1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Biggest Quitter in Rockets History

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AntiSonic, Jan 3, 2009.

?

Which Rocket was a bigger quitter?

1. Scottie Pippen

463 vote(s)
    51.4%
  2. Tracy McGrady

438 vote(s)
    48.6%
  1. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Say whatever you want about Pippen, but damn, that dude was RIPPED

2. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

i hated quitten from day one and never was a fan of that trade. he did leave a total sour taste in my mouth but it was a short season and he was gone.

the amount of quit quitten put on display that season was amazing

but

i voted tmac, sure its in the 'now' and quitten was 10 years ago but to me its the long term thing...he quit in orlando and threw people under the bus there

comes here promises good if not great things and 5 years later nothing...he had issues a few years back and it turned out to be a girl problem. and then not properly working hard over the summer coming off of surgery for what could have been his and the teams greatest season since the 95 title run or at the least the 97 run to the WCF.

the team invested a lot more in mcgrady, in terms of money, other players and the actual team is constructed around him and Yao. all that he has displayed in the last 2 weeks is absolute BS.

like i mentioned in another thread I am through with mcgrady nothing short of him winning a title as a Rocket this season would redeem him in my eyes

otherwise if he is traded now, this summer or next season i dont care the sooner the better he is becoming more and more a cancer for this team and you can tell just from the comments from the other players.

if a guy like battier basically says its ok we'll be fine if you aren't around...you know things are really bad between mcgrady and the team

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

none of those dude's talked to stephen a smith about it though.

4. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Tmac showed up all these yaers up until last year waiting for yao to develop and get healthy, now that yao has developed inot a monster, tracys body couldn't handle it anymore...therefore causing a collapse.

No discussion pippen, he didn't want to be here since the begining.

5. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

Develop? If anything Yao declined. Before that injury, Yao was considered an MVP candidate at one point in the season.

I had to vote Tmac, but then again I might be extremely bias after what he did to this team. I still don't understand him telling Stephen A. Smith before the rockets organization.

6. YaodaMing

YaodaMing Member

t-mac by far,He was #1 on the team

7. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Quitten could never pull this off:

<a href="http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=573049">TMac 13 Points In 35 Seconds</a><br/><object width="425px" height="360px" ><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"/><param name="wmode" value="transparent"/><param name="movie" value="http://mediaservices.myspace.com/services/media/embed.aspx/m=573049,t=1,mt=video,searchID=19d89781-38a2-470c-9cb6-64cf3f7121dc,primarycolor=,secondarycolor="/><embed src="http://mediaservices.myspace.com/services/media/embed.aspx/m=573049,t=1,mt=video,searchID=19d89781-38a2-470c-9cb6-64cf3f7121dc,primarycolor=,secondarycolor=" width="425" height="360" allowFullScreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent"/></object>

Quitten by a long shot.

8. fmp087

fmp087 Member

Yup. And if he had led them past the first round, he would only credit himself.

It was we, we, we when he had bad games. But it was I, I, I when he had good games.

9. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Hey, at least T-Mac didn't curse out his teammates and demand a trade. He did the opposite and blocked a trade to stay in Houston. He hung out with CHUCK HAYES......in VEGAS. Who wants to hang out with a guy that shoots weird free throws? T-Mac is his name. Now that is what you call team loyalty. :cool:

10. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

While Max did pull some stuff just due to his opinion of his contract and the arriving Glide, it was more his attitude after he got "sent on vacation" that didn't sit well with me... that interview on TV with him on the golf course talking about all the money he was making when the rockets won games, all with that smug look, just made the whole thing seem worse...

As far as TMAC, I agree, it isn't looking good right now, but I don't doubt that he is hurt. Who's fault? Rehab commitment? Well, whatever... but there's a certain amount of indifference to do the right thing there, it would seem.

BUT...

None of them compare, in my eyes, to how Pippen acted. He cared about our team the least, and it showed. He gets my vote.

11. OUTITAN

OUTITAN Member

Oh Scottie Quitten by far. Oh how I hate that man!

12. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Easy. It's Tmac. Pippen was not hear long enough to even be considered a Rocket. Tracy has been here for a while and the team has been his most of that time.

13. daRox

daRox Member

Some of us don't like what's going on with T-Mac but comparing him to Scottie Pippen? Come on, you should know better. :mad:

14. IamKhan

IamKhan Rookie

P is a bigger quitter; T is more gay.

15. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I like this post:)

16. angrykitty

angrykitty Member

Pippen "wins" this title in my book. T-Mac's quit was due in part to injury.

17. Roxxx4life

Roxxx4life Member

Scottie Pepper... Hands down...

18. ElDobleK

ElDobleK Literally Zan Tabak

There should be a poll option for "half of this board."

19. Tornadoofsoul6

Scottie Pippen....

20. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

Voted for Quitten, honorable mention goes to...

[​IMG]