesterday I was thinking sooo hard about how to get rid of Rafer

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

But that is not apt because the Rockets also believe in penetration - ala Parket/Lowry/Brooks.

The Magic are almost all inside out.

I would love to see your video though where you make that comparison.

:)

DD

4. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Sure, like a Ford Taurus to a BMW 5 series...I get it... :D

5. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

Good job!

One thing you and others confused is the weakness of both those guys, they both terrible shooters, so if the other team can figure Alston out, and stay back to pack the zone, why they won't do the same to Lowry, who is a worse shooter? Yes, he attacks basketball more, but that's not what this team needs with Yao crowd the paint, and just how can he penetrate when the defense back off from him?

This is definitely a big down grade for this season, especially with TMac out. But over the longer term, it could be a good move, pending how Lowry turns out.

6. Texxx

Texxx Member

Good video!

7. DaronMalakian

DaronMalakian Member

I'm sorry for you man, but we know Tracy it's not over in this team.

8. caffreys_irish_ale

caffreys_irish_ale Contributing Member

It's amazing how fast Kyle Lowry has gone from a nobody to just what the team needs. I really do hope things work out but I'm not ready to say this was a great trade just yet.

9. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

DD,

A nice job again, I agree with you about the Spurs comparison. As for the trade, I thought you did not mention Lowry's defense much. I read from Jon's blog:"Lowry is an outstanding on-the-ball defender, something that is a key to every top defense." If this is true, Brooks and Lowry combination will be good enough for the years.

10. Cbox

Cbox Member

Great video, good intell. I agree that Kyle is going to be better than Rafer. Even if Rafer had some big assist nights, he still is very inconsistent. I wish T-mac would of stayed healthy because a lot of players at his age come in to their prime or are already in their prime (Shaq was 28 when he scored 61 against Clips). Who do you think we can get for T-mac? D-Wade? Boozer (gawd no)? Lebron?!

11. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

I hate Brian "fatty acids storeman" Cook...hes prob gonna fail the physical cos he won't be able to do 5 pressups in less than one minute...

but yeah didn't they desperately want Rashard Lewis?? an allround 3pt shooting passing PF?

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I am glad you guys liked the video, do you think once a week is too much?

I don't want to do one after every game that sort of ruins the moment and too much of anything is a bad thing.

I was thinking one a weekish.

DD

13. rocketman101

rocketman101 Member

hey DD i saw you on tv the other day,were you courtside at the nets/rockets game wearing a blue dresshirt? i swear it was you..the camera was follwing the ref and the ref stood next to you, you were on tv for about 3 seconds

14. Water Boy

Water Boy Member

Awesome job DD. Keep the vids going.

15. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

It was a nice video but I would substitute Artest for Wafer as the guy similar to Ginobli just because Wafer is fluid like Ginobli. IDK if you understand what I mean but it's like how Ginobli gets to the rim with his 2 steps to avoid contact. Wafer does the same. I was heart broken you didn't compare McGrady to anyone :( :( (lol).

Another thing is I think guys are over-reacting to this whole McGrady being done in Houston situation. Yeah he messed up by the way he did things but the guy is hurt. I'm sure everyone on here was saying Rafer Alston is done here in Houston and look how long he was here. You guys are not G.Ms and the managers. We don't know what to expect.

IDK if its the injury or how he handle things that makes people assume that McGrady is done here in Houston but if injury is the case don't you guys think Yao would be done here also?

Last thing i want to say is I think Rafer has 2 or 3 years left on his contract. As for Brian Cook his contract expires this year I believe. Artest, Cook, Head, Wafer would give us good money to spend. With there contracts coming off the book and the MLE I believe the Rockets will have a nice offseason. ( i hope ) :D

16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

DD
    you need to do a retro video too. Talk about the good ole days.
    How about this one for the next video?

the history of PGs on the Rockets? Who was the best, worst, under appreciated, overrated?

17. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

Heyy.
    Nice vid. Great points.
    5 stars.

18. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Goooood Sheeeeet DD. :)

19. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

nice analysis. dig the videos

20. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

Good job as usual. No more predictions of 11-0 in February? :)