1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Our season just got sold.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Bandwagoner, Feb 19, 2009.

1. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I just don't get why we trade Rafer now if his contract expires next season.

If you're going to trade him, his value will be highest this offseason and next year's deadline since he would be expiring. Perhaps we would've gotten more then? I'm very perplexed unless they really think Lowry is something.

2. John232

John232 Member

Tmac is the main culpit in all of this...the funny thing is that he could have helped our cause and saved himself a whole lot of embrassment by laying low but I guess when things get rough, your true colors show up.

I'm pretty sure Yao has plans to ditch this team if things don't improve.

3. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Did we get better at PG?

No!

We are in the 5th seed, SA might being going down with Manu out so we had a chance to win the freaking division.

Our season was sold. Just admit it.

4. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

This is Rafer we are talking about....the season isn't any more over than it was 3hrs ago.

5. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

who plays PG when Brooks sits?

We have had atleast one of them on the floor all season.

Remember when Brooks didn't hit a shot for like 5 games? What are we gonna do if that happens?

What about if an injury? These are things you need to think about in a playoff run.

6. mms

mms Member

LOL. Rafer is gone and some say our season is done. If Rafer is so special to H town, we should have passed the damn first round. Time to move on.

7. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

You obviously don't give enough credit to Rafer, but I'm not even going to refute that. What you said can also be rephrased as: they don't think we have a chance, we still don't have a chance after the trade. The point is, it's not a move to upgrade the team this season.

8. daddy cool

daddy cool Member

It isn't about how bad rafer is man, He's better than lowry is what the trip is here.

9. Landlord Landry

brent barry. :D

10. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Indeed, Leslie sold our season by saving a few of his precious $$$$ !! Maybe he should've thought about saving money before, by moving a guy called Tracy McGrady. Real dick move by the Rockets organisation, classless.....
    Now we only have one player with an attitude left by the name of Artest. Rafer was just like him, competitive, vocal and not affraid of getting a technical. Cannot believe they just shut the door on playoff succes like that.....sad :(

11. mms

mms Member

Yes, the trade itself doesn't make sense but we are still in OK shape. They trade is not over yet. I bet Cook will never make the team.

12. worzel gummidge

They got Cook included so it isn't cost saving. They just like Lowry and are giving up onthe season.

13. Pass 1st shoot 2nd

Pass 1st shoot 2nd Contributing Member

Look at Lowry's numbers this season. Who cares, anyway? We are talking about Aaron Brooks vs. Rafer Alston, not Lowry vs. Alston. Brooks is the future, and Cook can fill it up from the outside...something we lost a little bit in the Alston trade.

You're still being a drama queen.

You also post too much.

Tone it down a bit.

14. daddy cool

daddy cool Member

As fans we got strung along, what happend to all that talk about advancing deep into the playoffs and upgrading and blah blah blah.

15. Rocket1

Rocket1 Member

Brooks > Rafer

Glad he's gone. I think we make a 2nd round appearance this post season.

16. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

How does trading veteran leadership for potential help us this season?

If there are no other deals in the works and this it, then essentially the Rockets have given up on this season and are planning for the future. That is a valid decision, but I'm not sure if I agree with it.

17. daddy cool

daddy cool Member

Brooks is to inconsistent to be the future

18. Untraceable

Untraceable Member

I know I didnt just read that....Rafer is the Emperor Inconsistancy

19. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

Something had to happen.....even if minor. This team needs some energy infused into the offense and a bit of a wakeup call.

I'm pretty excited to see Brooks speed up and and down the court past the defense and run the offense. Lowry and Barry can spell him....and there will be a lot less orange paint for the Rockets to purchase to fix the rims after Rafer clangs shot after shot. :)

Good trade. Hoping there might be something else sitting on the league's desk waiting to get approved.

20. rage

rage Member

How the heck does this thread not get 1 star or less?
    Talk about a bunch of chicken little ... :)

One's season isn't sold because we dealt Rafer. It does not end because we dealt any one player, not Scola, not Brooks, not Landry, not Artest, not Tmac, maybe except for Yao when the team needs to be rebuilt and only if we don't get nothing in return, which is not likely. It certainly does not end when we dealt Rafer.